• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-...-trump-s-former-campaign-chair-begins-n896091
Gates says he was involved in 'criminal activity' with Manafort

Rick Gates took the stand a few minutes ago.

The prosecutor walked Gates through some biographical information and his background with Paul Manafort. Gates said that he met Manafort while he was an intern with one of Manafort's former firms. However, he didn't work with Manafort directly until he started working at Davis Manafort Partners in October 2006.

The prosecution asked, "Were you involved in any criminal activity with Mr. Manafort?"

To which Gates answered, "Yes".

"Did you commit any crimes with Mr. Manafort?" the prosecution asked.

"Yes," Gates answered.

Gates also testified that he was arrested and has entered into a plea agreement with the government. Asonye entered the plea agreement into evidence.

Gates, who usually sports a beard, looked almost unrecognizable with a clean-shaven face. He is wearing a blue suit. Neither Manafort nor his wife seemed to react when he took the stand.

The judge just called for a bench conference. Questioning should resume momentarily.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god.

Enjoy prison manafort.

Rick gates will end up testifying against pence, trump, bannon and everyone else.

Gates was heavily involved in the transition, I augauration party and trump admin for months.

This is just a test run fuckers

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
He must have still been in some millionaire criminal haze to think this would all turn out any differently

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
source.gif

Deleted member 20296

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Haha this is great. Is trump too lame to have assassins? Putin wouldn't stand for this, Trump is such a terrible criminal

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but if he was really guilty why would gates just say all those incriminating things? Huh? How about that?

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god.

Enjoy prison manafort.

Rick gates will end up testifying against pence, trump, bannon and everyone else.

Gates was heavily involved in the transition, I augauration party and trump admin for months.

This is just a test run fuckers

Pretty much. Manafort had a chance to flip but now he is fucked along with Trump and the rest of his family, Pence, Flynn, etc.

Can't wait for all these scum bags in prison.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I have to imagine some of these guys went along with the Trump plan because it was so financially beneficial to them, but they never expected he'd actually win. Trump winning was the worst possible thing that could have ever happened to them. We never would have given two shits about Manafort or Gates ever again.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I have to imagine some of these guys went along with the Trump plan because it was so financially beneficial to them, but they never expected he'd actually win. Trump winning was the worst possible thing that could have ever happened to them. We never would have given two shits about Manafort or Gates ever again.

Thats what I think as well. Also, think about all of the people Like manafort. Just a dirty fuck, stealing money and shit. I mean, it seems amazingly easy to bribe people to lie for you. I mean couldn't a average person just start a small scale dirty operation, just taking home half a million a year? Lying to the IRS etc.. How hard can it really be if this is how easy it is for manafort to get these people to turn a blind/knowing eye.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
Yup, according to Fire and Fury noone wanted or believed Trump would win, that why everyone took their chance to whatever

0x03

Oct 25, 2017
I think Manafort has made his peace with being found guilty and is instead banking on a Trump pardon.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

Manafort and Gates have probably been under investigation for a long, looooong time. If Mueller wasn't appointed I'm assuming they'd have been charged eventually but we wouldn't have given a damn.

Oct 30, 2017
Prosecution is resting their case this week, then it's up to defense. I think Manafort is playing a game of chicken and driving as close to off the cliff as possible waiting to see what happens. That or he's willing to serve some time and wait for a pardon or he's worried about the safety of himself and people around him.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Prosecution is resting their case this week, then it's up to defense. I think Manafort is playing a game of chicken and driving as close to off the cliff as possible waiting to see what happens. That or he's willing to serve some time and wait for a pardon or he's worried about the safety of himself and people around him.
Pretty sure it's mostly just waiting for a pardon. At worst, Trump will do it at the last minute before he's no longer president.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If Manafort goes to prison/is found guilty can Trump pardon him for his crimes? Sorry if it's a dumb question I haven't been following this.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
For a dummy such as myself-why is there no audio or video of the trial?