• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
hNLaW4W.png

Set 400 years in the future, the series follows The U.S.S. Orville, a mid-level exploratory spaceship. Its crew, both human and alien, face the wonders and dangers of outer space, while also dealing with the problems of everyday life.

In Season Two, the ship's crew will meet never-before-seen aliens and face old adversaries, the Krill. They'll make first contact with a new civilization and revisit the planet Moclus. Ed and Kelly's relationship also will take a new turn – all of which points to a season filled with adventure, mystery, romance and, as always, some poignant social commentary.

Seth MacFarlane
as Captain Ed Mercer

UxKdlJv.jpg

Adrianne Palicki
as Commander Kelly Grayson

AdozrzQ.jpg

Penny Johnson Jerald
as Doctor Claire Finn

0cY38Tn.jpg

Scott Grimes
as Lieutenant Gordon Malloy

F6ICSiL.jpg

Peter Macon
as Lieutenant Commander Bortus

O8jJ2Di.jpg

Halston Sage
as Lieutenant Alara Kitan

Pstnp6C.png

J. Lee
as Lieutenant Commander John Lamarr

FqIop0W.png

Mark Jackson
as Isaac

2rd7F6P.png

Jessica Szohr
as...
Talla, a Xelayan (the same race as Alara) security officer.

Other cast:

Chad Coleman - Klyden
Norm Macdonald - Lieutenant Yaphit
Mike Henry - Dann
Chris Johnson - Cassius

Let me know about any corrections/additions, and any title suggestions (and I'll get a mod to change it).

4ANfhDL.gif

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
That was an ok first episode, wasn't really into the drama between Ed and Kelly or Dr. Finn and her kids. Glad that it's back though. Is the next episode this Thursday?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't feeling this episode but I don't think the straight forward inter personal stuff of the crew is the strongest point of the show, especially if there is no scifi element to the events. Just the usual every day human stuff in space is just not that well done.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
This was yet another mishmash if TNG episodes but I think it works well and is a bit less obvious about ripping off the source material than a season one episode.

As I said in the other thread, I'm just glad someone realized that you can make a sci-fi show without laser guns going pew pew pew or people yelling at or having sex with each other. lol

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I need to catch up on season one
This was yet another mishmash if TNG episodes but I think it works well and is a bit less obvious about ripping off the source material than a season one episode.

As I said in the other thread, I'm just glad someone realized that you can make a sci-fi show without laser guns going pew pew pew or people yelling at or having sex with each other. lol
I miss the glory days of Babylon 5, Andromeda, Earth Final Conflict, and DS9 was on every weekend

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

To be honest I wish they leaned into the scifi stuff a bit more. The mundane day to day stuff is not this shows strong suit. A straightforward set of storylines about uppity kids getting into mischief and dating mishaps seems like a waste. I don't need scifi bombast every episode but this stuff would have seemed rote in your run of the mill sitcom.

Dinskugga

Nov 6, 2017
First season was great! Like TNG mixed up with some comedy.

Sure some episodes was boring. But overall i loved the exploring episodes and the mix of drama/comedy

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not the strongest episode to start a season on but I did enjoy it overall. Maybe a few too many plots happening at once but the smaller scale of the episode was pretty nice.

I need to catch up on season one

I miss the glory days of Babylon 5, Andromeda, Earth Final Conflict, and DS9 was on every weekend
I just picked up Earth Final Conflict season 1 for one of my exercise shows and I'm hoping it's worth watching. I've heard it falls apart pretty quickly.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Not a great episode but I was entertained. The Orville is my favorite guilty pleasure.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't care for the episode sadly.

I was hoping the show would come back and be a noticeable step up from its first year but this just felt like the same old The Orville(which I really want to like more than I do). And not even a good The Orville at that.

Oct 26, 2017
I got some laughs out of it but yeah, it was a bit heavy on the sitcom stuff. TNG figured out by the end of season 3 to go hard with season bookends. Doesn't seem like a lesson the Orville should be learning from scratch.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the episode, I liked the fact that they didn't go overboard on comedy and I like how they mix in normal things with absurdities like Bortus having a ritual to pee. It's good to know that a space show similar to TNG exists that doesn't feel the need to have action and suspense to be enjoyable.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Not gonna lie, I was really hoping for a massive blast from Bortus that would've sheared the top layer off the plateau they were facing like a power washer.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine without crazy scifi plotlines every episode but boilerplate played out sitcom stories are not what I want instead. Really hope the writing isn't this trite for the entire season.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Hopefully the rest of the season is better then Sunday's episode...it started good with the premise but everything in between was kinda boring,although it set up a few new characters and all.Wasn't bad I guess but let's see...

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Unfortunately this and Star Trek Discovery is all we sci fi heads have to eat currently. And Star Trek Discovery is behind a damn pay wall!

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Liked the premiere. It wasn't anything spectacular but it worked fine for me. Let's get this Ed and Kelly stuff nipped in the bud soon though, plz.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Was expecting the new crew woman and the teacher guy Kelly is with to either be exes or meet and really hit it off.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Not the strongest episode to start a season on but I did enjoy it overall. Maybe a few too many plots happening at once but the smaller scale of the episode was pretty nice.

I just picked up Earth Final Conflict season 1 for one of my exercise shows and I'm hoping it's worth watching. I've heard it falls apart pretty quickly.
First few seasons are good, but the lead leaves and they kinda of flounder
I still want their little smartphone thingy with the expanding screen.
Remember the Tek chips from Tekwar? I always wonder why they aren't real.
Ahem. ATTAVIS.

...space vampires.
You have shamed all of us for remembering that.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After all this build-up and we didn't even see the actual urination, what a complete letdown.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Didn't care for the episode sadly.

I was hoping the show would come back and be a noticeable step up from its first year but this just felt like the same old The Orville(which I really want to like more than I do). And not even a good The Orville at that.

IIRC, some of the season 1 episodes were pushed to season 2

OP
OP
AoM

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
New episode tonight.

"Primal Urges"
The crew race to save a small group of survivors on a planet about to be destroyed by its sun.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
That episode was kind of boring. You could have set it today instead of the future and changed almost nothing.

Glad we get a new episode tonight.