• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
I'm waiting for reviews, if its something exceptional I'll get it on Black Friday cheap. The fall and beginning of next year area packed.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
I just found about its existence and I am very hyped. I wont have time to play it on launch, but it will go directly in my wishlist for the future.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to it but is glad its on gampass as don't think I would of brought full price with Death Stranding out in a couple of weeks.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017

This is fantastic. Say what you will about it looking a couple years behind the times, the core design loop from New Vegas is there, and it's just as good as it was back then.

Seeing the number of skill checks present in the game is heartwarming. They've put a lot of thought into how to branch the quests as well. It's going to be good to play a proper 3D RPG again.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
yeah i can preload on my X (37 gigs) but on PC all I get is a 10mb "stub" that doesn't let me do anything else, guess a few more days (or release) to preload on PC/w10

i'm fairly excited although i'm also sad that they are gonna launch the same day as Call of Duty Modern Warfare, that seems like a huge mistake

doesn't seem like the game is cross play/save either so I have to decide whether to play on PC or X, leaning towards PC for now

Astraea

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I haven't signed up for Game Pass yet, so the first month will be $1. So you bet I'll subscribe when I am ready to play.
I'll be waiting a bit though, since there are other games coming out around the same time I want to play, and it'll also give Obsidian time to patch it up and make some balance changes which will most certainly be needed.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna wait until the reviews drop. I like sci-fi games like this, but every time I watch gameplay videos all I see is Fallout, and I've had enough of that outdated Bethesda engine for the time being. I'll probably wait until the pre-Christmas sales. It's sure to drop in price by then.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I'm gonna wait until the reviews drop. I like sci-fi games like this, but every time I watch gameplay videos all I see is Fallout, and I've had enough of that outdated Bethesda engine for the time being. I'll probably wait until the pre-Christmas sales. It's sure to drop in price by then.

The Outer World runs on UE4...

Also reviews drop next Tuesday.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
The gameplay is exactly Fallout/TES, though. Don't even attempt to tell me otherwise. The specific engine it's running on doesn't mean it wasn't all copy/pasted right over.
The gameplay seems to be an evolved Fallout New Vegas, which I personally am excited for.

This seems a little close to Lazy dev rhetoric.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I'm pretty excited for it, but I think I might wait on it for a bit. I'm currently getting my BG/BG2 PS:T/IWD fix on for a good while.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea if you are trolling or if you are just tossing out technical terms with no real idea of what they mean.
I'm not trolling at all. The gameplay is absolutely Fallout/TES. And that's fine. But I've put so much time into those games I'm really not in the mood for that type of gameplay anymore.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
The gameplay is exactly Fallout/TES, though. Don't even attempt to tell me otherwise. The specific engine it's running on doesn't mean it wasn't all copy/pasted right over.

Its nothing like TES, specially not skyrim: i dont know if you watched any of the videos, but this is actually a rpg, with actually meaningful choices.

As if its "more New Vegas" well yes it is and they said as much. Thats the selling point actually.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Its nothing like TES, specially not skyrim: i dont know if you watched any of the videos, but this is actually a rpg, with actually meaningful choices.
I watched the 40 minute video and the more recent 20 minute video IGN posted the other day. I saw a reskinned Fallout. I don't know why you're trying to tell me I didn't see what I saw.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not trolling at all. The gameplay is absolutely Fallout/TES. And that's fine. But I've put so much time into those games I'm really not in the mood for that type of gameplay anymore.

The gameplay part of your post is fine. I disagree, but it's fine. It is all the talk about the engine and saying they just copied and pasted that is nonsense.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
Any info on system requirements?
https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/110563-system-requirements-for-the-outer-worlds/

PTv6dAF.jpg

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I just hope it runs well on OG Xbox One. Will be playing it day one thanks to Gamepass.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking of playing through the Space Quest games for the first time in forever and then create a Roger Wilco in this and pretend this is the real Space Quest 6.

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
I rarely preorder games, but I enjoyed everything, and I mean EVERYTHING I have played from them. I know I'll enjoy this, too.

I watched the 40 minute video and the more recent 20 minute video IGN posted the other day. I saw a reskinned Fallout. I don't know why you're trying to tell me I didn't see what I saw.

According to Obsidian's communications director Mikey Dowling, players shouldn't expect The Outer Worlds to contain an open world as massive as Fallout New Vegas. Instead, they ought to anticipate the studio's approach to the game's size, scale, and scope to be similar to that of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 "with potentially more ground to cover and explore in each area". As explained by Dowling, there will be two planets in TOW, and they're not technically open worlds, but rather large environments with several areas to explore, and others cordoned off.

Feb 21, 2019
Ive been looking forward to this since they announced it. I haven't even watched more than a minute of preview. Obsidian games at their worst are flawed gems (and this looks to be better than that). So yeah, Im ready for this.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else find it very weird seeing an Obsidian game featured in a Taco Bell commercial? Saw this on reddit:

Being owned by Microsoft is paying off.

But yes if you would have told me that an Obsidian game was going to be in a Taco Bell commercial like it was the next Halo or Fallout I would have called you crazy.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
So i imagine this game have gamepad support on PC gamepass.
I hope so because i'm 100% in for some TES/New Vegas RPG

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
ROUND TWO (aka THE FINAL ROUND) of voting for the OT TITLE for The Outer Worlds
As requested here's a second round of title voting - much more streamlined (10 only) titles to vote on - the top 5 from the last vote + 5 new suggested titles.
Get voting - whatever is highest on Wednesday will become OT Title! Strawpoll: https://www.strawpoll.me/18807058

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't signed up for Game Pass yet, so the first month will be $1. So you bet I'll subscribe when I am ready to play.
I'll be waiting a bit though, since there are other games coming out around the same time I want to play, and it'll also give Obsidian time to patch it up and make some balance changes which will most certainly be needed.

Just FYI, you can easily get a year or Xbox Live or something for probably roughly $40 in the next month or so, and then do the $1 game pass and it'll convert your Xbox Live to Game Pass Ultimate as well.

So basically you'll have 13 months of Game Pass Ultimate.

I have like 2 years and 8 months left of game pass lol. Not bad for $90.