• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/the-outer-worlds-and-control-will-launch-on-the-epic-store-not-steam/

During its GDC 2019 Unreal keynote this morning, Epic announced that it has partnered with 2K's Private Division label to distribute The Outer Worlds and Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey on the Epic Games Store. PC Gamer has learned that The Outer Worlds will also release on the Microsoft Store, but will not appear on other stores on PC for at least a year—that includes Steam.

https://www.gameinformer.com/gdc-20...new-slate-of-games-coming-to-epic-games-store

Other game include:
  • Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey
  • Afterparty
  • Industries of Titan
  • Journey to the Savage Planet
  • Kine
  • Phoenix Planet
  • The Sinking City
  • Soul Ash

Last edited:

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Detroit: Become Human is coming also. Damn! Epic is in for competition

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
They said they have extended their agreement with ubisoft for more titles.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was under the impression that Obsidian wasn't doing too well financially right? I can understand their decision.

Nov 5, 2017
Welp, looks like I gotta download EGS now...Control and The Outer Worlds has convinced me to download this new client....darn!

SGRX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was looking forward to Outer Worlds, but it looks like I'll be skipping it now.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They're not trumpeting exclusivity though, just presence. What am I to infer from that? That they aren't exclusives? Or that they just know that they're turning exclusive into a dirty word.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Guess that will be where I check out Control sometime then (or if it comes to steam later, I might wait out either way).

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Welp.

While it's not a big deal for me, as I'm going to be picking this up on PS4, it's a crappy deal for everyone else on PC who wanted this on Steam.

Nov 5, 2017
Does EGS have support for cloud saves yet? I am kinda apprehensive jumping ship because I rely on cloud saves heavily as a PC enthusiast always reinstalling Windows for one reason or another....

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Competition is always good right?

giphy.gif

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
The Outer Worlds is also on the Win10 Store.

Our partners at @EpicGames announced that @AncestorsGame and @OuterWorlds are coming to the Epic Games Store. For a year after launch, Ancestors will be available exclusively from EGS and The Outer Worlds will be available from EGS and the Microsoft Windows 10 Store.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
But Outer Worlds is a Microsoft game now?! I don't get it.

I also haven't heard of any of the other games.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Outer Worlds and The Sinking City?

Welp. That's a fucking bummer.

Well fuck now I will have to decide if my dislike of this buying exclusivity bullshit on the PC outweighs my need to play these games at launch. Right now I think it does. Fuck this shit.

We shall see how I feel when these games start releasing.

Last edited: