• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Proven

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yup. Somewhere in the multiverse there's a timeline where Obsidian got to actually finish one of their games without being fucked over by Bethesda or BioWare. I want to see that timeline.

I'm happy for them that they got acquired. Not because I want to see them platform exclusive or anything like that, but they will actually have financial support and strong publishing on their next game

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty cool on it right now, but if it reviews well I'm definitely gonna pick it up eventually.

Too much of a sci-fi fan not too.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy for them that they got acquired. Not because I want to see them platform exclusive or anything like that, but they will actually have financial support and strong publishing on their next game

I'm happy for them as far as having financial stability, but I'm bummed that I'll never get to play their stuff again.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i don't have the atention span for big elborate rpg anymore

also i primarely play on pc and the game is epic exclusive fro what i recall, meaning is not gonna go on sale for a while

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to playing it after they fix all of the bugs it's going to launch with.

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Game Pass baby!

ShallowDeadAmericanwigeon-size_restricted.gif

Day zero :D

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Im cautious optimistic about this game. On one hand, its a dream project for me, but on the other, I think im still expecting this to be bigger than it actually will be. I will be picking up a month of XBOX Game Pass PC to try it out first, then ill see how much I still have left to do after the month is up.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
After the whole EGS saga, i just subconsciously dropped this so iam actually surprised that its already release time for it!

Jan 21, 2019
Same. I love the concept, but when I watch gameplay clips, I can't help but see a reskinned New Vegas, technical imperfections and all. These Bethesda-style RPGs needed a new game engine years ago.

Yeah, I'm getting low budgetty vibes, which can be charming when other aspects of the game are stellar but only time will tell. I can't wait for the Microsoft money to fuel their next project.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hyped but i've been playing Fire Emblem, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity 2 and the DQ demo for the past couple months and I want to play Witcher 3 as well. I'll prbably go with something light hearted like Luigi's mansion before I dive into an rpg again.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea its not meant to be a big new AAA release. Theyve been doing some tempering expectations since the game was announced. But everything ive seen makes it look like there will still be plenty to do.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
My second most hyped game of the year. Pumped. I hope it's great and tons play it on PC and Xbox One because Microsoft has high hopes and I want to see Obsidian get an even bigger budget for OW2.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested but apprehensive. Will wait a bit before jumping in. Can see it being buggy.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yea its not meant to be a big new AAA release. Theyve been doing some tempering expectations since the game was announced. But everything ive seen makes it look like there will still be plenty to do.
I didn't start to question whether I'd buy it or not until they released that 40-minute gameplay video a few weeks back. Because some portions of that looked rough.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Obsidian basically got screwed over and over again by publishers who didn't respect them. I'm not surprised they never took off the way they should have when they had partners like Bethesda and BioWare deliberately kicking their legs out from underneath them.
Even Don Mattrick's Microsoft f-ed them over. I'm glad Phil mended their relationship and seems to have gotten Obsidian the stability they need and deserve.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't start to question whether I'd buy it or not until they released that 40-minute gameplay video a few weeks back. Because some portions of that looked rough.
Are you on PC or an Xbox by any chance? Itll be available on their Gamepass thing on release day, so im just going to do that on PC at first.

I watched a video the other night of some Youtube people that got to go out and play it. The towns still didnt have any ambient noise or music, so they were dead silent lol. They will be cutting it close, thats for sure. Ive also heard that its 15-40 hours long.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Not sure if it's my kind of game, but it's on Game Pass, so I'll give it a shot.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Are you on PC or an Xbox by any chance? Itll be available on their Gamepass thing on release day, so im just going to do that on PC at first.

I watched a video the other night of some Youtube people that got to go out and play it. The towns still didnt have any ambient noise or music, so they were dead silent lol. They will be cutting it close, thats for sure. Ive also heard that its 15-40 hours long.
Nah, PS4 for me. Otherwise it wouldn't really be a question. I've never been much of a PC gamer and there wasn't enough exclusive software I was interested in this gen to justify buying an XBoner.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super hyped, especially since it's on gamepass

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, PS4 for me. Otherwise it wouldn't really be a question. I've never been much of a PC gamer and there wasn't enough exclusive software I was interested in this gen to justify buying an XBoner.
Yea im typically the same. I thought thats what you were doing, but wasnt sure lol. I usually only play the Fallout games on PC so I can change my carry weight and stuff.

Also, please come back soon!

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
It's first person so...not really. But I hope it does well! Obsidian's a talented developer that deserves more opportunities to show their talent!

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
the fact that I'll never be able to play any future games in the series pretty much killed any potential hype dead.
I don't understand this point, which is the proble with a single entry game?

I mean, I think the market is oversaturated with sequels and doing a different thing seems the best idea.

I will wait a few months though, I've yet to plat their last CRPG (Pillars 2) and I'm going to buy the complete edition of this one or play it when I have more time.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to play it day one on Game Pass, hopefully there won't be any Fallout New Vegas-type of performance and freezing issues.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I'm PlayStation/Switch only as well. I might pick up the Switch version. It's possible they might still be able to port to Switch down the road, right? Other MS stuff seems to come out on Switch.

I'm not super hyped, though. It's a small game with no open world and honestly I prefer Bethesda RPG's take on these games. I prefer FO3 and FO4 to New Vegas, for example.

All that said, I'm open to it once the price drops.