• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
6Yf6Urh.gif

OP
OP
AoM

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
- Surprised they did two Gordon focused episodes in a row.

- Bortus and Klyden going through all the stages of smoking in one episode!

- Welp, you see guys again on April 11 lol. I can't tell if it means Fox does or doesn't care about the show.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it was well-meaning and well-acted but I wish the show would dig deeper and take more risks. Like the last ep, it's nice to see Gordon taken more seriously as a character but this is all pretty slight stuff.

(Tim Russ' appearance felt appropriate given how much of this episode cribbed from Janeway's holodeck romance, right down to deleting the competition.)

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I actually loved this episode, but I feel like to get the point across most of the crew had to basically do a 180 on the Simulation stuff. I guess we've seen no real general use of the sim, but the crew seemed to be unnerved by the idea before it even started effecting Gordon's job or he got weird about it. Lamar was harping on it not being real immediately, Ed and Kelly acted like it was weird the first time they even heard about it.

It just kind of seemed weird. Loved the idea of it and loved the Bortus and Klydon side story, but it seemed a little forced. We aren't assuming everyone is doing some weird shit in those sims? Until it effected the ship and crew I didn't see the point.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I was expecting they'd do a search on her name and find out she "made it" as a singer and that they still have some of her music archived.

I never saw a single episode of Gossip Girl but I own Leighton Meester's album off someone's suggestion.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting they'd do a search on her name and find out she "made it" as a singer and that they still have some of her music archived.

I never saw a single episode of Gossip Girl but I own Leighton Meester's album off someone's suggestion.

I was thinking the weird Dad being named Greg thing was going to come back up.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
This show continues to blow me away. Granted, I've never been able to get into Star Trek (aside from the first reboot movie from a decade ago), so many of these aped storylines are new to me. But wow, this one really tug at my heart strings. Well acted, and really bittersweet. And Bortus and Klyden's cigarette addiction was amazing.

Really bummed about another (even longer!) hiatus. The two weeks leading up to this one were awful, and three weeks seems like a death sentence. It's Fox, so I wouldn't be surprised if they kill another show I truly love and look forward to.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Well that was heartbreaking. I never got into Star Trek as my go to scifi was Stargate and Babylon 5, so this story is pretty new to me.
I thought this was a strong episode.

Deleted member 46922

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Together with Doom Patrol, this is my favorite SF show these days.
If it lasts long enough in this tv climate, it and Doom Patrol may join Star Trek DS9 and Person of Interest as my favorite SF shows ever.

I love low stake-episodes if done right. And low key adressing the meaning of life and adressing the fact that people are very much nurture and less nature is pretty good for a lighthearted SF series.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it was well-meaning and well-acted but I wish the show would dig deeper and take more risks. Like the last ep, it's nice to see Gordon taken more seriously as a character but this is all pretty slight stuff.

(Tim Russ' appearance felt appropriate given how much of this episode cribbed from Janeway's holodeck romance, right down to deleting the competition.)
The message was different though, was about what makes us who we are and changing parts of Laura's life changed her. Janeway was more about her own feelings dating a fake person. Was also a TNG with Geordie where like Janeway was about his issues.

Either way it was similar enough I think it a bit boring by now.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Glad to see you all fellow fans.

I've watched two minutes of the new ep and

TUVOK!!!!!! Tim Russ. Alright. Happy to see so many star trek voyager alumn in this series

And yes, once a month fellow geeks get together in person and we discuss this series. It started off as a joke and somehow turned legit.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Once I saw that phone and Gordon. I knew I'm going to enjoy some rom-com-sci-fi.

😂🤣😅😆 Holy shit Bortus and Kylden smoking. It's the best 😝

This is my favorite episode

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- Surprised they did two Gordon focused episodes in a row.

- Bortus and Klyden going through all the stages of smoking in one episode!

- Welp, you see guys again on April 11 lol. I can't tell if it means Fox does or doesn't care about the show.
Eh ratings have been fairly stable, more just FOX being, well, FOX.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I can't really tell what to make of the weird breaks. Usually a show that isn't fairing well will get dumped to friday or all of a sudden it will be two episodes a night for multiple weeks.

The breaks seem weird and could probably mean anything. I wouldn't think of them as inherently bad.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't really tell what to make of the weird breaks. Usually a show that isn't fairing well will get dumped to friday or all of a sudden it will be two episodes a night for multiple weeks.

The breaks seem weird and could probably mean anything. I wouldn't think of them as inherently bad.
The ratings have been pretty weak and down recently, it's a bubble show for renewal.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Gotham had these breaks for several seasons and only now is on its final season, I think it is something Fox just does.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw last week's episode, and I thought it was pretty touching. And I didn't get very far into Voyager and never saw that Janeway episode you're all referencing, so I didn't have the feeling of deja vu (I know Geordi also fell for a holodeck character, but I don't feel this was a copy of that). And to be honest, the vast majority of TNG romance episodes were pretty cringey, and I think this one was handled better.

Did anyone else think Talla looked amazing in her game night hipster outfit? :P

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I just saw last week's episode, and I thought it was pretty touching. And I didn't get very far into Voyager and never saw that Janeway episode you're all referencing, so I didn't have the feeling of deja vu (I know Geordi also fell for a holodeck character, but I don't feel this was a copy of that). And to be honest, the vast majority of TNG romance episodes were pretty cringey, and I think this one was handled better.

Did anyone else think Talla looked amazing in her game night hipster outfit? :P
I don't actually remember how she looked but I'm mildly amused by her hair style being strategically set to she (probably) doesn't have to wear the prosthetics on the other side of her face/head.

Last edited:

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really, really enjoyed this weeks episode. I've been a fan of Gordon's actor since his days on ER and he's been great, the picture of them at the end was an especially nice touch. Does a good job of showing just how much of 2 people getting together long term comes down to timing and even failed relationships grow you in positive ways.

I really hope we get at least one more season out of this, I'm hoping Seth gets some more rope to work with since he's made Fox so much damn money over the years but if we don't get at least a final season to wrap everything up I'll be very sad. My favorite show on TV at the moment.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope we get at least one more season out of this, I'm hoping Seth gets some more rope to work with since he's made Fox so much damn money over the years but if we don't get at least a final season to wrap everything up I'll be very sad. My favorite show on TV at the moment.

Matt Groening and co. basically saved Fox from a premature death during its early years, and yet they screwed them every chance they could with Futurama.

The Orville is increasingly setting out to be Mcfarlane's Futurama.

And they're both sci-fi comedies, to boot. The pattern is scary clear.

Last edited:

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Man I really loved that last episode. It had a lot of heart, and triggered some real emotions for me. Casting Leighton Meester was a great choice as she has a beautiful singing voice.

To me this episode was (like a lot of Orville episodes) an obvious throwback/homage to old TNG eps borrowing heavily, but ultimately executing the same idea better and with some fresh wrinkles.

I love this show and sincerely hope FOX keeps it going for many more seasons.

Malloy's description of turbulence is my fav I have no idea how accurate it is but I'm using it from now on

Last edited:
OP
OP
AoM

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, back next week and then no breaks for the two remaining episodes after that.

Deleted member 40133

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
The ratings have been pretty weak and down recently, it's a bubble show for renewal.

Not to mention it's budget is higher than the "typical" sitcom. Not to mention with the Disney acquisitions they will undoubtedly be looking for "efficiencies". They could stick on Disney plus too actually, for content. Ironically going the star trek discovery route

OP
OP
AoM

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
New episode tonight.

"Sanctuary"
Ed discovers that Moclans aboard the Orville are harboring a secret.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Am I the only one who loves seeing all the Star Trek alumni show up in cameos and guest spots?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Now that Bortus called him out on it, I kind of want to go back and see if the writers had actually worked his biases into his interactions with women on the ship in previous episodes. I never really paid attention to it.

That was one of my favorite scenes in the show so far. Been waiting for Bortus to let that out finally.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Probably one of the better episodes this season though the way they solve the political aspect of the episode was pretty dumb.