• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Saw the trailer now for the second time because my girlfriend is watching the Game Awards now and I didn't even realized the first time how freaking much this looks like a normal Fallout game but with actual 2019 technique and a different engine. So everything people were hoping and begging for years and years and years.

Crazy, how did I missed this? It looks amazing. :D

Now I'm exited.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
hBbSxMI.jpg

LordFish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit after watching that game informer video this really is Fallout new Vegas in space lmfao

Looks very cool

The Outer Worlds |OT| Far Out in Space

The Outer Worlds |OT| Come Fly With Me

The Outer Worlds |OT| Et tu, Obsidian?

The Outer Worlds |OT| Render onto Xbox

The Outer Worlds |OT| Fuck you Bethesda

The Outer Worlds |OT| Fallout: New Spaces

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Looks great. Nice to see Obsidian create something once again that captures my interest. My trailer of the show, and most likely day 1 purchase.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No romance options? Cool, I always hate how forced they feel in most RPG's and how diverse they have to be to satisfy everyone's preferences. Sure, you can always ignore them, but in Bioware games for example that's missing a lot of quests and other important content.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what the developers of Outer Wilds think about this name. Totally thought it was a new Outer Wilds trailer when it started.

Venom.

Oct 26, 2017
London
I was wondering if this being a Microsoft owned studio it would be included free with Xbox Game pass? I skim read a Polygon article that suggested the franchise might not be MS owned.

The Game Informer video shows some juicy footage but the text size is tiny, have developers learnt nothing from Mass Effect and God of War - Obsidian please MAKE THE TEXT SIZE BIGGER.

Deleted member 6137

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is published by Private Division (Take Two), not Microsoft. That is why it is coming out on PC/PS4/XB1.

Last edited:

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I was wondering if this being a Microsoft owned studio it would be included free with Xbox Game pass? I skim read a Polygon article that suggested the franchise might not be MS owned.

Microsoft owns the IP and game itself, but Take-Two has publishing rights and will do for years. Additionally, there's a good chance a sequel will be tethered to a right of first refusal clause (but if the game proves a hit, I imagine MS will just try to buy that out).

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Who mentioned Bethesda? So as long as Obsidian does better than Bethesda, they're scot-free? I also don't follow this logic of the game focusing on story rather than visuals/animation fidelity. The writing department isn't animating the game, both things aren't mutually exclusive. I don't expect HZD or RDR2, obviously, but this even below Fallout 4s standards.
PoliticalAdventurousGemsbok-small.gif

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Who mentioned Bethesda? So as long as Obsidian does better than Bethesda, they're scot-free? I also don't follow this logic of the game focusing on story rather than visuals/animation fidelity. The writing department isn't animating the game, both things aren't mutually exclusive. I don't expect HZD or RDR2, obviously, but this even below Fallout 4s standards.

The art style alone makes it stand head and shoulders over the bland post apocalypse stylings of the last few Fall Out games.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
i havent seen it mentioned in this thread or the other but it has been confirmed that holstering your weapons is in.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
There's only one fitting OP title.

It's time.

Bring it back.

The Outer Worlds |OT| Obsidoes what Bethesdon't

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at youtube, I think this might be the most viewed trailer from the Game Awards. It's even slightly ahead of Mortal Kombat 11 at the moment. Nice to see there's a ton of interest in this.

{Marvelous}

Jan 2, 2018
This can't come soon enough. I need to have a system crash, reboot my data core with an older version of the OS and spend the time until this releases in a veritable coma.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Christ on a stick this thing keeps not getting old

Poor Todd :D

After seeing Downfall, I'm always kind of disappointed by that meme, because I imagine most people who use it have never seen the movie it's actually from and that the movie is probably more remembered for the melee than the film itself

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After seeing Downfall, I'm always kind of disappointed by that meme, because I imagine most people who use it have never seen the movie it's actually from and that the movie is probably more remembered for the melee than the film itself
I've seen it twice. And I would wager the meme made more people watch it than anything else.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Do you think that Obsidian's next project will be an Xbox Next/PC exclusive The Outer Worlds 2? Assuming Microsoft buys the publishing rights from TakeTwo.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Do you think that Obsidian's next project will be an Xbox Next/PC exclusive The Outer Worlds 2? Assuming Microsoft buys the publishing rights from TakeTwo.
My guess is that they're starting work on something new right now - I think I remember reading in an interview that The Outer Worlds' lead programmer's been moved onto a new project - so that'll be next, with a potential Outer Worlds sequel - assuming they get the publishing rights sorted and the first game does well - coming after that.

No idea what the new project might be--personally, I'm hoping either another new IP, or a AAA Shadowrun game. (Or, alternately, Josh Sawyer's dream game about a bike shop.)

Maur

Mar 26, 2018
Now that Pillars of Eternity 2 has been confirmed for the Nintendo Switch, do you guys think there's any chance Obsidian will port The Outer Worlds for it too?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Holy shit...awhile back,after watching a conference or Inside Xbox or whatever on Mixer,they sent codes for a game that will be on early access or a beta or something and yesterday I thought,its this game,wow...so I boot the 1X and look into my games and there it is...The Outer Wilds...oh wait,damn....carry on ;)

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
No romance options? Cool, I always hate how forced they feel in most RPG's and how diverse they have to be to satisfy everyone's preferences. Sure, you can always ignore them, but in Bioware games for example that's missing a lot of quests and other important content.

? No you're not missing a lot of content for not romancing. You're missing a lot of content for not having a friendly relationship with certain characters yes but that's not a romance restriction. The only BW games you miss quests from romance in are there earlier ones (and the quest is often romance related so there's no point in doing it if you're not doing the romance) and even then the vast majority of the quests are available regardless. They made some missteps in locking character development behind romances in earlier games (and Mass Effect looking at you Jack in ME2) as well but the vast majority of the time completing the character's questline just requires you being on friendly terms with them.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
How on earth did I miss this from the reveals?! A proper actual Obsidian first person RPG. My god.