• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Yeah, I pinged him for a verdict. It may be all you. Just do the KH community proud, lol.
Cool no pressure haha! Nah it's gonna be awesome.

If there really isn't someone doing the OT anymore then sure I'll take it. But if not then I'll throw my support at whoever has the monumental task!

Last edited:

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm not good at working in a group so I relinquish my claim.

It's all yours Meelow . I'll let the Undertale OT be the last one I did for a good while.

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
How many images am i allowed to post in the OP?

Not aware of any limit, though it'd be more about optimizing the filesizes to keep them reasonable (imo) than anything.

Then again for popular games the first page often has a flurry of large reaction GIFs and such so some optimizing may go to waste anyway :p

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
How many images am i allowed to post in the OP?

According to some of our testing in the Design OT, there is an upper limit of images for one post it seems. From what I can tell, it used to be higher but it seems like Cloudfare lowered the limit. When I was over 85 images (some text banners were images alongside small character portraits), I was getting an error asking me to do a captcha which would always fail and kick me to a screen with code on it. I haven't gotten the error after reducing it to 70~75. So I'd say to keep in mind that 70+ images may throw an error and prevent you from previewing or posting the thread/post at all.

Somewhat related, there is a 30,000 character limit per post, including all the BBCode with image tags and formatting. We found this out with the Essential RPG thread. With all that said, I would also keep in mind the number and size (as well as file size) of gifs if you decide to put any in your post. They can make the post and thread a nightmare to load.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
According to some of our testing in the Design OT, there is an upper limit of images for one post it seems. From what I can tell, it used to be higher but it seems like Cloudfare lowered the limit. When I was over 85 images (some text banners were images alongside small character portraits), I was getting an error asking me to do a captcha which would always fail and kick me to a screen with code on it. I haven't gotten the error after reducing it to 70~75. So I'd say to keep in mind that 70+ images may throw an error and prevent you from previewing or posting the thread/post at all.

Somewhat related, there is a 30,000 character limit per post, including all the BBCode with image tags and formatting. We found this out with the Essential RPG thread. With all that said, I would also keep in mind the number and size (as well as file size) of gifs if you decide to put any in your post. They can make the post and thread a nightmare to load.
Great, I wouldn't be anywhere near that.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
So, I dumped a bunch of work into the Valkyria Chronicles 4 OT to be posted today but BRSxIgnition posted theirs. Previously they had the import OT.

I'm not calling for it to be locked so I can post mine or anything as I can just toss mine/give up my claim. There's well over a hundred posts in there so I don't want to shut that down. They've also put a bunch of work into theirs also. I can take the time lost on this one.

Just would have liked to know that I could've put that effort into a different OT.

I guess there should be some clarification about import and western release OT claims so others don't hit this on the future. Onto the next one!

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So, I dumped a bunch of work into the Valkyria Chronicles 4 OT to be posted today but BRSxIgnition posted theirs. Previously they had the import OT.

I'm not calling for it to be locked so I can post mine or anything as I can just toss mine/give up my claim. There's well over a hundred posts in there so I don't want to shut that down. They've also put a bunch of work into theirs also. I can take the time lost on this one.

Just would have liked to know that I could've put that effort into a different OT.

I guess there should be some clarification about import and western release OT claims so others don't hit this on the future. Onto the next one!

Sorry about that - me and the others had made a discord server to plan out the import OT and when we realized the release dates would be too far apart for one OT none of us really thought about putting down a seperate claim for the western release.

Again, on behalf of the group I'm really sorry we didn't do that and save you all that time - if you'd like to include anything in the OT we could possibly work something out and include it? Shoot me a message if you're interested.

Sorry again for that.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry about that - me and the others had made a discord server to plan out the import OT and when we realized the release dates would be too far apart for one OT none of us really thought about putting down a seperate claim for the western release.

Again, on behalf of the group I'm really sorry we didn't do that and save you all that time - if you'd like to include anything in the OT we could possibly work something out and include it? Shoot me a message if you're interested.

Sorry again for that.

It's ok, the time spent is already spent for both of us. I'll drop my claim and shift my attention to the next OT I have coming up.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have an OT planned out for The Apprentice UK? It looks like it's a thread that never made the jump last year, and since the media run is starting up for this year's series, it might be worth thinking about.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
Hey guys, I was just asked by someone to add the pc era Discord link to my Assassin's creed OT, since it's going to feature AC ODYSSEY as "game of the month".

Do you know of any console-specific Discords that might be doing the same thing?

I might be wrong, but it seems like a disservice to put up a link to a Discord focused only on pc gaming.
Thoughts?

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Hey guys, I was just asked by someone to add the pc era Discord link to my Assassin's creed OT, since it's going to feature AC ODYSSEY as "game of the month".

Do you know of any console-specific Discords that might be doing the same thing?

I might be wrong, but it seems like a disservice to put up a link to a Discord focused only on pc gaming.
Thoughts?
I say don't sweat it and just put it in, labeled appropriately. Not seeing a problem there. :)