• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like the E3 thread OT should be "Nintendo X Microsoft: A Wedding that nobody saw happen"

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest, I totally forgot about Left Alive releasing soon and have nothing prepped for it. I'm going to have to drop the claim unfortunately since I just don't have the time as I'm focusing on other projects. If anyone else wants to pick it up, they're more than welcome to!

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I'll be honest, I totally forgot about Left Alive releasing soon and have nothing prepped for it. I'm going to have to drop the claim unfortunately since I just don't have the time as I'm focusing on other projects. If anyone else wants to pick it up, they're more than welcome to!
Fuck it, why not. I think I can put something half-decent together in time.

Left Alive by Aurc (March 1, 2019)
March 5, 2019

Anyone got any OT subtitle ideas? I have no knowledge of what would fit.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
The Occupation completely fell off my radar until I saw it comes out today. No sense making a formal claim but I'll put something together for it now.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Hey Aurc thanks a lot! I came here to claim it and saw your post. I would love to do the OT if that's fine.
Go for it! I just wasn't sure if you'd be online, or if someone else would do a swift claim or not, after we got the release date confirmed earlier. I remembered from some time ago that you wanted to make it.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Go for it! I just wasn't sure if you'd be online, or if someone else would do a swift claim or not, after we got the release date confirmed earlier. I remembered from some time ago that you wanted to make it.

reminder
5) If somebody has already claimed an OT that you also wanted to work on, collaborate with each other. Claiming an OT is not a race to be first to exclude others. Collaboration is mandatory if multiple people want to work on an OT! This is not first come first served! Claiming is about preventing two people wasting their time making dueling threads, it's not about excluding others.

there is absolutely no point in racing into this thread to make a claim.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
what do you mean by discuss? why not here?
I spent a while on graphics and GIFs (that I wanted to be mobile friendly, so thus are broken up to accommodate such formatting) in Photoshop and I wanted to see who would want to work on the Cyberpunk OT or give feedback with me basically but knowing the 6 month claim thing that I've read I'm unclear on if chat about that is shut down entirely if it is not yet claim time so I guess that's what I wanted to check before asking anyone here if they had ideas or feedback in this thread or the design tips thread...
JK6Ouku.png

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I spent a while on graphics and GIFs (that I wanted to be mobile friendly, so thus are broken up to accommodate such formatting) in Photoshop and I wanted to see who would want to work on the Cyberpunk OT or give feedback with me basically but knowing the 6 month claim thing that I've read I'm unclear on if chat about that is shut down entirely if it is not yet claim time so I guess that's what I wanted to check before asking anyone here if they had ideas or feedback in this thread or the design tips thread...
wow you're starting EARLY on that CP'77 OT lol

talk away, that's what this is here for.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
whoah that looks hype af

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
BAD, that looks RAD. You're doing good work.

I will say though, that since we're so far out from release, it may be a good idea to wait. There will inevitably be more information and art assets available for use later on down the line, and you'll likely want to incorporate those as well.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
wow you're starting EARLY on that CP'77 OT lol

talk away, that's what this is here for.
I have time now and I'm hyped so I'm up for testing ideas to make it excellent! Thanks
whoah that looks hype af
BAD, that looks RAD. You're doing good work.

I will say though, that since we're so far out from release, it may be a good idea to wait. There will inevitably be more information and art assets available for use later on down the line, and you'll likely want to incorporate those as well.
Thanks to you both. I'll definitely be willing to treat much of this as placeholder and tailor it more towards the final media aesthetic of the game as it approaches! It's certainly just a work in progress for now. Haven't really figured out what elements work best yet.

Last edited:

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I have time now and I'm hyped so I'm up for testing ideas to make it excellent! Thanks

Thanks to you both. I'll definitely be willing to treat much of this as placeholder and tailor it more towards the final media aesthetic of the game as it approaches! It's certainly just a work in progress for now. Haven't really figured out what elements work best yet.
Good shit. That gif is dope as hell

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
Two small indies are coming out on the same day (hypnospace outlaw & baba is you on the 12th) If I were to make an OT for those, would it be better to just have a single OT for both of them?

Plum

May 31, 2018
So I was thinking of making a 'Lego Games OT' that encompasses all games from that brand. I feel that there's discussion to be had there, especially as they're so frequent, but I'm not sure whether making one all-encompassing one is a good/viable idea. Any thoughts?

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
So I was thinking of making a 'Lego Games OT' that encompasses all games from that brand. I feel that there's discussion to be had there, especially as they're so frequent, but I'm not sure whether making one all-encompassing one is a good/viable idea. Any thoughts?
sure. i can dig it. You'd probably want to file it under gaming hangouts.

Speaking of it's been awhile since there's been one no?

Plum

May 31, 2018
sure. i can dig it. You'd probably want to file it under gaming hangouts.

Speaking of it's been awhile since there's been one no?

Cool! I'll start making it, then! The last OT I saw for a specific Lego game was City Undercover's current-gen port, IIRC.

As for the question, The Lego Movie 2's tie-in came out a few weeks back. From what I've seen it's a bit of a departure from the norm as it only has open world segments with no actual levels. I'm not sure what the next one that's coming out is going to be, I think there's "Lego Toy Story" rumours but who knows.