• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Quick question about the Bleeding Edge Tech Alpha OT. The first test will be happening on the 27th, but emails have rolled out to the first batch of testers and you can technically try out the game already via a training mode right now. Should i wait until the 27th or should it go up on an earlier date?

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Quick question about the Bleeding Edge Tech Alpha OT. The first test will be happening on the 27th, but emails have rolled out to the first batch of testers and you can technically try out the game already via a training mode right now. Should i wait until the 27th or should it go up on an earlier date?
if there is discussion by players to be had because the thing is "out" (legally), there is no reason not to have the thread open. it's not about marketing/pr cycles, it's solely about having substantial discussion/contributions from people actively playing the game, not just running on empty hype fumes.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't sure where to ask this but figured this could be an okay thread to do so in, since it involves OTs.
Trying to uploaded a cover image for my FFXIV OT(the image banner at the very top that the thread name is displayed on) but when I put a file in to upload it gives me an error:
"Oops! We ran into some problems. No image has been specified."
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? The image I'm trying to upload is bigger than the recommended resolution so it's not that.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I wasn't sure where to ask this but figured this could be an okay thread to do so in, since it involves OTs.
Trying to uploaded a cover image for my FFXIV OT(the image banner at the very top that the thread name is displayed on) but when I put a file in to upload it gives me an error:
"Oops! We ran into some problems. No image has been specified."
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? The image I'm trying to upload is bigger than the recommended resolution so it's not that.
What image host is it on? Imgur?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The cover image system on this site has you upload it to Era straight from your PC.
Ah, mad. You used to be able to input a link and I just did it that way. Uh, what are the dimensions on the image you're trying to upload? Try making it a JPG if it isn't already as it's super anal about the images it allows.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, mad. You used to be able to input a link and I just did it that way. Uh, what are the dimensions on the image you're trying to upload? Try making it a JPG if it isn't already as it's super anal about the images it allows.
Jpg is at least giving me new errors lol, it's now a game between being too large and being too small(it's given me both errors now, one where I try to overshoot the resolution and the other where I try to match the banner size perfectly). So I guess I just have to keep trying resolutions until it accepts something.

You weren't kidding about anal!

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Jpg is at least giving me new errors lol, it's now a game between being too large and being too small(it's given me both errors now, one where I try to overshoot the resolution and the other where I try to match the banner size perfectly). So I guess I just have to keep trying resolutions until it accepts something.

You weren't kidding about anal!
Mind posting the image here so I can give it a shot on a random thread of mine? I want to see if it's just something on the site's end or if the image is borked.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mind posting the image here so I can give it a shot on a random thread of mine? I want to see if it's just something on the site's end or if the image is borked.
So I figured it out. Seems the upload can be any size resolution wise, but you just had to notch down the jpg quality to be under 400 KB or something like that.

Thanks for your help! Gonna test some more until I get a good look/image/position.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So I figured it out. Seems the upload can be any size resolution wise, but you just had to notch down the jpg quality to be under 400 KB or something like that.

Thanks for your help! Gonna test some more until I get a good look/image/position.
Awesome! I like the cover system but yeah, I feel it could be better done, especially when it comes to higher quality assets.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! I like the cover system but yeah, I feel it could be better done, especially when it comes to higher quality assets.
Yeah it's good for what it is. I guess something that tucked away up their doesn't need to be of amazing quality, and I can see from the site's point of view why they don't want to host such huge files.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
wtf i specifically didnt claim it because it doesnt have a hard release date

i dont care, just make it pretty ayaya

Be reasonable - claims are to only be made for games/movies/etc officially announced as releasing/premiering within the next six months. No TBA or "coming soon" type stuff. No educated guesstimates or speculation. Provide a source for the release date. As official as possible, please. No speculation. Also: please inform me if that date is changed, like when there are delays/specifications from Qx to MonthX, etc.
Example:
  • Not OK: It's E3 2018 and you want to claim a game announced for "2019" or "Winter 2018"
  • Not OK: It's December 2018 and you want to claim a game announced for "2019" or "Summer 2019"
  • OK: It's E3 2018 and you want to claim a game announced for Q4 2019 (if it's around May please wait until after E3 for updates)
  • OK: It's December 2018 and you want to claim a game announced for Q2/"first half of" 2019

nowhere does it say an exact date is required...

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
nowhere does it say an exact date is required...

Question: If a game is set for 2019 and we're in July 2019 (with only 6 months left in a year) can an OT be claimed without a quarter or season attached?

believe in me as I believe in you, friend

I misunderstood it. It's not a big deal. I'm just messing with Vylash.
Don't forget Rule 5. Collaborate to make a better OT together~

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
EDIT: This was originally a claim for Destiny 2: Shadowkeep (and New Light), which I would've liked to have worked on, but I'm now realizing that I likely won't have the time around then. My apologies.

Last edited:

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone interested in picking up the Astral Chain OT? I sorta forgot I had that signed up and my focus has been on the Death Stranding OT at the moment.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Astral Chain by vestan (July 10th, 2019)
August 30th, 2019

Anyone interested in picking up the Astral Chain OT? I sorta forgot I had that signed up and my focus has been on the Death Stranding OT at the moment.
Yes, please! Not going to lie, I was hoping you'd let me hop on it! I have some pretty good ideas for graphics. I'll take it off your hands if that's cool, my dude.

Redacted - 6 month rule :)
Was this for Cyberpunk? Lmao :D