• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I've chosen literally the worst time to post an OT for indie platform fighter Roof Rage. But I've become smitten with the game recently, I want more people to play with, and I'm bored, so here it is. It's been in early access since June.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Onimusha OT is coming. Life has been hectic with me moving back home for the holidays and dealing with all sorts of other nonsense. I know those are just excuses though.

I'll have it up within two or three days, tops.

Fungus

Oct 27, 2017
Hey there

There is an absolute geme of a game in early access: BallisticNG
A fan made wipeout 2097 clone. It deserves an OT, but I don't have the skills nore time to do it. This game surely needs all the attention it can get: would somebody do an OT about it?
(posted about it in the official indie thred, but it's pretty much dead ATM)

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Unfortunately due to my laptop not working at the moment and all my work being on it, I'm going to be unable to get the OT up for Black Desert (Xbox One) on time since it's looking like it could finally be releasing this month with the pre-order going up in a couple weeks, and so im going to officially drop it. If my laptop is up and running before it releases and no one has made another claim, I'll come back to claim again, but with the offcial release date still up in the air, id prefer not to take chances. Sorry!

Deleted member 26156

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe not quite the right place to ask this, but I dunno where else to go for an answer. I'm working on the NSMBUDX OT, and I can't figure out whether resizing images and such in the editing window actually does anything. The preview page shows the images at their original size, and when I open the draft in a new browser, the images go back to normal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Maybe not quite the right place to ask this, but I dunno where else to go for an answer. I'm working on the NSMBUDX OT, and I can't figure out whether resizing images and such in the editing window actually does anything. The preview page shows the images at their original size, and when I open the draft in a new browser, the images go back to normal.
I don't think you can resize images in the bbcode?

The forum always resizes the image to however large the window is. So any full 1080p screenshot, for example, will be resized to fit the forum's post tables on whatever platform. The only way, unless something changed, to resize images is to actually resize them on your machine, save at lower resolution, upload, use that version.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
TheMoon Just wanted to say that Dead or Alive 6 had been delayed to March 1st (two weeks delay).
Still planning on doing the OT.

Oct 27, 2017
TheMoon I'll be posting the Ace Combat 7 OT a bit ahead of what I indicated in the claim, as the game releases in Japan on the 17th. I'll try to have the thread up by 10pm EET on the 16th.

Deleted member 26156

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I claimed Yoshi already, but if you want it you can have it, or we could collab! Your NSMBU OT was really good.
Ah, sorry about that, I guess I didn't scroll all the way down to the Q1 section. But yes, I would be glad to collaborate with you on this. I'm sure we could make something great.

And thanks. :D

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Any OP/OT makers know a tutorial or tips for threadmarks?

No clue wtf these are or how many to use

Threadmarks are a way for OPs to index important or otherwise noteworthy posts; adding a threadmark to a post will generate a drop-down list that appears at the top of the thread. Honestly, in most cases, you'd probably be better off just updating the OP itself, but, say, if you were the OP of a TV OT and have been posting weekly recaps, you may want to threadmark them so they're catalogued and easily accessible. ;)

Last edited:
How to: Threadmarks

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Threadmarks are a way for OPs to index important or otherwise noteworthy posts; adding a threadmark to a post will generate a drop-down list that appears at the top of the thread. Honestly, in most cases, you'd probably be better off just updating the OP itself, but, say, if you were the OP of a TV OT and have been posting weekly recaps, you may want to threadmark them so they're catalogued and easily accessible. ;)
Thanks, I am the OP of a TV OT and some games, so if it is a legit tool I'd like to understand how it works.
The jargon is not apparent, so any help would be appreciated

1. Threadmark Category What is the difference between Threadmarks and Hlights?
1.5 What is Reset nesting. And why would I want to tick that?
VFc35k3.png

2HA9xlp.png

2. What is reader mode? and why does it have wifi symbol, expand symbol?
dLL8q5Q.png

3.Clicking the "..." at the top of an OP/OT gives you the drop down for "Opening the Threadmark Index". I have no idea what I'm doing here
I filled it out with 1234 and asdf to "demo" wtf happens and brute force my way into figuruing it out but you can't get this screen back after you have made a threadmark.

AyB5kJT.png

it says oops we ran into problems if you try to access it after making/deleting a threadmark
a8HNJ2p.png

Still have no clue what is Threadmark Index, why it needs title, description and index progress

Last edited:

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Thanks, I am the OP of a TV OT and some games, so if it is a legit tool I'd like to understand how it works.
The jargon is not apparent, so any help would be appreciated

<snip>

1) Nothing, really. The idea is that Threadmarks is for thread updates and Highlights is for notable posts, but unless you need that distinction, you can just use one or the other.

1.5) You can just ignore that. The feature supports nesting threadmarks as a way to sub-categorise them (think sub-bullet points in a list), but this doesn't appear to be enabled on Era.

2) Reader mode takes you to a page where the threadmarked posts are displayed back-to-back. The WiFi-like icon is a link for RSS readers and clicking the multi-arrow icon allows you to change the order in which the posts are displayed on the reader mode page.

3) A thread can have only one index. Adding an index adds an "Index" button to the top of the thread that is, as far as I can tell, functionally identical to the "View all threadmarks" link in the drop-down box. It does stand out more, though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1) Nothing, really. The idea is that Threadmarks is for thread updates and Highlights is for notable posts, but unless you need that distinction, you can just use one or the other.

1.5) You can just ignore that. The feature supports nesting threadmarks as a way to sub-categorise them (think sub-bullet points in a list), but this doesn't appear to be enabled on Era.

2) Reader mode takes you to a page where the threadmarked posts are displayed back-to-back. The WiFi-like icon is a link for RSS readers and clicking the multi-arrow icon allows you to change the order in which the posts are displayed on the reader mode page.

3) A thread can have only one index. Adding an index adds an "Index" button to the top of the thread that is, as far as I can tell, functionally identical to the "View all threadmarks" link in the drop-down box. It does stand out more, though.
Thanks.
I'll try using them.

If there are any other OP/OT writers in the same boat apparantley this is good implementation of highlight threadmarks
https://www.resetera.com/threads/20...d-after-the-season-it-got-cancelled-in.66056/