• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Every time I see this thread bumped I fear that an announcement of the show's cancellation is what did it so nice to see season 3 is happening.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's fine, but Orville isn't adding anything new or even interesting and the actors aren't enough to carry the same basic stories we've seen a million times.
I disagree with that. Compare the human dates a robot stories of TNG and Orville. Are they really the same story? Not even close and Orville has a completely different outcome.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh Im so relieved. I really wasn't ready to lose this show. Hopefully they don't slash the budget too much.

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree with that. Compare the human dates a robot stories of TNG and Orville. Are they really the same story? Not even close and Orville has a completely different outcome.
The outcome was that his relationship with the humans is what made him change his mind, hardly new or original and they just completely ignored any fall out afterwords with the exception of some throw away line by the Dr. Yeah they changed it up but lead nowhere interesting (at least to me) Also they need to flesh out their other characters, enough Bortus and Moclans.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
All I know is if Seth wants to write that episode where he sings a duet with Scott Bakula/Avery Brooks, Season 3 is the best time to do it. I pretty much doubt Season 4 will happen unless Disney want to put this on their streaming service with Star Wars.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

giphy.gif

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Glad it's renewed - it was the one I was concerned about most. This show is scratching all those TNG itches.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How the hell did I miss this news

I'm so happy right now you guys, I think I'm gonna go cry

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Season 2 showed us what the show can be without the cringey forced humour. Hopefully they can manage to push the envelope even further in season 3.

Between this and The Expanse I am so psyched.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Really hope they don't reduce the budget. With a lower budget we'd never have gotten stuff like the huge battle in the Identity two parter.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Apparently Scott Grimes and Adrianne Palicki were married yesterday, shows how much I pay attention to this stuff, didn't even know they were together.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. Isn't this bad?

I guess it's better than not having the show. But it might only be like 10 episodes each season?
Hard to say but it doesn't look good. The renewal notice for Orville came very late and it was on the border for being canceled if I'm remembering correctly. The move very likely could be to give it one more season. For those enjoying the show I hope it's a good one for you and maybe it does get picked up again.

I'm not going to lie though. The idea that this is now only on Hulu in the US I do find funny *sips tea* because of all the shit some tried to say regarding CBS All access and Star Trek Discovery and then Picard.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
So Disney is putting a Disney owned show on a Disney owned service (Hulu). Why would there be any speculation about it being canceled? I mean I always assumed it would be likely moved to Hulu. Why would Disney keep it airing on Fox?

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
So Disney is putting a Disney owned show on a Disney owned service (Hulu). Why would there be any speculation about it being canceled? I mean I always assumed it would be likely moved to Hulu. Why would Disney keep it airing on Fox?

They probably wouldn't have the balls to do that with the Simpsons, though. Or maybe Fox (the network) would never let them. I figured this was bound to happen, but I figured it wouldn't happen until Fox cancelled it.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com

Because despite those factors you can still make money by selling shows to broadcast/cable.

It's not like the show wasn't streaming on Hulu already

Nov 28, 2017
I love the move to Hulu. Now we might get all episodes at once, and not have to wait for months to complete the season.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The show on FOX I think was already kinda doomed and doubt a S4 would have happened, if anything the move to Hulu can help it keep going as Hulu needs more original programming.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Season 2 deleted scene

Also, Scott Grimes and Adrianne Palicki are filing for a divorce after 2 months of being married

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Hulu could be great or disastrous for Orville. I honestly don't know how many people will follow from fox to Hulu, if someone doesn't have Hulu I don't see them buying it just for Orville, and people could have already seen it on Hulu to begin with. So we'll see, but it's not a great sign. Is it still on cable internationally? That's important too

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I bought Hulu just for One Punch Man, and Season 2 was a trash fire. I'd be happy to re-subscribe (assuming I drop my subscription at some point, currently still maintaining for some anime and Handmaid's Tale) for actual quality content!