• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So, question! As I see no one has claimed Skellboy for an OT. However, the game did release today. So, if I read the first post correctly, I no longer need to do a claim, but I could just open up a thread - correct?

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I am planning to :) I thought it only becomes an issue when that original date arrives. I'll adjust later today since you've brought it up now.
well that would've been soon, the delay happened some months ago. I've already updated the listing with the new date btw. just for future reference. it's meant to keep the list up-to-date.

you can sort of use the list or think of this as somewhat of a upcoming big-deal releases calendar, too. so keeping delayed games updated would be neat and I don't really check if all claims have current dates since that's your guys' jobs :P

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
well that would've been soon, the delay happened some months ago. I've already updated the listing with the new date btw. just for future reference. it's meant to keep the list up-to-date.

you can sort of use the list or think of this as somewhat of a upcoming big-deal releases calendar, too. so keeping delayed games updated would be neat and I don't really check if all claims have current dates since that's your guys' jobs :P
Thanks for updating the list

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Oh, so for future reference we count 6 months by months instead of days?
Well in my head if you'd posted this on Feb 17 it would've been right at the cut-off technically. Bot there's also just no need to hover over the buzzer. That's why I keep stressing time and time again that there's no need to rush to claim something asap. It's not first come first served. Again, though, this one's fine now.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was informed by PrinceOfWhatever via the Yakuza Discord server that neither him, nor Kindekuma will be able to find the time to work on the OT for the Yakuza Remastered Collection, and as such, I'm happy to take over those duties.

Yakuza Remastered Collection by Aurc (February 6, 2020)
February 11, 2020

Thank you! I'm sorry to drop it on such short notice. My work's busiest time of the year is next week and I simply don't have the time to get an OT that I am proud of in quality out in time.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Upfront
You do not need to claim threads that are just random threads about a thing or an issue or an idea. If you want to post a Salami OT, or your local bathouse, or about jaywalking while cosplaying as a pixel art frog, just go ahead and do it. No need to go through this procedure. Same goes for already released games/products. If you have an OT ready to go for something that is already in the past, you do not need to claim it either as there is a super low chance someone was working on the same thing. This is for products/events/media releases that are tied to release dates and follow a certain pattern. Claiming OTs is a measure to avoid conflict and multiple people putting work into elaborate threads on the same thing. In general, follow the rules about creating threads found in the Resetera General FAQ at the top of the page.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen by purseowner (13/02/20)
May 26th (NA), May 29th (EU)

With my health improved, really looking forward to doing this one justice with a great OT. If anyone wants to collab and make some pretty banners and such, message me and all.

(And don't worry, I'll eagle-eyedly make sure I don't forget about the NA release date being a day earlier this time)