• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I'm very hyped, this is my most anticipated gamepass title. Love love love obsidians past work. This is gonna a good game and a mainstay in Microsoft's future.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Looks like it could be pretty good. If the reviews are good I'll probably sub to Game Pass ultimate rather than buying it outright though.

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
Came into the thread already pretty hyped, and having just found out this is a 15-40 hour game I'm REALLY hyped. I haven't been able to invest in 100+ hour games for a long time so this should be perfect!

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm honestly not sure how I should feel about this because I'm someone who has never gelled with the whole 'role playing' (i.e. lots of stats, lot of decisions, lots of numbers) part of the RPG genre, and the reason I loved New Vegas so much was because it had that but in a way that felt palatable to me specifically. So an Obsidian RPG which is clearly trying to ape the feelings surrounding that game should be my thing, but as Obsidian has mostly just released the kinds of RPGs I don't like I'm a bit worried that what I liked about New Vegas won't be as prevalent.

Like, I look at gameplay and see a fully fleged party system and I'm more worried than hyped. That's weird, I know, but it's just what my tastes are.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strangely Im not really in the mood. I think FFXIV has killed interest in other RPGs for the moment. That said if the reviews are hype then I might just jump in anyway.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen much of the game outside the launch trailer, and gonna wait for reviews. If it's anything like New Vegas was though, I will be incredibly hyped as New Vegas is my favorite WRPG ever, I put so many hours into that game and it's expansions in 2011. The dialogue and choices in New Vegas were amazing, so many different factions.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
tenor.gif

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Super hyped.

Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky directing a new RPG together is incredibly exciting.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm about as hyped as I get these days, which isn't really that much because I rarely play games at launch and definitely not complex RPGs that are breeding grounds for bugs. I'll happily wait a few months and play a more polished version of the game.

Khatoz

Oct 27, 2017
Ultra hyped, even better that the game will be available through the Xbox gamepass on release day.

wvan13

Oct 25, 2017
I'm positively foaming at the mouth. Out of work at the moment and it'll be a good thing to distract me while I try and get things going again.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Super hyped.

Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky directing a new RPG together is incredibly exciting.

I won't lie those two are part of the reason I am a little hyped. What was the last game they worked on together was it Arcanum or Bloodlines? Either way, I am hoping for something special from those two.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
I might play try to play it before Death Stranding comes out, but I don't know if I'll have enough time.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I bet a lot of people who haven't seriously been following the game will be expecting something completely different. I bet it gets 7s and 8s. Its very short, like 10-20 hours. Whole point of it is to replay it over and over. It's a design decision, not something tacked on. I imagine you really have to pick and choose between 9 or so builds and choose plot wise how things will go.

Guarantee people are expecting Skyrim 100s of hours and will h8 it

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Broke so zero hype. Hype is for when you have money. I guess there's Game Pass, but I won't be able to finish the game before the free trial period runs out so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait.

Obsidian are easily one of my favourite developers, I'm not only hyped for Outer Worlds but their other projects too.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I just dont like how it looks , its not visually appealing to me even tho I had some fun with obsidian RPGs

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
One of my favorite game studios. So yeah, hyped. Even if I'd prefer them to make games in the style of PoE.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Excited!...but waiting for Steam version. By then I'm hoping it will have all extra content like Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2 were like a year after release.

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
I hope the faction system is as robust as tyranny, and the companion system is as robust PoE2
and it has the tyranny/PoE2 lore system

but I've got my hype checked back, I bought all the obsidian CRPGs day 1 and hoo boy bugs are a thing

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Day 1.

Thanks to Game Pass i save a lot of money that i would've gladly paid. But if Microsoft insist...

Paragraf

May 31, 2019
Russia
I was really excited about The Outer Worlds. Then I remembered I can play it thanks to Game Pass. I'm not sure if I want to play it anymore.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited but I'm in the middle of Sekiro and by the time I finish it'll be time for Death Stranding. Aiming for it to be my holiday game.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I want this to be good, but I'm not super optimistic. At least they have a year to fix it up.

Deleted member 1105

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am extremely excited, I can't believe it's almost here already. I'll be playing the game on GamePass at launch and probably buying the complete edition on Steam whenever that happens.