The Orville S2 |OT| Discover the Art of Opening Pickle Jars - Thursdays at 9 EST

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I see this thread bumped I fear that an announcement of the show's cancellation is what did it so nice to see season 3 is happening.

StallionDan

Oct 25, 2017
That's fine, but Orville isn't adding anything new or even interesting and the actors aren't enough to carry the same basic stories we've seen a million times.
I disagree with that. Compare the human dates a robot stories of TNG and Orville. Are they really the same story? Not even close and Orville has a completely different outcome.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh Im so relieved. I really wasn't ready to lose this show. Hopefully they don't slash the budget too much.

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree with that. Compare the human dates a robot stories of TNG and Orville. Are they really the same story? Not even close and Orville has a completely different outcome.
The outcome was that his relationship with the humans is what made him change his mind, hardly new or original and they just completely ignored any fall out afterwords with the exception of some throw away line by the Dr. Yeah they changed it up but lead nowhere interesting (at least to me) Also they need to flesh out their other characters, enough Bortus and Moclans.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
All I know is if Seth wants to write that episode where he sings a duet with Scott Bakula/Avery Brooks, Season 3 is the best time to do it. I pretty much doubt Season 4 will happen unless Disney want to put this on their streaming service with Star Wars.

Lump

Oct 25, 2017
Glad it’s renewed - it was the one I was concerned about most. This show is scratching all those TNG itches.

hibikase

Oct 26, 2017
Season 2 showed us what the show can be without the cringey forced humour. Hopefully they can manage to push the envelope even further in season 3.

Between this and The Expanse I am so psyched.

Lagamorph

Oct 26, 2017
Really hope they don't reduce the budget. With a lower budget we'd never have gotten stuff like the huge battle in the Identity two parter.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Apparently Scott Grimes and Adrianne Palicki were married yesterday, shows how much I pay attention to this stuff, didn't even know they were together.