• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
ototbanner2akzz.png

The index is up-to-date as of
post #4440 on March 6, 2024

The latest update to the index was made 1 month, 9 days, 22 hours, 54 minutes, 5 seconds ago.
(all claims posted are valid whether they're listed in the index or not, as long as they adhere to the criteria outlined below)

[~[~[~[~[---- Skip to the Claim Index ----]~]~]~]~]

Please read these guidelines before you make a claim for the first time. Remember that the search function is your friend. Before asking if game/film x, y, or z has been claimed yet, do a quick "thread only" search here. It's easy!
threadsearch9mkhx.jpg

whenclaimomk5z.png

You do not need to claim threads that are just random threads about a thing or an issue or an idea.If you want to post a Salami OT, or your local bathouse just go ahead and do it. No need to go through this procedure. Same goes for already released games/products. If you have an OT ready to go for something that is already in the past, you do not need to claim it either as there is a super low chance someone was working on the same thing. This is for products/events/media releases that are tied to release dates and follow a certain pattern. Claiming OTs is a measure to avoid conflict and multiple people putting work into elaborate threads on the same thing. In general, follow the rules about creating threads found in the Resetera General FAQ at the very bottom (right) of every page.

Note: The index is not for keeping track of threads that exist, it is for new, upcoming threads only (always ~6 months out)!

otguidelines57kr2.png

1. Please update us if you change your mind or when a release date changes! Quote your claim post (or send a DM to the OP) and briefly let us know. If you don't update a claim's release date and the entered post/release date passes, the claim gets deleted. Keeping track of shifting release dates is your responsibility.
  2. If you choose to make/post a thread on someone else's behalf you are solely responsible for it.
  3. Posting an OT is taking on a responsibility to maintain it, too. Don't just post one, cash in the praise, then dash. Keep it updated if other posters bring up valuable info to collect and share. Make sure things are accurate.
  4. If somebody has already claimed an OT that you also wanted to work on, collaborate with each other. Claiming an OT is not about first come first served. Collaboration is mandatory if multiple people want to work on an OT! Claiming is about preventing two people wasting their time making dueling threads, it's not about excluding others.
  5. Be reasonable - claims are to only be made for games/movies/etc officially announced as releasing/premiering within the next six months. No TBA or "coming soon" type stuff. No educated guesstimates or speculation. Provide a source for the release date. As official as possible, please. No speculation. Also: please inform us if that date is changed (see 1.)
    Example:
    • Not OK: It's E3 2019 and you want to claim a game announced for "2020" or "Winter 2019"
    • Not OK: It's December 2019 and you want to claim a game announced for "2020" or "Summer 2020"
    • OK: It's E3 2019 and you want to claim a game announced for Q4 2019 (if it's around May please wait until after E3 for updates)
    • OK: It's December 2019 and you want to claim a game announced for Q2/"first half of" 2020
  6. Please do not push for exceptions even when it's just a few weeks out of the 6 month window. There is absolutely no point in rushing to a claim.
  7. If you don't read the crucial parts of this OP before posting a claim and then don't post a correct claim, please remember that you are expecting people to read the OP of the OT you're trying to post a claim for... hell hath no fury like an unread OP.
erathreadrulesduk56.png

All OTs posted on ResetEra must follow the official guidelines.

The ResetEra FAQ has this to say about posting OTs
Official Threads (OTs) are some of the most important threads on the site, as they serve as the main hub for discussion about a given subject. Many of them spawn entire communities and find a permanent home in the Hangouts. Anyone can make an OT, but you should first check the OT Index to make sure that it has not already been claimed, and sign up to claim it yourself if it is more than three days in advance. Please wait until 72 hours in advance before posting an OT for a new release or event.

Members have created incredible and elaborate OTs over the years but everyone started somewhere, and you should not feel pressured to do anything except try your best. You have full artistic freedom over your OT, but we recommend that you include some basic information about the subject (see below) and that any images you use be 800px in width, as those dimensions work well across desktop and mobile. The format for an OT thread title is usually <subject name> |OT| <clever subtitle>.

You should not post an OT for a game more than 72 hours before launch. A strong gaming OT should contain at least the following:
  • Release Date
  • Developer
  • Publisher
  • Platform(s)
  • Pricing
New OTs may generally be posted to and remain in their respective Gaming or EtcetEra Forum sections for one month before being moved to the Hangouts.
Prohibited Games
As a general measuring stick, if a game is not appropriate for broadcast on Twitch it is unlikely to be appropriate here. Games that Valve hides on Steam by default due to "adult only sexual content" are also explicitly prohibited. Do not discuss these games or create threads about them. (see FAQ's "site policies" section for a list of explicitly banned games)

howtopost27jbx.png

1.) Copy the code below depending on what kind of topic you are planning to make.

"Gaming" Forum (Game releases, game events, community hangouts):
Code:
[b]TITLE[/b] by @YOURUSERNAME ([url=link to your claim's post]TODAY'S DATE[/url])
[URL=LINK TO OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE SOURCE - no speculation!]RELEASE DATE[/URL]
For Community/Hangout threads not tied to "release dates," please indicate when you plan on posting it! These dates are knowing when to check if it has been posted and then remove it from this list. If you are posting it moments after the claim, you do not need to claim it in the first place. Please be mindful of this.

"EtcetEra" Forum (Movies, TV, events, news, etc):
Code:
[ETC] [b]TITLE[/b] by @YOURUSERNAME ([url=link to your claim's post]TODAY'S DATE[/url])
EVENT/LIVE/POST DATE

2.) Replace the data with your own data.
  • Title refers to the title of the game/event/film/etc you are claiming.
  • Enter your username, as well as a link to your own profile (you can also just type @ and then your name)
  • "Today's Date" refers to the date you claimed the topic, and links back to that post.
  • Obviously you can only enter the link to the post after you posted it, then go back in to edit.
otpostlinki0jm8.jpg
3.) Include the expected release date for the game/event/etc in that same post with an official source link
4.) That's it! You're done! :)

ottipsy1kkc.png

Wozman23 created a guide for image-based OT designs that should prove useful to anyone doing an OT (especially first-timers!). Check it out here: Tips & Tricks for OTs |OT| Design Intervention

Small bonus tip if you want to create a countdown image for your OT: use this neat little website here http://secondapps.com/countdown/

Or use the built-in BBCode for a countdown or countup:
Next century countdown: 75 years, 8 months, 15 days, 7 hours, 6 minutes, 59 seconds
It has been 2 years, 10 months, 9 days, 6 hours, 13 minutes, 20 seconds since this countup has been added.
This OT |OT| was created:
Resetera went live around which was 6 years, 5 months, 21 days, 14 hours, 53 minutes ago, give or take.

countdown15lk30.jpg
countdown2a7j5z.jpg

RESETERA |OT| INDEX

This index is not for keeping track of threads that exist, it is for new, upcoming threads only!

See post #2

Last edited:
Claim Index
OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
############## March 2024 ##############
[ETC] Godzilla x Kong by Wrexis (March 1st, 2024)
March 27th, 2024
______

Unicorn Overlord by Dark Knight (September 14, 2023)
March 8, 2024

Alone in the Dark by Sumio Mondo (July 8th, 2023)
October 25, 2023 January 16, 2023 March 20, 2024

Dragon's Dogma II by iFirez (December 22nd, 2023)
March 22nd, 2024

Rise of the Ronin by benzy (February 12, 2024)
March 22, 2024

Princess Peach: Showtime! by Moogle (February 14, 2024)
March 22, 2024

############## April 2024 ##############
[ETC]
______

Stellar Blade by iFirez (Feburary 1, 2024)
April 26, 2024

############## May 2024 ##############
[ETC] Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga by DinkyDev (Dec 1st 2023)
May 22nd, 2024 (international release date)
______

Endless Ocean Luminous by phisheep (February 25 2024)
May 2, 2024

Homeworld 3 by iFirez (Feburary 1, 2024)
May 13, 2024 (May 10, 2024, 72 hour early access with some versions)

############## June 2024 ##############
[ETC]
______

ELDEN RING: Shadow of the Erdtree by iFirez (February 21, 2024)
June 21, 2024

############## July 2024 ##############
[ETC]
______

############## August 2024 ##############
[ETC]
______

############## September 2024 ##############
[ETC]
______

############## October 2024 ##############
[ETC]
______

############## November 2024 ##############
[ETC]
______

############## December 2024 ##############
[ETC]
______

Last edited:

Talapia

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
To be reasonable - claims are to only be made for games/etc with either solid release dates (within a year) OR officially announced as releasing within the next twelve months (aka the 1-year-out rule). Example: a game given a 2020 release year can be claimed starting January 2020.

Community / Unspecific Dates

The Last Night by TheWorthyEdge June 11, 2017

tenor.gif

Also, how does someone claim an OT months before a forum exists?

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Mentioned it in the last thread but I'll say it here too.

NFS Payback will be my first OT (feel like giving back to the community rather than just shitpost as I usually do). If anyone wants to collaborate or give me hand, drop me a PM. Got a few nice ideas in mind already.

Talapia

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm sure you can put 2 and 2 together here and figure out that this whole list is c/p from the old forum?

That's a tiny bit unfair. I never had an account on GAF, and I was assured this would be a fresh start. If we're carrying things over from that forum, doesn't that inherently discount newer members?

Also, I don't understand the snarky response.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
That's a tiny bit unfair. I never had an account on GAF, and I was assured this would be a fresh start. If we're carrying things over from that forum, doesn't that inherently discount newer members?

Also, I don't understand the snarky response.

Snarky response is my middle name. :) Don't read too much into it, but get used it. It's cold out here in space. Snark keeps me warm.

Many members moved over, they probably still want to do their OTs. Some don't.

Again, work in progress.

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to make a Bioware OT. At the last place we had the Mass Effect Community thread, which saw decent popularity, but given Mass Effect's murky future and the fact that the thread tended to have plenty of Dragon Age talk anyways, so...

Bioware Community Thread by Patryn(October 26, 2017)

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Project Zero/Fatal Frame/零 Community OT by -shadow-(26-10-2017)

Like so? (Yes this is the claim for the OT if that's possible for here.)

Last edited:

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heads up, Eggbok (egg) is still going to do the COD WWII OT. He will be here next registration wave.

Last edited:

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Since the post I made in the previous thread in Hangouts wasn't transferred over:

So now that we have the release date for the game...

Dragon Ball FighterZ by donkey show (October 26, 2017)

January 26, 2018

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
I'd like to make a Bioware OT. At the last place we had the Mass Effect Community thread, which saw decent popularity, but given Mass Effect's murky future and the fact that the thread tended to have plenty of Dragon Age talk anyways, so...

Bioware Community Thread by Patryn(October 26, 2017)
Heck yeah!!! I'll be there for sure! Go for it, Patryn!

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Project Zero/Fatal Frame/零 by -shadow-(26-10-2017)

Like so? (Yes this is the claim for the OT if that's possible for here.)

A Community OT? Please put that in the title if so. Or for that movie they were making?)

Since the post I made in the previous thread in Hangouts wasn't transferred over:

So now that we have the release date for the game...

Dragon Ball FighterZ by donkey show (October 26, 2017)

January 26, 2018

You still have the claim from before in the list :)
I haven't updated anything yet. It's all quite hectic today.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see you here from GAF, Moon.

I was the Flash on GAF by the way so I'm still going to be doing the OT for Quake Champions at some point soon since it's in early access now.

Quake Champions Early Access by AgentStrange ( October 26, 2017)

Out Now

Last edited:

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
You still have the claim from before in the list :)
I haven't updated anything yet. It's all quite hectic today.

Haha, I know. Just updating now since there's an actual release date versus the nebulous 2018. Thanks again for sorting it all. Take your time as well. There's no rush for this. ^^

Crazy Harry

Oct 25, 2017
After reading the list of claimed OT's can I conclude that we're allowed to create an OT for a game that's more than 4 days from launch opposed to what the forum rules state?

And what is seen as a launch? PUBG hasn't been launched but has an OT for example.
Are public tests seen as a launch?
Are closed tests seen as a launch?

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good to see that people won't read no matter the forum
After reading the list of claimed OT's can I conclude that we're allowed to create an OT for a game that's more than 4 days from launch opposed to what the forum rules state?

And what is seen as a launch? PUBG hasn't been launched but has an OT for example.
Are public tests seen as a launch?
Are closed tests seen as a launch?
PUBG has no OT, it has a community thread on EA. I have the PUBG OT and I haven't posted it, so there's no OT

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Terra Battle 2 OT. In progress. Don't expect any traffic given the current state it's in so won't be finished till later the day.

Terra Battle 2 |OT| All hail t... hello? byMars (Oct, 26th 2017)

Last edited:

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As for Hangout, I already posted my Saturn OT.

I intend to transfer my Dreamcast, N64, Gamecube and Ripping Threads later, if there's no objections against that. I just need to work on my banners so that they're ERA instead of something else. Should post at least one of those today but I don't want to release everything one shot anyway because it would kinda feel spammy. :P

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As for Hangout, I already posted my Saturn OT.

I intend to transfer my Dreamcast, N64, Gamecube and Ripping Threads later, if there's no objections against that. I just need to work on my banners so that they're ERA instead of something else. :P
Do you know if anyone is bringing over the Game Boy thread?

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I have to move the Planet Coaster OT from the old forum to this one.

Have it saved but need to change some banners/references first, and the add all the new DLC info that has come/is coming.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yay thanks TheMoon!
I'll update my claims when I get on my PC in a few here.
Glad to have you here! :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, the person who posted the old thread hasn't been active since July.

So I will be posting the Game Boy collecting thread.

Seik can you let me know when you get your collecting threads up so we can add links to out OPs?

omlet

Oct 25, 2017
Do we need to post a claim for a recent OT that was already up and going before the move? Or can I just make a few modifications and re-post it?

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
The Elder Scrolls: Online by Taker34( 26th October 2017)
4th April 2014

That is if it doesn't conflict with TES community OT. It shouldn't since it's receiving new DLC every 2-3 months. Also not sure if doing old games is ok or not. TheMoon
It's an ongoing game, so I think that should be fine. Community thread is for discussing the older games, basically. I'll link to your thread and the Skyrim Switch thread. :)

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017

Seik can you let me know when you get your collecting threads up so we can add links to out OPs?
Will that include the gbc and gba too?

Also is anyone bringing SMS, Genesis and SNES threads? (I'm looking at you IrishNinja)

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sure thing, buddy!

I'll just work on having everything ready once it's all done we'll link our stuff together as Retro-Era. (Or whatever name it ends up being.)