• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
I made a HUNT: SHOWDOWN OT, hope that's okay. Seemed like it was never getting one so I just made a bare bones one.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Anyone cool if I make the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Photo thread?

You don't need to stake a claim for community-oriented threads. A photo thread is, by definition, ad-hoc; it won't exist until Era users are playing the game, as it's entirely dependent on user-generated content.

I made a HUNT: SHOWDOWN OT, hope that's okay. Seemed like it was never getting one so I just made a bare bones one.

Similar to the above, if a game has released/left Early Access/whatever and there are no relevant posts in this thread, there's no need to advertise your intentions. Skip that step and post your thread. :)

Essentially, this thread exists so people won't inadvertently step on each other's toes; if nobody has put their foot forward, then do so yourself. Just be sure to exercise due diligence in accordance with the rules.

Last edited:

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Is it just for photos or like photos + design sharing? Either way that would be neat to share examples and stuff

You don't need to stake a claim for community-oriented threads. A photo thread is, by definition, ad-hoc; it won't exist until Era users are playing the game, as it's entirely dependent on user-generated content.

Similar to the above, if a game has released/left Early Access/whatever and there are no relevant posts in this thread, there's no need to advertise your intentions. Skip that step and post your thread. :)

Essentially, this thread exists so people won't inadvertently step on each other's toes; if nobody has put their foot forward, then do so yourself. Just be sure to exercise due diligence in accordance with the rules.

Cool!

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Gonna have to drop my OT for Persona 5 Royal. My computer will be out of commission for the next week or so, which was when I planned to get it all ready... :/

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

from OP

Upfront
You do not need to claim threads that are just random threads about a thing or an issue or an idea. If you want to post a Salami OT, or your local bathouse, or about jaywalking while cosplaying as a pixel art frog, just go ahead and do it. No need to go through this procedure. Same goes for already released games/products. If you have an OT ready to go for something that is already in the past, you do not need to claim it either as there is a super low chance someone was working on the same thing. This is for products/events/media releases that are tied to release dates and follow a certain pattern. Claiming OTs is a measure to avoid conflict and multiple people putting work into elaborate threads on the same thing. In general, follow the rules about creating threads found in the Resetera General FAQ at the top of the page.

You don't need to claim something that you're gonna post a minute later or before even.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Waiting for Derek Yu to give a more definitive release window but from the blog post today it sounds like Spelunky 2 is coming soon, I'm thinking late spring, summer time. As soon as there's something concrete, imma make the claim. Just letting y'all know I'm interested

Just hoping he doesn't decide to shadowdrop the game and gives me some time to work up an OT

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Crazymoogle, the purpose of claiming an OT is so that multiple people don't end up working on the same thread, compiling information and images, only to find that someone else has been doing the same, wasting their time and effort in the process. If you and Soda worked it out among yourselves and everything is cool with you two, there's no need to post in this thread or make any claims. You're good.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know where I can grab a high resolution png or vector of the ResetEra logo (text included)?