• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see what sort of heavy weapons and two handed melee options are in.

First run is going to be as a big swinging dick with a small brain.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There are like... six or more entirely different types of games in that list.

I guess you didn't read my post? I specifically said AAA Western games, of which there are maybe a couple on that list. It's a terrible list to me if that is the year's best. And I know a lot of people feel the same way as me that 2019 has been garbage for fans of primarily AAA Western games.

Naudyboy

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 6, 2019
I'm pleasantly awaiting this game. Never liked the Fallout games, they all seemed very janky and somewhat boring looking. I'm not sure why but I'm actually interested in this one. Looks somewhat more polished than their previous games and I like the setting of this more than the Fallout games. Plus being on game pass allows me to play it without the worry of buying it and not liking it.

I purchased Oblivion like that when it first launched on 360. I put 20 hours into it before I finally decided to put it down cause it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of skipping the initial release and wait for the Switch version to release first before I decide what version to buy.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
A huge admirer of Obsidian's work, but this seems like a generic sci-fi game. I am pleased it's on Game Pass day one as I doesn't seem to have any unique qualities to it but hopefully I am proved wrong. I suppose very few games get my juices flowing these day

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
It is an ugly game with horrible animations, and the humor seems right on the edge of being too much.... but it is an Obsidian game. I can't wait to explore all of the RPG mechanics (not "elements") baked into the game.

I also love exploring worlds in first person. Despite all the negatives I highlighted above, the hype meter is 9/10 for me.

Since 2010, it's felt like an event every time Obsidian releases a game, because you never knew if they'd survive to make another. Thankfully, that problem is gone.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just glad it isn't another FO4. Or at least I hope not even though Obs is behind this.

Mar 6, 2018
I really never saw uglier game, i respect the dev because of New Vegas, but the way this looks just kills my interest totally.
Characters look ugly, colors are over the place and ugly, top of the bottom art style ....

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
This Tuesday right? I need that preload done!

edit: installing via remoteusing gamepass app. Sweet!!

edit2: sorry it's the 25th.>_<

Last edited:

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really never saw uglier game, i respect the dev because of New Vegas, but the way this looks just kills my interest totally.
Characters look ugly, colors are over the place and ugly, top of the bottom art style ....

It's an improvement from New Vegas, which I had to mod to make it look watchable with actual colors.

I hope the humor doesn't ruin the game, all footage of it has been rather unfunny.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to it. I just hope it is not a buggy mess. With Gamepass it is a no brainer to give it a shot.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any confirmation/denial that the PC version supports Xbox achievements?

This and the System Requirements not being released is bugging me.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Wow, is it just me or had the game had a significant graphical upgrade since the last time we saw it? Looks hugely improved. And I really enjoyed that intro. Can't wait to explore these worlds, way more hyped for this now.
definitely. You can see the Doctor character got a total redesign to his face structures and proportions and the environments have all had a polishing pass. I was okay with it not being crazy good looking before but seeing how much polish they've put on it makes me very haaaaappy.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, is it just me or had the game had a significant graphical upgrade since the last time we saw it? Looks hugely improved. And I really enjoyed that intro. Can't wait to explore these worlds, way more hyped for this now.

I was going to say it is all you but no, it looks like the made some improvements. Like Bit_Reactor said it looks like the doc got a total redesign as well.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I was going to say it is all you but no, it looks like the made some improvements. Like Bit_Reactor said it looks like the doc got a total redesign as well.
Yeah previously they had a sort of burton/We happy few psuedo realistic style going, and now they've aligned it more closely to a "normal" direction for a realistically inspired game. The faces are all improved imo. Happy to see the game not only written well but polished to look better too.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy for them as far as having financial stability, but I'm bummed that I'll never get to play their stuff again.

That's kind of short sighted don't you think? I couldn't imagine having such definitive opinions on currently non-existent future hardware for the rest of my life. Especially in Xbox's case where you may only need a TV connected to the internet to access GamePass, no dedicated hardware required.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
I'm certainly interested. Would probably have put it on hold normally as it's a busy and expensive season, but thanks to Gamepass I'm planning on giving it a go either at release or shortly thereafter.

Jun 17, 2018
Booked the day off work and really looking forward to the 25th. Early wake up, cup of coffee, play this for a few hours, Terminator Dark Fate with the wife, treat the Mrs to some retail therapy, back home for more Outer Worlds! Hope the games great!

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
It's currently my most hyped game this holiday season. Getting it free via Gamepass makes it even better.