• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cant believe I'm going to type this but Muma lost us that map

That was one of the worst performances I've ever seen from him

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Muma was out of position multiple times, was all over the place not focusing down one target, and also was clearly not communicating well with the team

Really poor showing from him

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Houston coaching is fucking crazy

There was honestly a real chance we could have caught Titans off guard with DPS comps this game

And instead we just run 3-3 repeatedly into the best team in the league at it

Jesus Christ

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
You know? This match is really showing me how much of a weak link coolmatt is. He's barely eaten anything he allows for gravs because of his positioning. Just there he gave them the hold by throwing away his mech. Like he just doesn't seem to understand what's necessary of a dva in goats.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Houston, that was a valiant effort.

Pun intended

You know? This match is really showing me how much of a weak link coolmatt is. He's barely eaten anything he allows for gravs because of his positioning. Just there he gave them the hold by throwing away his mech. Like he just doesn't seem to understand what's necessary of a dva in goats.
He's one of my favourite players but yeah, unfortunately, the game's moved past him. The man's gonna retire soon for sure. He had a great S1 run as one of the best D.Va's in the league

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What was Houston's coaching staff thinking? After map 1, after you blindside the Titans with a DPS comp, how is THIS your plan??

No idea

We still probably would have lost even running DPS. But there was at least a chance Linkzr could pop off ot something.

Instead we run Goats against THE Goats team which has a zero percent chance of success.

Idiotic decision making

FuzzyWuzzy

Prophet of Truth
Apr 7, 2019
Austria
So I do hope this is the right place to ask this, but how has the league been doing? Like is it growing?
I have to admit I mostly hear about the league when players leave or stuff like that happens and I wanted to get an idea how the league is working out for comp. overwatch

Deleted member 33319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Probably a long shot but if anyone here has a ticket for tomorrow that they're willing to sell hmu. I'm willing to pay a premium

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Decent fight from Houston, actually surprised. Might pick up some wins here and there this stage.

Everything Titans do on 3-3 is picture perfect.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I do hope this is the right place to ask this, but how has the league been doing? Like is it growing?
I have to admit I mostly hear about the league when players leave or stuff like that happens and I wanted to get an idea how the league is working out for comp. overwatch

It's on the downward trend this season compared to last, or at least it very much seems that way.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Stage 2 has had some uncharacteristic fluctuations in viewership. Maybe growth has slowed a bit? And there's a lot of complaints about goats, the current meta. But overall, the league still gets 70k+ viewers on Twitch every game.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It still no doubt has more than enough viewership for Season 3 to be a sure thing.

But yeah it does feel like the League is stalling out in terms of viewership / enthusiasm. I dont think we will see any more expansion teams in S3

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
It still no doubt has more than enough viewership for Season 3 to be a sure thing.

But yeah it does feel like the League is stalling out in terms of viewership / enthusiasm. I dont think we will see any more expansion teams in S3
Nanzer said on a presentation at sxsw that there's probably no expansion teams next season since their focus is on establishing the 20 rosters on their home grounds and that's a hard task as it is without adding more.

Might as well keep going towards becoming Shock 1.0

Sleepy and Nevix deserve playtime, for sure

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017

It's not like Monte and Doa's checking out in terms of commentary is helping.
Nate Nanzer confirmed he didn't want any more expansion teams for next season.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017

They confirmed no expansion teams so that they could establish home/away games for 2020

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's not like Monte and Doa's checking out in terms of commentary is helping.
Nate Nanzer confirmed he didn't want any more expansion teams for next season.

Next season's gonna be wild with home teams and all. Maybe we'll get OWL at a reasonable time for folks not on the West Coast during the week because they don't have to worry about selling tickets