• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Unfortunately not, he wasn't very active in any of the MK11 threads or discord servers and none of us really know who he is.

Ah. Well, I suppose the fair thing to do here would be for someone to claim the OT on a somewhat tentative basis. That is, it's theirs unless someone happens to get in touch with Egg and he has a thread prepared.

Edit: Never mind, he's back.

Last edited:

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
TheMoon The user who was making the Mortal Kombat 11 OT is banned because of that Avengers thread and doesn't appear to be back in time for the game's release. Is it OK for someone else to take over that OT or is there something else going on with that?
egg have your thread posting privileges been restricted in any way?

No I'm here lol and my thread posting privileges are fine, I could request to be unbanned at any time so no worries. Im still doing the MK 11 OT!

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No I'm here lol and my thread posting privileges are fine, I could request to be unbanned at any time so no worries. Im still doing the MK 11 OT!

Oh nice! Sorry for the confusion but I'd heard you'd been banned so I assumed there was no one left to do the OT, glad to hear everything's fine.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Please inform me you have a voluntary ban going around the time you have an OT coming up to avoid stuff like this.

April to November is not six months. Please see OP for details.

Oh yeah, forgot the 6 months thing. My bad! Also I didn't know I was banned until it had already happened, it was done at random lol but I could request to be unbanned at any point and planned to do so before the OT had to be posted which is why I wasn't worried about letting anyone know. In the event that it happens again I'll try to contact you before hand. :)

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Oh yeah, forgot the 6 months thing. My bad! Also I didn't know I was banned until it had already happened, it was done at random lol but I could request to be unbanned at any point and planned to do so before the OT had to be posted which is why I wasn't worried about letting anyone know. In the event that it happens again I'll try to contact you before hand. :)
It's not so much about the OT itself but more about this situation where other users then don't know and worry for no reason. You know what I mean?

Cause oddly enough it happened quite often that someone got themselves banned while signed up for a high profile OT in the last few months lol.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Was anyone even going to bother with a World War Z OT? I'll take it and have it up within a matter of hours (game launches at 7:00 pm CST tomorrow so it'll be up within 24 hours of the launch window) if not.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to make a Pagan Online OT since there isn't one and the game is out in Early Access and it seems no one has claimed it.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Plan was to post it when i get home tomorrow morning. Plus its only Sunday, OTs are supposed to go up day before relase I thought?

from OP/official site FAQ:
OTs for games should not go up more than 72 hours before launch.
you should probably re-read the whole OP at some point.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Picking up a couple stragglers. If anyone else would rather take them just give me a shout otherwise I'll whip something up when I get time this weekend.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 (Switch/Xbox One) by Dancrane212 (April 11th, 2019)
April 16th, 2019)

Katana Zero by Dancrane212 (April 11th, 2019)
April 18th, 2019)

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Switch/Xbox One) by Dancrane212 (April 11th, 2019)
April 30th, 2019)
FFXII is getting released today in JP and it apparently has EN included, are you still planning for an April 30 OT ?

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know we got that 6-month rule in place, but can I just go ahead and plant a claim for that Star Wars Episode IX OT anyway? I mean, it's practically in there at this point.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I just bought a gaming desktop PC last month and I will either upgrade it or build a new one from the ground up after the next gen consoles are out.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I was hoping someone could help me out with what is considered the most optimal way to pull high quality design assets off official websites, to be used in OTs. I typically view page source and find exactly what I need, but sometimes, it's just not there.

Here is an example of what I mean. I'd like to grab that large, high quality render of the character holding his sword, but I'm not sure how. Any help is appreciated, I'm not too savvy with this sort of thing.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I was hoping someone could help me out with what is considered the most optimal way to pull high quality design assets off official websites, to be used in OTs. I typically view page source and find exactly what I need, but sometimes, it's just not there.

Here is an example of what I mean. I'd like to grab that large, high quality render of the character holding his sword, but I'm not sure how. Any help is appreciated, I'm not too savvy with this sort of thing.

Do you use Firefox (I rarely use Chrome so I don't know how it works there)? "Inspect Element" (right mouse, two below "view page source") is your friend. If you mouse over the HTML code, the corresponding elements will be highilighted and you can then click on the arrow to open the section(s) and go deeper until you find the URL you're looking for. It's always in there somewhere.

nspect8jjp4.jpg

I just bought a gaming desktop PC last month and I will either upgrade it or build a new one from the ground up after the next gen consoles are out.
Wrong thread? Wrong thread.

#################

Shakedown Hawaii by TheMoon (April 30, 2019)
May 7, 2019

Last edited:

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I don't think anyone has volunteered to do an OT2 for Sea of Thieves - the update launches today, am I allowed to throw one up?

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
I intend to create the E3 2019 | General Information and FAQ thread. Feel free to send requests and ideas on what to include. Layout may be a bit different from earlier but the basic things such as press conference schedule etc. will of course be featured. And also, the annual Spotify playlist is shaping up nicely.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
just throwing this out there informally for now, but Eitr got a Summer 2019 window of release. I'm a bit doubtful it'll actually make it but went ahead and started working on the OT anyway just in case. If anything more concrete gets announced, I'll formally make the claim. Cheers. And of course if anyone wants to contribute let me know ^.^

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do you use Firefox (I rarely use Chrome so I don't know how it works there)? "Inspect Element" (right mouse, two below "view page source") is your friend. If you mouse over the HTML code, the corresponding elements will be highilighted and you can then click on the arrow to open the section(s) and go deeper until you find the URL you're looking for. It's always in there somewhere.

nspect8jjp4.jpg

Wrong thread? Wrong thread.

#################

Shakedown Hawaii by TheMoon (April 30, 2019)
May 7, 2019
F12 opens developer console. Inside there's inspect element options and such like you are using. It's great. One of the first things you do in web dev when you learn you can adjust elements on the fly is rewrite pages in stupid ways lol.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games