• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wozman23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pico Rivera, CA
Maybe I can make some "standarized" banners and make some tricks here and there, maybe we should make an "OT Workshop" for people who want to make OTs but lack experience, it's often a very hard task and I think it could improve not the quality of the OTs but the frequency people get out of their comfort zone in order to make these.

It could also have a way to have a post to practise and see how everything is fitting together, often people need to go to older posts to make OTs and see how is everything fitting.

Why not adding that? You say

This post is going to be my draft for this OT (linked to your claim) and then you make everything isnide of a Spoiler to not deform the general Workshop

Anything you want to add to the thread I created is appreciated. I've always been curious how other approach creation.

Also, I never thought of moving my OT drafts to that thread, but that's a great idea. (though I think the spoiler tag may not format exactly the same as far as spacing is concerned).
See the margins are slightly different than the regular post which will make a difference if you're counting pixels
Still, moving my drafts there, beats my current method of editing an old post in the middle of a old thread I created, and can provide others with insight prior to launch.

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a couple OTs I really want to make, or at least have someone else make, but I made a dumb joke thread on Sunday and got my thread making privelages revoked even though I'd only made one thread before and that went completely unnoticed. No idea when or if I'll ever get thread privelages back or how i'd even go about an appeal.

Anyway, these are my ideas:

Pinball OT - for real & digital pinball fans and community organization. Mainly aims to cover currently in-production & future pinball tables as well users' local venues, leagues and events. Pinball is really starting to come back and a lot of games are beig distributed and are in development, people want to talk shop and find places and people to play

Handheld Collectors OT - A more general thread for people who enjoy collecting all kinds of handheld hardware and games, especially (but not limited to) older handhelds no longer in production.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there an avatar request OT? IE: Someone wants to make a certain avatar for themselves but doesn't know how to use photoshop very well. They could tell us and give us the image and their ideas and one (or multiple) of us could try our hand at it?

knicks

Oct 27, 2017
I am confused, can we not create threads? I never realized that until I wanted to make one today regarding Aziz Ansari.

mmazurkiewicz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Can someone make a thread for me?

Topic: Microscope gurus: I need help with digital camera

Body: I have a fairly good trinocular phase contrast scope. I bought a 3MP/96FPS digital camera system for this scope from the scope OEM.(Other option was 5MP/30FPS but I wanted framerate over res) Quality is poor but it may be the software/encoding. My issue is that there is a tremendous lag when viewing video on the monitor while moving the slide on the scope.

So I'm looking to build this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6TvCOPN5pI as a solution to my problem. Quality seems much higher than what I have for one tenth the price that I paid for the camera alone. Camera and scope were both purchased by my employer btw.

Does anyone recommend any other solutions or software to make my existing setup work better? There has to be an option in 2018 for me to view video on a monitor in 1:1 resolution and motion.

Thanks

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
So with this 6 month rule, how early could I claim a game slated for "summer" for example?
Seasons are effectively quarters (sometimes bridging two quarters) and quarters are, well, evenly split over the year.

January - Q1 - Winter
February - Q1 - Winter
March - Q1 - Winter/Spring
April - Q2 - Spring
May - Q2 - Spring
June - Q2 - Spring/Summer
July - Q3 - Summer
August - Q3 - Summer
September - Q3 - Summer/Fall
October - Q4 - Fall
November - Q4 - Fall/Winter
December - Q4 - Winter

Publishers use seasons when they can't really decide on a quarter yet, hence "summer" being super vague.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I got my posting new thread rights today.
And I would love to create an OT for Outsidexbox and Outside Xtra. But to be honest I never created something like that, and I don't even know how to start.

So any help would be really apreciated.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I got my posting new thread rights today.
And I would love to create an OT for Outsidexbox and Outside Xtra. But to be honest I never created something like that, and I don't even know how to start.

So any help would be really apreciated.
I suggest starting by reading the OP which at the bottom has a link to a starter guide for OTs.

Then post a proper claim if this is even needs one.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
well you didn't use the permalink to link to your post (follow the the image guide) and you didn't include a link to the date source but this sounds like it is an event so that's fine.

But it does work the link for me to my post. And I didn't knew what to link to the date. It's 2 youtube channels, and the date is just for when I will have the OT finished.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Shin Megami Tensei V most likely isn't coming within six months, but is it still reasonable to claim its OT? It might miss 2018 (especially for overseas) as well.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Shin Megami Tensei V most likely isn't coming within six months, but is it still reasonable to claim its OT? It might miss 2018 (especially for overseas) as well.
How is this still unclear?! :D

But it does work the link for me to my post. And I didn't knew what to link to the date. It's 2 youtube channels, and the date is just for when I will have the OT finished.
Then this would fall under something you don't even need to claim^^

The permalink is necessary since there are two setting types: 50 posts per page and 100 posts per page. The normal link is not compatible with both. The permalink is. Hence permalinks being required. You just need to dow hat's in that picture there, it's all quite straightforward, I think.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean there's the part about within six months and then there's a section about unconfirmed dates (one with a 2021 date at that).

Forgive me for asking a question, but like I'm confused here.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I mean there's the part about within six months and then there's a section about unconfirmed dates (one with a 2021 date at that).

Forgive me for asking a question, but like I'm confused here.
That's an old claim for a movie, those strict date things are mostly for games with their shitty unreliable dates. What counts is in the OP. Don't look at what existing claims do, I don't remove them when the guidelines get changed.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Quick Question about OP in general:
Where I can get Big Images of ResetEra Logo or similar graphics suitable for the Theme of the site?

Natetan

Jan 11, 2018
I don't know if this is the right place to ask for this, but can we have the investment for retire next and stock I vestment threads back I. The OT? I don't see them....

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea where to ask this question, so I guess I'll just fire in the dark here: Does anyone know how to create a poll in a new thread? Or is that something only mods can do?

pollzxocq.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:

vanmardigan

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to disable notifications from resetera admins? I don't care about polls for the logo, developer interviews, etc.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I've been thinking about this since the old site days.. why is there no OT for each current-gen console?

Instead, we have separate threads for first-party discussions, sales, the service (PS+ and/or PSN which is quite dead), and rumors. I believe all of those topics can be merged together in a single mega thread instead. This way, we can avoid threads for technical issues or anything about the system that can't be covered in those threads, as people can just ask away in the OT.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I've been thinking about this since the old site days.. why is there no OT for each current-gen console?

Instead, we have separate threads for first-party discussions, sales, the service (PS+ and/or PSN which is quite dead), and rumors. I believe all of those topics can be merged together in a single mega thread instead. This way, we can avoid threads for technical issues or anything about the system that can't be covered in those threads, as people can just ask away in the OT.
Maybe because it would discourage wider discussion?

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
...just wanted to clarify: to what extent are OT's reserved back on GAF holding here? i'd reserved Shenmue 3 & planned to work with the community (here & Shenmuedojo, they were a big help in rewriting it & keeping it current), and currently have a poster here (seiki) PM'ing me insisting it's his somehow.

I offered to take his input, let him write a section & of course get fully credited with it, but he doesn't seem to be taking no for an answer. in the interest of resolving this here (and assuming if it doesn't carry over), i'm again claiming :

Shenmue III by IrishNinja (23rd january 2018)

Last edited: