• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on the Flame stuff, dear lord that is certainly a hole he kept digging. Like god I just wanted someone to tell him if hes this bothered by commentary he should stop listening to it or at least get away from the internet for awhile. Blaming the casters for stating the obvious and being butthurt about it like he was just makes him look like a fool.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Bunker comp meta btw.
Gyazo.jpg

Gyazo-1.jpg

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
If Blizzard fucks up again, OWL needs to implement house rules to force 2/2/2 because fuuuuuuuck the idea of watching 3 full stages of GOATS

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Jake's right, I think Flame is a fucking idiot for the way he framed it, but Jake's absolutely right.

Other than maybe trying some cheese in Paris, they capped A of Eichenwalde pretty cleanly, but the way they got held on B a Sombra pick would have not done enough for them. Positioning was too strong from Vancouver and they have the aggressive style to punish not having a D.Va on your team.

On Rialto you can't play anything else that isn't goats, nothings viable as an attacker against Vancouver.

Inb4 "Just Chengdu it 4Head", Hunters are 1-3 on Rialto, with that W being against PARIS on a match they already had 3-0.

Also:

Just wrap it up, Houston had no chance of getting a win today.

Last edited:

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Blizzard fucks up again, OWL needs to implement house rules to force 2/2/2 because fuuuuuuuck the idea of watching 3 full stages of GOATS
It sounds like a good idea, but I think it has some serious pratfalls. It would stifle meta development over time, and would be a large hindrance to the countless ranked matches every day, since pick rates are already miserably lopsided. Relegating it strictly to OWL league would be an unnecessary schism between casual a pro level gameplay. I really wish drafts were feasible, but with the aforementioned hero balance, it would be catastrophic in terms of competitive validity and having rotating hero bans would be worse. Relegating by role sounds nice, but unlike MOBAs, the maps really don't lend to it. It's a pretty shit situation overall in my opinion.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Is there some really short summary of what Flame is saying? I don't want to wade through his rant.
Let's talk about Yakpung.

He's not the worst tank on the league because Janus and Swon exist.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk.
Yakpung started off Stage 1 as the tank who kept weirdly dying first and losing team fights that way. Then near the end of the stage, either he or the team started coming together and the early deaths mostly went away, leading to them looking way stronger.

Now they've seemingly regressed back into him dying a lot in situations where it looks like he should be able to survive if he either backed off more or if his team backed him up more.

I'm not sure what's making him die again. Maybe the roster changes?

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like a good idea, but I think it has some serious pratfalls. It would stifle meta development over time, and would be a large hindrance to the countless ranked matches every day, since pick rates are already miserably lopsided. Relegating it strictly to OWL league would be an unnecessary schism between casual a pro level gameplay. I really wish drafts were feasible, but with the aforementioned hero balance, it would be catastrophic in terms of competitive validity and having rotating hero bans would be worse. Relegating by role sounds nice, but unlike MOBAs, the maps really don't lend to it. It's a pretty shit situation overall in my opinion.

Yeah, def has longterm consequences. I'd like it as an emergency ruleset that's in place until the dev team get their shit together or implement 2/2/2 + appropriate rebalancing on their own, at which point it can be called off

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Valiant should sell Fate to Toronto, and buy Trill from Envy.

Boom, you get Fate/Envy and Trill/Custa back together.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Is there some really short summary of what Flame is saying? I don't want to wade through his rant.

Yakpung started off Stage 1 as the tank who kept weirdly dying first and losing team fights that way. Then near the end of the stage, either he or the team started coming together and the early deaths mostly went away, leading to them looking way stronger.

Now they've seemingly regressed back into him dying a lot in situations where it looks like he should be able to survive if he either backed off more or if his team backed him up more.

I'm not sure what's making him die again. Maybe the roster changes?

It just feels he's hindered by both things outside his control and his own style. The core of players around him has constantly changed and the previous sinergies he built are basically thrown out the window now with Ivy on Brig and Im37 being their new Zarya, not to mention Stellar leaving.

That said, every time I see him play it feels he doesn't know his limits and the team isn't cohesive enough to keep him alive, mechanically he's not outstanding on any of the main tanks. He's like one of the most passive mt in the entire league.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Predictions for today (since I was SO on the ball yesterday, lol)

Dallas Fuel 4 - 0 Paris Eternal

Atlanta Reign 3 - 1 Washington Justice

New York Excelsior 4 - 0 Florida Mayhem

Los Angeles Valiant 2 - 3 Los Angeles Gladiators

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard needs to kill GOATS for good. I can't watch anymore of this trash.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Pretty crazy that there's 3 Rogue members on screen and 0 Envyus members
Would not have predicted that pre season 1

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Bunker comp is such a nightmare, no idea how anyone on comp ladder is supposed to beat it

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I kind tell if the crowd is just really loud or another set of commentary is coming through the mic

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
They should have gone goats for that last minute after fuel was forced to switch off imo...

it's over. paris lul

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Dallas made several mistakes that map but were still able to hold. The most noticeable one was when Note's shield missed the ledge and went to the ground and Paris jumped right in to capitalize on it, could have really fucked them over but OGE came in to drop his shield which saved them. Great recovery from some of these mistakes.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Sigh, team tries something new, does not work, back to GOATS.... I do appreciate the variation with Sombra, but that's really all there is to be on the safe side.