• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Glad I didn't watch TGA. 3 hours show just for this 2 minutes would be painful.

Deleted member 35777

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
The only sad thing here, is Chris Avellone not being a part of it, he writes some of the most memorable characters in RPG's, hope he can mend fences with Obsidian one day.

He is an amazing writer but he definitely has strong opinions (which I sadly can't judge because I've never worked with anyone from obsidian management).

I can't say he is probably wrong, most companies are far to management heavy lately.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Probably my favorite or 2nd favorite trailer that was revealed at TGA for me. This and that Hades were it.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Obsidian now has an opportunity to show the world that they belong up there as one of the three top RPG development houses.

??? They've always been there. They just didn't have the budget management or expertise for the technical side. Bethesda has made all of two (three, if I'm being nice) really good RPGs, and CDProjekt has made two and a half pretty good RPGs. Obsidian has made more actual RPGs than either of them, both narratively and consequence related.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Holy fuck, this seems 110% up my alley. Like, potential-GOAT-RPG-maybe-even-better-than-New-Vegas level of up my alley.

I'm incredibly excited to say the least.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Man, it's hard to get into discussions about this game without the topic shifting to shit on Bethesda. I understand, Fallout 76 was/is a disaster, but Starfield looks totally different in tone to this game to really compare the two, you're allowed to like both things, Jesus.

Anyway, I hope we can soon discover just how big is this game. Space travel seems to be teased, going from one planet to another in the Halcyon colony, that's pretty cool. It hasn't been confirmed as an open world, but that's kind of a given, right?

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I was onboard before I even knew what it was. Obsidian, making a game with the old Fallout team, in the style of some of their best games?

Fuck it, I'ma play New Vegas right fucking now, just to cool off a little bit. The hype is really getting to me.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested but I hate when games just have a year as an estimated release date. There's a big difference between January 2019 and December 2019.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I was all over it seeikg the description and first screenshots, and then... FPS.

I just got cyberpunked again, it's starting to hurt.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
As a huge New Vegas fan (500 hours logged in on Steam); this looks absolutely amazing. New #1 anticipated game for sure and I'll be there day 1.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Why is this coming as a shock to anyone with the way most console based RPGs have been since 2006?

I guess you're right, but both Fallout and Skyrim have optional 3rd person. Hopefully this game will as well. I'll still play the game regardless mind you, it's just that I'm really not a fan of this perspective in general, it greatly reduces my enjoyment.

Sarek

Oct 27, 2017
New Vegas 2 is exactly what I wanted from Obsidian. PoE 3 announcement next please.

Oct 30, 2017
Can't believe this is happening... I need this game ASAP, looks absolutely fantastic and excactly my cup of tea AND coffee :D

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Why is this coming as a shock to anyone with the way most console based RPGs have been since 2006?

What are you talking about? The VAST majority of rpgs have been either third person or had the option to toggle to whichever one you prefer.

Dragon Age
Mass Effect
Skyrim
Fallout
Horizon: ZD
The Witcher
Zelda: BOTW
Dark Souls/Bloodborne
Gothic
Risen
Two Worlds
etc.

The main exceptions to this have been Deus Ex and Borderlands.

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017
3rd person option for the love of the space gods. I know; resources, animations, optimization. But please, please, patch it in post release and charge me for it.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh my god, this looks AMAZING! Beyond excited! The only downside is that it'll be in the second half of 2019 if it doesn't get delayed to 2020.

This game automatically makes 2019 better than 2018 for RPGs. 2018 was the worst year of this generation for RPGs as far as I'm concerned.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
who plays Skyrim/Fallout in 3rd person? those are unplayable in third person.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Apparently it's been in development since the start of 2017 at the very least, so there should be 2 years of development behind it now. If we're lucky, maybe first half of 2019 is actually possible!

I hope that you are right!

Seems like a good fit for April through July. March is already packed to the gills and Sep through December is going to be a bloodbath like pretty much every year.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Optimistic about this

A game from Tim and Leonard that is actually finished I hope