• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really liking season 2 so far! Alara pulling a Tasha Yarr, first contact, hostile aliens capturing the Captain. The show is the best it's been.

OP
OP
AoM

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
New episode tonight.

"A Happy Refrain"
Claire's personal life takes an unexpected turn; Gordon makes an unusual grooming suggestion to Bortus.

spidye

Oct 28, 2017
This show is so great
Really missed old Trek. It really is a love letter to the next generation trek and imo seth's best work

Hopefully this show goes on for many years to come

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This show is so great
Really missed old Trek. It really is a love letter to the next generation trek and imo seth's best work

Hopefully this show goes on for many years to come

I never see anybody talking about it elsewhere. I fear it's going to be cancelled, but have admittedly little to base it off of.

OP
OP
AoM

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
This is what I fear the most. There's aboslutely no talk about it on social media or any other place
Are there any viewer numbers?

Last five episodes of S1:

The five episodes of this season so far:

And note that that season two premiere aired on a Sunday (after football, I think).

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else think Bortus' smug expression to Clyden after their son complimented his mustache was the best moment of the season?

OP
OP
AoM

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
"As I am incapable of stuttering, I must conclude that you heard me."

1*YD9J8-0KgLjKHRAJOG5Ijg.gif

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really liked that one. They could've easily gone too jokey and cruel with the subject but they handled it pretty well. I may have gotten a little choked up at the very end, I won't lie.

I thought the mustache looked good.

Oct 25, 2017
That was pretty good, loved the ending and Issac flipping the table and the break up scene he was hilarious.

Oh that stuttering line killed me

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the only way this episode would be good is if they don't end it the way TNG did and actually commit to the idea of the relationship and they actually did it.

They took the Data episode and actually improved it, which is the best case scenario in a show about ripping off old Star Trek scripts. lol

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized. The Orville is the television equivalent of a really good cover band who plays Beatles songs really well. lol

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Great episode this one. The show is really coming on its own as a good character drama with some fun moments rather than a Seth McFarlane comedy in Star Trek disguise.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Liked the episode, but the follicle stimulator kind of irked me, as assuming such a device worked as its name implied, it still wouldn't do anything if there are no follicles to stimulate. /nerd

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
This was the best episode yet. I think Issac will actually gain the ability for emotions later on in the series. His programs are rewriting themselves and I can see emotional subroutines being written in order to keep the relationship going and make it more real.

Also the scene of Lamar and Malloy Sprinting down the hall to the bridge was hilarious.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Best episode of the season for me so far.

It was pretty clear for a while that Claire and Isaac were gonna be a thing. Didn't expect it so soon though. In any case I think they approached the subject perfectly.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not that I want to get involved in those Discovery vs. Orville fanwars but it makes me a bit sad that this thread gets barely a third of the traffic of the other show's thread :(

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, that was a pretty funny episode. I like that they are committing to the relationship.
Last five episodes of S1:

The five episodes of this season so far:

And note that that season two premiere aired on a Sunday (after football, I think).
I really hope that at the very least it can stay above 3.0.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
This show can definitely be hit or miss, but I feel like Isaac is batting a thousand, and this episode was a home run. The break up scene was the hilarious, the diagnostic scene was touching, just outstanding.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This show can definitely be hit or miss, but I feel like Isaac is batting a thousand, and this episode was a home run. The break up scene was the hilarious, the diagnostic scene was touching, just outstanding.

I will say that he's certainly a different take on the spock/data/etc trope about something emotionless trying to explore humanity. Where Spock was literally half human and thus had emotions he suppressed, and data longed to be human, Isaac really doesn't want to be human. He is proud to be a robot, and considered it better to be an emotionless character. His approach to studying humanity is merely academic.

It's a little dryer, but it keeps things fresh. Funny how the thing that isn't at all interested in being human wound up with a steady relationship, while the robot that was dying to be human couldn't sustain his.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
Not that I want to get involved in those Discovery vs. Orville fanwars but it makes me a bit sad that this thread gets barely a third of the traffic of the other show's thread :(
I'm mentally steeling myself for a cancellation announcement. I should be happy that we got this much, but I can't help but feel sad that this labor of love is so under appreciated. I like Discovery as much as the next guy, but THIS is Trek. I know that it's not real Trek, but I love this show all the same. I'm so glad the that Seth made the studios think that he was delivering Galaxy Quest, but was actually intending straight up TNG. It makes me chuckle whenever I see the "comedy" genre tag in Hulu.

I don't care what anyone says but the emotional punch of non serialiazed television is so much stronger than the long form stuff most shows try now.

Lady Justice

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I so loved this episode. It was funny and touching. The end scene was really heart warming.
I hope it doesn't get cancelled, it is at the moment one of my favorite feel good shows.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't care what anyone says but the emotional punch of non serialiazed television is so much stronger than the long form stuff most shows try now.

I think that's just the opinion of a fan of sci fi in general. I adore anthology sci fi, probably more than serialized sci fi. The Orville isn't an anthology, though.

The mid 90's outer limits is still probably my favorite sci fi show ever. I'm sad we don't have very much classical sci fi anymore these days, which is why I'm enjoying the Orville as much as I can.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The show is harder to watch internationally. It not airing at same time either so I imagine some people stay away because spoilers.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The show is harder to watch internationally.

That's a good point I guess. I'm watching The Orville via iTunes in Canada, do we know if it's available on there (or other a-la-carte services) internationally?

It not airing at same time either so I imagine some people stay away because spoilers.

But that's true of Discovery as well, there's a whole 24 hour delay for Netflix and Crave.

Last edited:

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a good point I guess. I'm watching The Orville via iTunes in Canada, do we know if it's available on there (or other a-la-carte services) internationally?

But that's true of Discovery as well, there's a whole 24 hour delay for Netflix and Crave.
The delay for Orville is weeks or months. A day for STD is nothing.

Benjamin

Nov 11, 2017
I've just marathoned through S1 and caught up to latest episode...

Damn this show is good. Not perfect but it is so much more enjoyable than any review conveyed. It's toilet humour is surprisingly fitting.

Hope for some more real character development but it's so much better than Discovery.

Oct 26, 2017
I've just marathoned through S1 and caught up to latest episode...

Damn this show is good. Not perfect but it is so much more enjoyable than any review conveyed. It's toilet humour is surprisingly fitting.

Hope for some more real character development but it's so much better than Discovery.
This line of thought I see from people on here isn't something I get. There's barely anything substantial in this show, with most of it being vacuous moral tales that were told decades ago and in a better way by TNG.

And least that show had Patrick Stewart to give it some gravitas.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Loved the latest episode and how they handled it, it was really well done. These kind of stories can be so difficult to do properly, but they pulled it off with class and some actually touching moments. Shades of Joker and EDI.

I think this is now my favourite show. It's an absolute love letter to Star Trek and I'm perfectly fine with that.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Loved this last episode. I think it was by far the funniest of the series. I damn near lost it when Yaphit showed up in the simulator.