• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone willing to do an OT for Cosmic Star Heroine Switch version? it already came out in Europe and coming out tomorrow for NA.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
why are folks making OTs for games that launch on switch even though existing OTs for said games exsist on this site? Couldn't the original OT be editing to include Switch on the platforms list?

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
why are folks making OTs for games that launch on switch even though existing OTs for said games exsist on this site? Couldn't the original OT be editing to include Switch on the platforms list?

Era / Switch yeah, just let it go. I thought the rule of thumb was to use the existing OT unless it's a long time after the original or if there are a bunch of differences in the game, but it's all good either way.

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
Sorry for posting this here, I know it's not the place, but does anyone knows where can I gift some extra keys I have for Steam? Is there a thread or something for giveaways? Google doesn't like the word "Resetera", always corrects it as "Resetear".

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't seem like it's claimed yet, so I'll try my hand at it.

Morphies Law |OT| by -shadow-(20-08-2018) 20-08-2018

I know that the release date is today but not yet the OT since the release was borderline shadow dropped, but I'll get to work on it this week and hope to be able to finish it this weekend.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
It doesn't seem like it's claimed yet, so I'll try my hand at it.

Morphies Law |OT| by -shadow-(20-08-2018) 20-08-2018

I know that the release date is today but not yet the OT since the release was borderline shadow dropped, but I'll get to work on it this week and hope to be able to finish it this weekend.
You could also just post it straight away with base info from PR bullet points and update it later so people have a go-to spot to talk about the game.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TheMoon Valve just annonced they is doing a large scale Artifact Closed beta in October before the full release in November - any advice on what to do? Two separate threads one for the beta one for the release? Or just change the title of the first thread from Beta to Retail Edition?

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
TheMoon Valve just annonced they is doing a large scale Artifact Closed beta in October before the full release in November - any advice on what to do? Two separate threads one for the beta one for the release? Or just change the title of the first thread from Beta to Retail Edition?
I'd make two, personally? Or just see how active the closed beta thread is and then decide after? *shrug* (the *closed* beta part is tripping me up, if it were an open beta, I'd expect lots of posts and then clearly go for separate threads)

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
MapleStory 2 by Harusame (August 21st, 2018)
October 10th, 2018

Quick question, so the official launch of MapleStory 2 is October 10th, however, users who have bought a Founder's Pack, have a head start and are able to start officially start playing on October 1st. Would I have this OT posted 72 hours before Oct 1st or Oct 10th?
You do not have to post it 72h before, you can post it up-to(!) 72h before.

It's about when it's available. Is it open to people on the first? Post it on the first.

ThirstyFly

Oct 28, 2017
So is the 72 hour window for game OTs only, or everything with a release/start date?

I ask because for the October horror movie marathon, I always like to put it up a week or two early for people to post their lists, discuss picks, get recommendations and still have time to get the movies instead of rushing to get everything last minute. We don't start viewings until Oct. 1st, but I find having the thread open a week or so early helps people get everything ready.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
So is the 72 hour window for game OTs only, or everything with a release/start date?

I ask because for the October horror movie marathon, I always like to put it up a week or two early for people to post their lists, discuss picks, get recommendations and still have time to get the movies instead of rushing to get everything last minute. We don't start viewings until Oct. 1st, but I find having the thread open a week or so early helps people get everything ready.

Since nothing is actually releasing you should be fine. My understanding of the 72 hour rule is to just prevent mindless "can't wait!" posts in the lead up to the products release.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Since nothing is actually releasing you should be fine. My understanding of the 72 hour rule is to just prevent mindless "can't wait!" posts in the lead up to the products release.
Exactly this (not like I made up the rule or have any insight into why it exists, but this how it was reasoned in the old place [where the limit was actually 24h, which I found way more appropriate but whatever]).

It doesn't apply to this:

at all

ThirstyFly

Oct 28, 2017

Exactly this (not like I made up the rule or have any insight into why it exists, but this how it was reasoned in the old place [where the limit was actually 24h, which I found way more appropriate but whatever]).

It doesn't apply to this:

at all

Great, thanks for the input. It was never an issue at the old place so I'm hoping it won't be here either.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Are there any restrictions on creating review threads? Little Dragon cafe is out tomorrow and I'm interested in making one.