• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DG5000

Nov 14, 2017
This is a huge nope for me: space exploration, Shooter heavy, corny jokes. Discarded.

iliketopaint_93

Use of alt account
Sep 3, 2018
Is this going to have immersive sim mechanics like Fallout 3-4, or will it be more linear like a Bioware RPG?

Paxton25

May 9, 2018
God MS did good buying these. Have a sneaky feeling this will be on gamepass day one as well....

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Starfield wish it looks anything like this.
tow-playership-cockpit-001.jpg

MajorTom

Nov 5, 2017
England
Wow, this looks absolutely fantastic.
Love the slight digs at Bethesda in the trailer(Whether they were intentional or not)

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Because PS4 is the biggest gaming platform right now and they want to make money on it?
I think they are referring to Microsoft's acquisition of Obsidian, not realizing that this game was most likely in development for multiple platforms long before the deal...

This looks amazing, and I will buy anything by Obsidian... But I am so annoyed that yet another RPG I am hyped for is first-fucking-person.
If anything, this game most likely has a way to go into the third person view as well...

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Well, it probably won't sell super well but probably better than PoE2.

Still, Obsidian won't "die", because they are now owned by Microsoft. I guess OW doesn't have to be a huge success. Microsoft also doesn't care about this game tbh cause it's not "theirs".

ibu

Oct 28, 2017
Now THIS is the kind of Fallout game I'd play in a heartbeat.

It looks fantastic! No idea what engine that is (I've only watched the trailer and read nothing else about the game), but it sure does look pretty grand.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn it's good to see Obisidian finally have a decent budget for a game.

This is going to be an incredible game and franchise.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
There is nothing objectively wrong with first person. I just don't like it. It's not my preference.

Here's hoping. Even if it's a janky-ass option like Bethesda offers.
Hey now, that option has gotten me through plenty of cold nights, jumping diagonally up mountains in Skyrim!!!...

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally saw the trailer.

Day fucking one! Xbox could have played a blinder in securing this studios games for next gen.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I'm so in. I'm not the greatest fan of the tone but I've been waiting to a true successor to New Vegas for so long.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
So I get my Fallout/Borderlands fix with a Firefly flavor at the same time, awesome. Wish it was a 100M dollar project that looked like the best of Guerrilla and CDPR but that's the limit of Private Division publishing I guess.
Microsoft is going to be multiplatform :/
Man I wonder how many of y'all even knew who Obsidian was before they were acquired lol.

Rose Red

Oct 26, 2017
So, in one fell swoop I have a reason not to care about both Fallout and Mass Effect series slowly degenerating into rubbish.

Namko

Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing! Day 1 for sure!
Hope they kind of put some VAT mechanism in the game.

M4xim1l1ano

Oct 29, 2017
Santiago, Stockholm, Vienna
It is clever to let this be a multiplatform game as far as I see. If it turns out great, people might want a sequel or play other Obsidian games and going forward that will only happen on a Microsoft platform (xcloud, WinOS or Xbox).

Good call MS

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Cool, at first glance it looks very reminiscent of the first Rage and Borderlands, but presumably with more in depth RPG mechanics.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I wonder how the sudden increase in funding with the MS acquisition could improve the game at this late stage. Hopefully it means for a more polished release

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
This looks great.

They made a much better Fallout game than Bethesda did so I am all in on this.

{Marvelous}

Jan 2, 2018

Love the talking head montage. Takes me back.

1. [Speech 100] Hello.

2. Ring-a-ding-ding, baby. [attack]

Last edited:

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
After the Fallout 76 fiasco and my gradually decreasing interest in Starfield, I can say this game killed off that interest.

It's all about The Outer Worlds now. Hopefully this signifies a rising big new player to the industry, akin to CDPR(but under MS). For far too long has Bethesda been comfortable.