• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
California the Kryptonite of Korean teams.
Wenger_Knows_Best.png

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The Titans have fallen! That was a great match. I wonder if that will affect them mentally now that their insane streak is over.

The worst thing about stage 3 rn is that XL is in the weaker division by far. How do you improve enough to hang w shock and Titans when you can't actually play against higher level teams often. That's not to say XL isn't capable, but it's definitely an obscltacle

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
London's play-off performance is the second worst car crash I've been involved in this week. So that's certainly something.

lexible

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
That was a fantastic match and I'm so happy Shock pulled it off. What a performance, and what a rivalry this has now cemented.

Last edited:

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
OMG..... I'm watching the VOD.... I just would like to know, if possible, why did sideshow and Bren do this?. Was it a bet or something like that?.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
D: are you ok now though?
I'm sorry to hear that :(
Damn hope you're doing all right
Did you lose your D.Va mech?
Damn, hope it works out for you.

Spitfire are beyond help though, no insurance coverage could help them.

Thanks for the kind words, a van going about 80mph had a blowout and lost control and went into me and pushed me across the motorway. I was incredibly lucky that my car didn't flip, there wasn't a car directly to my left or behind me, and that he didn't swing directly in front of me. I was already lucky to walk away from the incident on the collision alone, but it was a borderline miracle about the other factors preventing a far worse event. Neck/shoulder/back pain and shock aside I'm fine and I'm very grateful for that. I'm a lucky guy.

Meanwhile London shit the bed. Like c'mon, to have such a good stage then give a weak performance at the end? Fo' Shame. Well behind Shock/Titan's levels of overall consistency. I still stand by top-form London being competitive with them two, but we've always had this issue.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the kind words, a van going about 80mph had a blowout and lost control and went into me and pushed me across the motorway. I was incredibly lucky that my car didn't flip, there wasn't a car directly to my left or behind me, and that he didn't swing directly in front of me. I was already lucky to walk away from the incident on the collision alone, but it was a borderline miracle about the other factors preventing a far worse event. Neck/shoulder/back pain and shock aside I'm fine and I'm very grateful for that. I'm a lucky guy.

Meanwhile London shit the bed. Like c'mon, to have such a good stage then give a weak performance at the end? Fo' Shame. Well behind Shock/Titan's levels of overall consistency. I still stand by top-form London being competitive with them two, but we've always had this issue.
Oh my @—@ I'm glad you're fine buddy >_<, I've been having a rough week(nothing that major though) and two of my OW teams lost playoffs(contenders and owl) on top of that, so, let's hope next stage it goes better for us T_T~~

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017

I'm glad to hear you're okay, bud.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on the Shock. They were the better team today - they clearly upped their game since the last finals, and it really showed.

That was a fantastic match and I'm so happy Shock pulled it off. What a performance, and what a rivalry this has now cemented.

I think these things are especially hard on the main tanks because they bear so much responsibility for how team fights go.

Glad you're okay.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I think these things are especially hard on the main tanks because they bear so much responsibility for how team fights go.
On that note, I've been seeing a handful of people smugly gloating about how happy they were to see Bumper upset and it's kinda gross. Everyone was sad seeing Super upset, Titans fan or not.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Damn that sucks, good thing you're ok.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
On that note, I've been seeing a handful of people smugly gloating about how happy they were to see Bumper upset and it's kinda gross. Everyone was sad seeing Super upset, Titans fan or not.

Sounds about Reddit :/ I've been hoping for the Titans to get knocked down a peg since the middle of Stage 1 and even I felt for Bumper

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018

Glad you're okay, Jam. You definitely have someone watching over you.

Don't worry about Spitfire. I'm sure they'll turn it back up to 11 when they're ready. Surely halfway through Stage 3.

I think that as well, especially in GOATS meta. While I'm not big fan of either team (though Titans have the better color scheme), I felt for Super seeing his reaction after the loss and I felt the same for Bumper. So much relies on the main tank in these matches and those players know that. You have to make space for your team while protecting them and taking the damage and brunt of the opposing team's push. I'm nowhere near the skill level of a pro player but I am a main tank main and that shit gets exhausting on ladder. I can't imagine what it feels like at the level these players play. Whether I like the team or not, whether I think the player themselves is good at it or not, main tanks have my respect.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Not saying, just saying.

# of EU starters to win a stage/playoff championship: 1 (Soon)

# of NA starters to win a stage/playoff championship: 5 (Agilities, Space, Super, Sinatraa, Moth)

NA 5 times better than EU confirmed, let's not talk about Korea

But seriously, am I crazy for thinking that Shock has literally the 3 best Western players (disclaimer: for this meta)? Literally THE 3 best. Hell, you don't even have to add the Western qualifier. Sinatraa is THE best Zarya in the league. Super is THE best Rein in the league. Moth is... well I don't know about THE best but he's at least top 3. Nurturing that talent paid off big time. Congrats Shock!

Love it. The 2 best Reins in the world heading the current 2 best teams in the world. And it's really not even close. Shock has just surged way past NYXL since that 4-0 loss (though it was a really close 4-0). This has already been an incredible rivalry and it seems it will continue.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Who do you guys have as the MVP halfway through the season? I've got Sinatraa. It's gotta be someone on Shock or Titans though. None of the other teams have been good enough to have a guy stand out as MVP.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Shock winning is meh, Titans losing is amazing. No team undefeated is very nice.

Here's hoping goats are not stage 3, that would be incredibly sad.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Overwatch League trading cards. Finally hitting the big time

Edit: Here's an article

Activision Blizzard has entered a multi-year deal involving licensed collectibles for the Overwatch League with Upper Deck.
The partnership will see Upper Deck create trading cards, stickers, sticker books, prints, posters, and memorabilia for the franchised league.

The first set of trading cards based on the Overwatch League is set to be released on June 19th, with fan-favourite players and teams from the inaugural season of the competition being included. Rare cards with autographs will be up for grabs, too.

Also didn't know Bud Light was a sponsor of the league.

Last edited:

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No expected Sinaatra and Super to improve like they did. Also, I can't believe a mixed-language roster can communicate so well.

Crusty, man.

One of the reasons I love Shock winning is their mixed roster. I've always kinda been irked when the commentators (rightly or not) point out the communication problems within mixed rosters. It feels vaguely xenophobic even if they're just discussing the difficult reality of learning languages.