Travless

Mar 7, 2018
Quite excited for this. It's like if Fallout still had some originality (coming from a Fallout fan).

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
giphy.gif

This is gonna be a treat.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
It looks amazing, it's a fallout New Vegas sequel in all but name.

I want to know if they have a persistent world like New Vegas did due to the Bethesda engine. I doubt it as it's a lot of headache but would be incredible if they did.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im so happy about this. New Vegas was so good, Obsidian know exactly what they are doing here and I love it.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh this looks promising.

It looks like a playable Fallout! (I kid I kid, mostly.)

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It'll be hilarious if this ends up eating Starfield's lunch (provided they come out within a similar timeframe)

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Frame rate is really rough when they exit from the space ship.

Game looks like a true sequel from Fallout NV though and that makes me extremely happy.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I turned off the video when they asked/answered the question about "can you eff them" re: companions. The game looks like it could be excellent, and the little bit we've seen of the breathing room for role-playing in the conversations is very encouraging.

What a tacky fucking note to strike right out the door on Game Informer's part. Complaining that they might need to refer to the devs by their studio name and not the larger publisher was also a bit of an eye-roll. One of the presenters also made a prompt to the other that sounded like it was part of a script (where they obtusely say "exclusive to Xbox?" to prompt the real answer) that the other person totally missed, so all they managed to do was give misleading info about which platforms its being made for.

Last edited:

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Loving how site have gameplay and impressions ready to go for a decent amount of the Game Awards announced titles.

Oct 26, 2017
Of course it's a new Fallout New Vegas. It was clear since the first video. It's F:NV with a different setting because they don't have that IP, but even they have chosen an 'retro-alternate scifi' setting to even more similarity.

karkii

Oct 25, 2017
Looks quite good but the framerate seems unstable to say the least after they land.

grady

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Technical issues aside this looks to be the successor to Fallout that we were all looking for. Can't wait. I'm assuming there's no chance of a multiplatform sequel though after the MS buyout, which would be a shame to miss out on

Real

Oct 28, 2017
This is a weird little side note, but I LOVE the font that they use in the game. I've seen a similar variation of it in Bioshock too.

Does anyone know what it's called?

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
Out of nowhere, this looks awesome. If this is what they can do right now imagine what they can do with Microsoft bankrolling them next gen.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The "Fear" stat trade-off sounds awesome, and something that's so common in tabletop RPG systems that I'm happy to see any sort of presence of in videogames. More or less, you can set certain enemies to be more effective against you (passive debuff), but you get some other advantage in exchange.

Last edited:

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
It's like people with skill and vision actually tried and had a good engineering team to back them up.

Then you have Fallout 4.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Only skimmed the video, but yeah, excited for this, looks good, if a little janky.
I do have a little nitpick though, hopefully we can holster our weapon.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gameplay looks very Bioshock-sh, love it.

Side note, I can't believe that some people were questioning whether or not this was AAA in the previous thread, people have some crazy standards here sometimes.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
No voiced protagonist? That's disappointing.

Why? I find voiced protag in this typed RPG annoying, it's a waste of time really. I just want to hear NPC's reply, not repeat what I just read and selected.

Besides not having the protag voiced means you can imagine all sorts of unique voices, accent and tone for your character, instead of that generic white dude voice in Fallout 4. Trying playing Fallout 4 as a black dude and you will know exactly what I mean, that white protag voice is just extremely out of place.

Last edited:

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Bruh...they said Fallout: NV meets Mass Effect meets Bioshock

Gamepass day fuckin 1

Last edited:
OP
OP
MosquitoSmasher
Oct 26, 2017
The handgun didn't look all that fun to use in real time, but that could just be a case of having to play it myself. I am damn glad they have some sort of VATS in here.

Brunire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Technical issues aside this looks to be the successor to Fallout that we were all looking for. Can't wait. I'm assuming there's no chance of a multiplatform sequel though after the MS buyout, which would be a shame to miss out on
I am pretty sure it had PS4, XBOX and PC listed on the reveal trailer.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Only skimmed the video, but yeah, excited for this, looks good, if a little janky.
I do have a little nitpick though, hopefully we can holster our weapon.

I always silently grumble when I play any game where you're interacting with others and you can't holster your weapon. It honestly feels pretty nuts at this point. More realistic responses from others to your weapon treatment and posturing was something I really liked in RDR2.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Finally an FPP game where the character holds a revolver with ONE HAND.

Day one.