• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GenericJoe

Oct 27, 2017
Sad to see how much more active this thread is than any of the threads that are actually about the game itself. Console Warz serious bizness.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
right now it would be probably because the game still isnt out

Yet we still know it's coming for Xbox. Maybe I misunderstood your tone, but don't be a knucklehead with me, please. It was clear what I was asking. I thought some additional news had come out after reading a couple posts on the last page here and wanted to clarify. I'm buying on switch, so graphics aren't my big hang up, just curious.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
This! The game is being published by 2k what does Microsoft have to do with this besides recently purchasing them? The game is being overseen by 2ks private division.
That's really neither here nor there. PD isn't choosing to have Obsidian develop enhancements for the X but not for the Pro, that wouldn't make any sense from their perspective. There are more Pros out there than Xs.

In all likelihood, this is a decision Obsidian made on their own, again not to hurt the Pro version, but to put additional work into the X version.

Again, if this is true. I would not be surprised at all if the Pro version is just waiting on a patch.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The X is more powerful and would therefore require less thought/work. Say, for instance, one lets you just switch the resolution to 4k while the other demands implementing CBR or dynamic scaling. No need for conspiracy theories to justify this one

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Six pages in an hour with a lot of people pointing the finger at MS. if it is on them then that's really bad and they deserve a lot of shit.

If it's not, some people need to really go and reflect. This thread is already going places.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think it's fairly obvious that usually developers put the most effort into optimising the version of a game that's going to sell the most (i.e. the PS4 version). I get the feeling they actually put effort into getting the PS4 Pro version of games running at higher resolutions and better framerates, while with the Xbox One X version they largely just brute force it, which is why framerates are more variable and screen tearing more prevalent in Xbox One X games.

Games like Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Crash Team Racing run at the exact same res on Xbox One X as they do on the PS4 Pro. Did Activision do a deal with Sony to make this happen, or did the devs just put less effort into the Xbox version because it's the one that'll sell the least?

Anyway, I guess the point I'm making is that different devs have different priorities - with Obsidian now being owned by MS, perhaps they were asked to put a bit more effort into the Xbox One X version?

This just isn't the case. As has been pointed out many enhanced X titles go beyond the range of what you'd expect compared to the Pro power differential.
I suspect most devs put most effort into the more powerful console unless there are specific marketing deals in place that stop them showing off said version.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
The X is more powerful and would therefore require less thought/work. Say, for instance, one lets you just switch the resolution to 4k while the other demands implementing CBR or dynamic scaling. No need for conspiracy theories to justify this one
Eh, they could just target something lower than 4K and call it a day, the difference in work would be pretty minimal.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
I think it was a good chance nether platform was going to get a enhanced version given what seems like a smallish budget, and ms stepped in and funded it for their own platform.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Not buying without a patch, and considering how often the Pro never ends up getting enhancement patches, I won't hold my breath.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
have you missed my response to him in the same post
insomniac owns sunset overdrive (and so do sony) but they dont own the first game. they cant take it out of pc and xbox anymore. they can rerelease it as much as they wont but that specific one the ship has sailed

Yeah cuz Microsoft is broke AF and can't afford the publishing rights to a single game.

Oct 25, 2017
Six pages in an hour with a lot of people pointing the finger at MS. if it is on them then that's really bad and they deserve a lot of shit.

If it's not, some people need to really go and reflect. This thread is already going places.

Would it be bad of ms if they had to absorb the cost of adding pro support?

I have no idea how their deal works, but we shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think thats pretty scummy. I was gonna buy it on xbox one x anyway but making enhancements exclusive seems really low

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Sounds like Sony just didn't pay for the pro patch? We've seen similar cases on something like Sunset Overdrive, where the devs have gone and said it's up to MS to get an x enhancement.

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
I didn't realise this was a thing people cared that much about until I saw those page 1 overreactions.

Bizarre.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so they should have [assuming they paid for the X enhancements] also paid for a studio they own to work on enhancements for the ps4 version of the game?
Poor argument. Because this game was funded by TakeTwo and started being made when MS wasn't even in the picture. So it seems very anti consumer and underhanded if they did go out of their way to do this.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
When I pay the same amount for COD as someone does for their PS4 I expect to get an equal amount of content.

I don't think that's unreasonable. But hey here we are.
It's also not even confirmed that MS had anything to do with this. Like usual, it's gamers jumping the gun on every little thing.
For all we know, MS simply paid extra to get it X enhanced and Sony didn't.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
The people in here thinking that MS is intentionally blocking or preventing an enhanced PS4 Pro version have me dead. Console wars will never truly die.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I thought every game released after the Pro came out was required to have some kind of enhancement, or was that just a rumor?

Slowsonic

Feb 25, 2018
Poor argument. Because this game was funded by TakeTwo and started being made when MS wasn't even in the picture. So it seems very anti consumer and underhanded if they did go out of their way to do this.
it's only anti-customer if a pro patch was planned then canceled, are there any indication this is the case?

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty stupid. Considering how shitty Obsidian games sell why would they want to not cater to a set of buyers who'd potentially buy their games.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Smh at the posts excusing this.
Sigh... "smh" at posts jumping to massive friggen conclusions from basically no information.

You have anything even remotely credible that points towards MS for this? Chances are the patch will be coming later/Sony didn't pay for it. Hell, the game isn't even published by MS.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe the first assumption people have in this thread why the PS4 Pro version doesn't have any enhancements as opposed to the Xbox One X version, is that MS is behind it. SMH

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty stupid. Considering how shitty Obsidian games sell why would they want to not cater to a set of buyers who'd potentially buy their games.
I mean, yes, but is that set of buyers that large in the first place? The type that would bristle at this and not buy out of frustration? The Pros out there are vastly outnumbered by standard PS4s.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's also not even confirmed that MS had anything to do with this. Like usual, it's gamers jumping the gun on every little thing.
For all we know, MS simply paid extra to get it X enhanced and Sony didn't.
I would say thats a plausible scenario.. but that has NEVER been the case before.
and again, this is a Take Two funded game, their not exactly panhandling for money to knock patches out for measley One X and Pro consoles that are 99.9% the same architecturally.

I would really like some sites to look into this, get an answer on why the Pro isn't being catered to.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I would say thats a plausible scenario.. but that has NEVER been the case before.
and again, this is a Take Two funded game, their not exactly panhandling for money to knock patches out for measley One X and Pro consoles that are 99.9% the same architecturally.

I would really like some sites to look into this, get an answer on why the Pro isn't being catered to.
Yep. And honestly, a game not being X enhanced or poorly enhanced for the X is a common occurrence. Funny seeing the outrage when it's currently the other way around.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
i cant imagine its cuz of ms. it must be some delay that just happens to look like it fits that narrative, cuz i cant see microsoft wanting that to be the narrative.

do the playstation versions of minecraft lag behind in updates, btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.