• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Seems to work the same way as the newer themes did.
Yep. Right click on the number of the post and copy the link.
but that's just a normal link.

i need the permalink, like what you get under the "add threadmark" button (which is only in threads you created)

https://www.resetera.com/posts/15613392/ <- permalink, not offered anywhere anymore
https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...dinate-collaborate-read-op.1100/post-15613392 <- normal link, now under both the post number and the timestamp

but then again, do we even need permalinks anymore as, iirc, something about post counts got changed but I don't remember what at the moment.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
the format changed, but it looks like it works like a permalink to me tbh. There's no page number in the link, and the post number is the same.

Oct 25, 2017
but that's just a normal link.

i need the permalink, like what you get under the "add threadmark" button (which is only in threads you created)

https://www.resetera.com/posts/15613392/ <- permalink, not offered anywhere anymore
https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...dinate-collaborate-read-op.1100/post-15613392 <- normal link, now under both the post number and the timestamp

but then again, do we even need permalinks anymore as, iirc, something about post counts got changed but I don't remember what at the moment.
It doesn't list page number so it should be as good as a permalink.

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
The Threadmarks feature shown in this topic will be useful for OTs and large threads in general, allowing OPs to select the most useful/helpful posts for a drop-down menu above every page. Tbh I think the feature needs to be brought to more users' attention though as it's kinda buried in the middle of that topic which not everyone will even read (both thread makers and readers).

Last edited:

Silence_and_I

May 7, 2018
guys sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong thread, my account has been created for more than 60 days and i have 100 posts but it seems like i still can't create a thread in the main forum, are there any other requirements?

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
guys sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong thread, my account has been created for more than 60 days and i have 100 posts but it seems like i still can't create a thread in the main forum, are there any other requirements?

Per the FAQ

III. Junior Status

After your account is approved, you will begin as a Junior Member. This is your chance to settle in, get a feel for the forum, and demonstrate your capacity for civil discourse. Moderation may be stricter during this period, but to discourage elitism there will be no public indication of Junior Member status. Junior Members are not able to create new threads. In order to move from being a Junior Member to a full Member, two conditions must be met: (1) 90 days must have passed since your account was approved and (2) you must have made at least 300 posts. Once these two conditions are met, your account will automatically be upgraded to Member status.

Oct 25, 2017
Summer is too wide a window at this point. wait until it's narrowed down please.
this is literally the example in the OP

I see sorry I just jumped onto it. Gotta wait then.

edit:

LdSNiJq.jpg

huh

Last edited:

Jimmyfenix

Oct 25, 2017
Did you read the OP?

• Not OK: It's E3 2018 and you want to claim a game announced for "2019" or "Winter 2018"
  • Not OK: It's December 2018 and you want to claim a game announced for "2019" or "Summer 2019"
  • OK: It's E3 2018 and you want to claim a game announced for Q4 2019
  • OK: It's December 2018 and you want to claim a game announced for Q2/"first half of" 2019

Not OK = Summer 2019 and claiming it from december 2018

Yet Early summer 2019 is acceptable for a FF14 expansion which was claimed last month

huh

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Imma vouch for Prince since he does make the highest quality Yakuza series OTs on the site. I see no reason for him not to claim it. But that's my two cents.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
  • Not OK: It's E3 2018 and you want to claim a game announced for "2019" or "Winter 2018"
  • Not OK: It's December 2018 and you want to claim a game announced for "2019" or "Summer 2019"
  • OK: It's E3 2018 and you want to claim a game announced for Q4 2019
  • OK: It's December 2018 and you want to claim a game announced for Q2/"first half of" 2019

Not OK = Summer 2019 and claiming it from december 2018

Yet Early summer 2019 is acceptable for a FF14 expansion which was claimed last month

huh
did you read the parenthesis? and can you please trust that there's some sort of rhyme and reason behind these when there are exceptions that don't fit into the preset mould? I'm not here to amuse myself.

Imma vouch for Prince since he does make the highest quality Yakuza series OTs on the site. I see no reason for him not to claim it. But that's my two cents.
it has nothing to do with who claims something. it's simply outside of the window. that is all.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could swear that we had an Assassin's Creed Odyssey OT, I even subbed to it, but now I can't find it anywhere

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to search threads for specific posts. I want to do the Jedi Fallen Order OT and that leak a suggested it was coming next November. Obvsiously I have to wait for official dates and what not but I wanted to check and see if anyone had already expressed their desire to make that OT.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Is there a way to search threads for specific posts. I want to do the Jedi Fallen Order OT and that leak a suggested it was coming next November. Obvsiously I have to wait for official dates and what not but I wanted to check and see if anyone had already expressed their desire to make that OT.
search -> "this thread only"