• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
That art style is nice and I like how it looks like Fallout: New Vegas 2. It will be funny and kinda depressing if this sells enough that Obsidian never had to sell themselves to Microsoft.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not feeling it. Not sure if it is trying to be serious or goofy. Need to see gameplay. Meh so far

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't you fucking say that in my house

We have to accept it! It's the only way we'll start the healing process

giphy.webp

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Well this looks like it might be the game i have been waiting for from Obsidian since F:NV. I want more info before I start to get ahead of myself.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Either this is going to be a "First Taste Is Free" sitch for PS4 players to get them hooked before it goes exclusive in future iterations, or someone else is making the later games which we swear are better according to the publisher.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if they're planning for a big modding scene.

That'll influence whether I get it on PC or PS4.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
While you're at it Obsidian, can you make Not-Elder-Scrolls too?

I have no hope what so ever for TESVI.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Only concern I have, is the IP going to be owned by Obsidian or will it be owned by Take Two? If the latter, I don't see Obsidian making any sequels.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Blessed be Obsidian! The real Fallout 4!!!!!

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Only concern I have, is the IP going to be owned by Obsidian or will it be owned by Take Two? If the latter, I don't see Obsidian making any sequels.

The IP is owned by Microsoft now. Take Two own the publishing rights to this game, and may own the publishing rights to a sequel - but it remains to be seen. It probably wouldn't take much effort by Microsoft to secure it. I don't see the point in owning the publishing rights to a developer that's going to obviously be console exclusive moving forward.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Less development time since you don't have to ensure everything works from 3rd person and the impact to the scenes is the same. That said, I do wish there was an option for that. Even in Fallout/Skyrim I sometimes use 3rd person perspective. That said, it won't stop me from enjoying the game.

They could at least give us a simple third person camera view outside of combat/dialogue. That should take very little time/development to do since walk/run animations are already done in third person (since npc's have to use them).

So like if you're in third person view and then initiate combat or a dialogue the game would simply put you into first person for that duration and then when it's over pull back out to third person. That seems like a reasonable compromise to me that wouldn't be terribly hard to make available for the players.

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
So it's colorful with a dash of Firefly, the musical choices in the trailer are not Nat King Cole, and I won't see my seasonal depression flare up playing it like it did with Fallout 4! I mean, that's an easy sell.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if Microsoft is behind this, but this is exactly what I expected Obsidian to do with that Microsoft money.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Not a fan of sci-fi at all and it still looks fantastic. That about says it all for me. Not a day 1 yet, but I am definitely looking forward to this.

Very pleasantly surprised it will be on the PS4 as well.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Looks fantastic. They were tired of hoping for Bethesda to fix Fallout so they just made a new one.

I'm VERY excited for this.