• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Everything looked great about this BUT then saw that it was yet another new rpg that is forced first person. Why? Why are newer rpgs doing this? Cyberpunk and now this, there are plenty of us that prefer to play in third person, even in TES/Fallout games. Just make it an optional choice and let the players have that choice instead of forcing it upon them.

Having force first person really sucks the fun out of rpgs when it comes to customization aspect, getting new armor/weapons, making your characters visual appearance, etc feel completely useless since you won't ever see those for the vast majority of playing.
Less development time since you don't have to ensure everything works from 3rd person and the impact to the scenes is the same. That said, I do wish there was an option for that. Even in Fallout/Skyrim I sometimes use 3rd person perspective. That said, it won't stop me from enjoying the game.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft will have the sequel exclusive though, this IP will be huge for them next gen.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
With Bethesda drifting further and further away from making RPGs I am all in on this. Can't wait to play what Cain and Boyarsky have cooked up.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1822.jpg

I mean, come on dude lol.

Deus ex is dead though. Why u making me relive painful memories? :(

Dax

Oct 25, 2017
Very familiar aesthetic, hopefully it has some of those New Vegas dialogue options.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
Obsidian does what Bethesdon't.

Should have just let them make more Fallout, your loss Bethesda.

This is the only announcement I needed, fuck yes!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Everything looked great about this BUT then saw that it was yet another new rpg that is forced first person. Why? Why are newer rpgs doing this? Cyberpunk and now this, there are plenty of us that prefer to play in third person, even in TES/Fallout games. Just make it an optional choice and let the players have that choice instead of forcing it upon them.

Having force first person really sucks the fun out of rpgs when it comes to customization aspect, getting new armor/weapons, making your characters visual appearance, etc feel completely useless since you won't ever see those for the vast majority of playing.

I'm with you. It's a shame.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
These days, the Fallout franchise is at such a low point. Seeing Obsidian moving on, above and beyond, with something like this puts a huge smile on my face.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
A little surprised its on PS4 as well, but I assume it was far enough along that it just made since to release it anyways and not throw away all the work done on the ps4 version.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Don't know about that... I expected to see something more in line with Cyberpunk ambition wise, the way Obsidian been hyping it up. This is just borderlands and Rage, with new vegas speech checks.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
ThereAreFourNaan - Retro-futurism it is.

I'm pretty disappointed. I have enough of that with Fallout and Borderlansds.

Will still give the game a chance though. This better do something to carve out its own place.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
This is probaby the one and only game I saw so far that I would pre order right this second. Looks amazing. Probably their last multiplat game too

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Looks really cool, seems to have plenty of humour without being ridiculously over the top, which I thought couldn't be done anymore.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I thought The Outer Worlds was announced months ago and had screenshots of characters sitting by a campfire, including one playing a guitar? There was someone in a scuba helmet?

Either way, I'm in.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of wonder if this will shift to an exclusive or if MS will just say eff it and let it release on PS4?

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hell yeah! Stab that dagger right into Bethesda's heart and twist it.
I kind of wonder if this will shift to an exclusive or if MS will just say eff it and let it release on PS4?
There are probably contracts that would prevent this from happening. But the sequels are a different matter altogether.