• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Dammit man. XL and Titans don't get to fight each other often enough I wanted that to go longer. One of the few matches that makes goats genuinely exciting becayuse every ult is a master class of counters.

Definitely a game where the score doesn't reflect how awesome that game was.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
That score does not nearly represent how close that match is

How odd is that to say with NYXL on the wrong end of that...

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
That was a great match and was extremely close like everyone else was saying. I think Titan's players are just slightly better and generally a bit better at shot calling but its really close imo. Was a fantastic match and hopefully the final will be hype as hell tomorrow, hope to see Shock finally dethrone Titan's.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
^^

OWL cannibalizing viewers
AP8CbXt.png

Last edited:

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Runaway will not be representing Korea in Pacific Showdown wow, Element Mystic and O2 Blast will be representing Korea.

With that we also have all the teams for Showdown.

Up first starting May 25-26 will be the Pacific Showdown(Schedule):

Element Mystic (KR)
O2 Blast (KR)
The One Winner (CN)
LinGan E-sports & Hua (CN
Talon Esports (PAC)
Order (AUS)

On May 31- June 2nd the Atlantic Showdown(Schedule):

Fusion University (NAE)
Envy (NAW)
ATL Academy (NA)
British Hurricane (EU)
Angry Titans (EU)
Lowkey Esports (SA)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Just hope they don't come in 5th or 6th or you'll have no representation in the Gauntlet.
We already won't, first round is against british hurricane. This showdown was designed to kill smaller regions. You could easily put 2 SA slots and have them battle, we all know they're gonna be crushed by someone that'll give better ratings anyway, if they don't, the surprise alone gonna make for fun shit, if they wanted NAW fighting NAE they should have just made one slot for the winner of that duel, and not rig the competition so that's how the finals go =P

edit:

oh wait I just saw the loser's bracket, who's the madmen in charge of these things?

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
it's 1:30am monday here and i just watched the shock 2-0 the titans in map 1

i am ready for another 7-game slugfest, but my body would sure love it if the shock just 4-0 the titans!

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shock looking better so far, expecting them to take it.

Last OWL game of GOATS hopefully.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Shock are so hungry for this win, they're absolutely terrifying. Titans genuinely look shook right now. Haksal getting caught out constantly, and JJANU letting himself get focused down.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shock are just fucking stomping the titans.

2-2-2 locked roles. Not officially announced yet but insider info stated as much.

2-2-2 locked roles within the game or just enforced by OWL? If the latter that kind of feels like a shitty way to answer Blizzard's ineptitude of balancing the game.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I think Super missed the timing of that charge by a fraction of a second. I have no idea how he got squashed by Bumper and not the other way around