• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Man Outer Words and Disco Elysium and I haven't gotten to Borderlands 3 yet and I was waiting for the pc version of RDR2........my backlog is fucked.

Oct 25, 2017
It's the last Obsidian RPG I'll ever play unless Game Pass comes to a Nintendo console, so yeah, I'm fuckin' hyped. Alpha Protocol, KotOR II, Fallout: New FUCKING KING SIZED Vegas...yeah, I'm ready.

Deleted member 4067

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with multiple open areas. Hope the game takes off and the sequel gets a bigger budget.

And these "last Obsidian game I'll ever play" posts are funny

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
It looked great until I saw gameplay, and the player started picking up random shit all over the ground. I just can't.

Am I alone when it comes to being tired Of picking up random shit and managing it?

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I bet I'll end up spending 50+ hours to finish the game.

I always take my time exploring everything and talking with everyone. I also never skip the dialogue, especially if it's fully voiced.

Face to face dialogue interface like this is my favorite in RPG. I even installed a mod to make Skyrim has this kind of dialogue.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
When it was announced I was very excited for playing The Outer Worlds, but after a whole Epic exclusivity thing, the hype is just gone. I will buy it down the line, but I already got Disco Elysium and GreedFall to finish.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
I was pretty hyped for it, I like quite a few of Obsidian's games so their involvement alone was enough to get me going , but every video I've watched for it makes it look duller and duller.

Combat in particular looks so perfunctory that I question why they even made it a shooter at all.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I might get back into PC Game Pass for this, otherwise I'll wait till Steam.

Very hyped though, but I've made peace with the fact that I don't have to play every game the second it comes out.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was day 1 when it was first announced based on Tim an Leon's names alone, but all the gameplay footage looks just really underwhelming so my hype has kind of subsided. I will still test it out in gamepass, but I will probably wait for real playthrough when all DLCs are out and it launches on steam. I hope it is better than it looks.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Cause melee only combat would look even worse, lol.
But it didn't need to be a first-person shooter or, uh, whacker at all. The very idea that it had to be either of those things(or both, as it is) is just so deflating, especially when you see the outcome and not only does the combat look like the worst type of "Been there, done that" but it also doesn't even look like a good execution of it.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
But it didn't need to be a first-person shooter or, uh, whacker at all. The very idea that it had to be either of those things(or both, as it is) is just so deflating, especially when you see the outcome and not only does the combat look like the worst type of "Been there, done that" but it also doesn't even look like a good execution of it.

Yeah, thankfully I think combat is not forced - maybe just couple times. At least I hope so cause I just wanna be talking to folks.

Oct 26, 2017
I was pretty hyped for it, I like quite a few of Obsidian's games so their involvement alone was enough to get me going , but every video I've watched for it makes it look duller and duller.

Combat in particular looks so perfunctory that I question why they even made it a shooter at all.

Because it's a RPG and they have to give freedom to the player to play like the way: a smooth talker, a gunslinger, a cyber ninja, etc. So unlike other genres, they have to cover lots of ground in what the game entails, and yes, that means worse execution in some of the areas than a game focused only on story, or only on melee combat or in FPS combat.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
Because it's a RPG and they have to give freedom to the player to play like the way: a smooth talker, a gunslinger, a cyber ninja, etc. So unlike other genres, they have to cover lots of ground in what the game entails, and yes, that means worse execution in some of the areas than a game focused only on story, or only on melee combat or in FPS combat.
yup and its also clearly a AA game, it doesnt have a massive budget.

ninetiesgamer

May 10, 2018
Yeah i am, pre ordered it and looking forward to playing it, i got the New Vegas vibe from the 20 min video and i loved that game.

burnsy

Banned
May 31, 2018
I'm not convinced I will like it yet. But it's a step in the right direction 100%.

Bethesda will hopefully be watching how this sells and take notes.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
So I finally caved in and watched the available gameplay/character customization from different outlets. I have to say this is quite a lot better than I expected. I mean, I was already excited to play this, but now I'm in full can't-wait mode.

I really want to see how far I can get without killing any named NPC. I want to focus on a medic/charm build.

Djost1kk

Jan 14, 2018
Russia
I'm looking forward to it, Haven't decided on which platform to play yet - PC or PS4. I don't have problems with Epic Store, just not sure if my PC could handle the game at stable frame rate without looking like a potato. At least it doesn't look that demanding from visual and tech perspective?

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
I have so much on my plate right now but I'll put it all aside for this one. Fallout 1&2 and VTMB are on the short list of my all time favorite games so of course I've really been looking forward to Outer Worlds. I'll be playing it on PC Game Pass day one and maybe a Steam purchase eventually.

Oct 31, 2017
Aside for the EGS betrayal that soured me a bit on the title, I have to say that every recent showing of the game played its part in deflating the hype.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on the fence. I worry that if I invest in this game, the Xbox-exclusive sequel will be something I can't play because I don't intend on investing in that ecosystem.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give it a try through game pass, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Reviews next tuesday.

opencritic.com

The Outer Worlds Reviews

The Outer Worlds is one of the most successful new properties of the generation. Obsidian has found a new home in its satirical sci-fi action-RPG and players should expect a sequel to this...

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Someone captured a screen of the map showing all the planets you can visit. Might be considered a spoiler so...

hnxrp4hu82t31.png