• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
aK2afEz.jpg

Modern CPUs & GPUs don't like to be overclocked

3700x safe voltage is below like 1.325 what the fuck ?
Crashes every single time

RTX 2080 super for 800$ fuck
OCed memory +1250mhz to 9000mhz & core clock +100

It's artifacting within a week

Fucking returned everything
1700$ fully refunded and will wait for 30xx series GPUs & 4xxx ryzen CPUs or 40xx & 5xxx

FML stuck with a FX 8230e & 1050ti

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Just returned 1700$ worth of a complete build back to microcenter
Full refund

Thank you 30day and 15 day for the gpu return policy

Had a 3700x & a 2080 super

Couldn't stomach that Nvidia 30xx is right around the corner & 4xxx ryzens
Might rebuild by the end of the year
Is this probably the right choice ?

aK2afEz.jpg

Modern CPUs & GPUs don't like to be overclocked

3700x safe voltage is below like 1.325 what the fuck ?
Crashes every single time

RTX 2080 super for 800$ fuck
OCed memory +1250mhz to 9000mhz & core clock +100

It's artifacting within a week

Fucking returned everything
1700$ fully refunded and will wait for 30xx series GPUs & 4xxx ryzen CPUs or 40xx & 5xxx

FML stuck with a FX 8230e & 1050ti

So which is it? A day ago you had returned everything due to buyer's remorse for the forthcoming hardware later this year.

Now a day later you've returned it because you can't overclock.

Phil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So which is it? A day ago you had returned everything due to buyer's remorse for the forthcoming hardware later this year.

Now a day later you've returned it because you can't overclock.
tenor.gif

Was generally not impressed with the OCing and the amount of money I paid for this for 1700$ it better be godly
It was demi godly hence I returned it

1700$ is not alot of money but it's a sizeable chunk the GPU is just insanely overpriced for 800$ 2080 super

Might rebuy if the 3070 offers better than 2080ti perf for 499$

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I only overclock cheap CPUs and GPUs lol. Those actually overclock very well, specially CPUs. High end parts. I am too scared to bother and they are more than fast enough anyway. Maybe near their EoL I want to push them but I really don't get OCing something like 3700x or 2080 Super out of the box, it is plenty fast already.

Phil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only overclock cheap CPUs and GPUs lol. Those actually overclock very well, specially CPUs. High end parts. I am too scared to bother and they are more than fast enough anyway. Maybe near their EoL I want to push them but I really don't get OCing something like 3700x or 2080 Super out of the box, it is plenty fast already.
Believe it or the 3700x & 2080 super had trouble running at stock reaching a solid fps of 120 fps at 2560x1440 on my Samsung 55" 120hz
But when the OC it reached it but with disasterous results a week later
The gpu started artifacting at the frequency

Mr_Mondee

Nov 23, 2017
Believe it or the 3700x & 2080 super had trouble running at stock reaching a solid fps of 120 fps at 2560x1440 on my Samsung 55" 120hz
I have those 2 exact components and gotta say at 1440p you will only get over 120 fps in non AAA games, its just how it its.

The RTX 2080 Super is not meant to be overclocked to the extremes you took it. Some can do +100 on clock but mine for example is only happy at +75. In regards to the memory, i would be surprised if you could get above 900+ oc. I am at 875+ as anything higher might pass benchmarks but will crash on games.

The 3700x is happy at 1.35-1.375 if you really want to push it, but Ryzen 3000 is not meant to be all core oc'ed! These chips are optimised to extract as much power as your chip, mobo and thermals will allow.

If you think this way, you will never be happy even with the new hardware! OC has you know it is coming to an end!

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any recommended external powered USB hubs for under $30? Only wants are a fast charging slot for my phone, if possible, and that it be powered by an external power brick. My USB audo interface that my JBL305's use gets a ton of noise from being powered by the motherboard. Tried my brother's cheap USB hub that's externally powered and it eliminates the noise.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017

Disastrous results..??

You mean expected results from a failed overclock. They call it a silicon lottery for a reason.

Did a bit of overclocking just recently.
RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra
+110 GPU clock
+225 Memory clock
Was stable in heaven and 3DMark time spy at 63c

Real test was Doom and Control, max settings
It crashed Control during high clocks but was stable at the numbers I have now. Solid 60 frames and dipped when ray tracing.
Doom was just so fast!

Any other test I should look into to really fin tune this card?

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Could I get your guys opinions on PSU tier lists? Do these actually matter? My friend just built a pc and I'm pretty sure he'll be annoyed to find his gold rated psu on a lower tier (LTT tier list).

Looking at the list (assume it is the LTT tier list I just googled) the really bad ones are very hard to find and pretty obvious that their not good. What I can say is as long as it from a brand that you are familiar with and has that Bronze and above it should be good.

Oct 29, 2017
Could I get your guys opinions on PSU tier lists? Do these actually matter? My friend just built a pc and I'm pretty sure he'll be annoyed to find his gold rated psu on a lower tier (LTT tier list).
How low are we talking about? For most people's ~450W single GPU setups a 80+ bronze PSU that may be C or D tier in one of those list will be more that adequate and last many years. A and up are exclusively platinum and Titanium PSUs, and they have 3 tiers for just them, so that creates some perception bias that makes C be 5 steps from the top instead of 3.

The Tier list matters in the sense that if the data is taken from various reliable reviews then yes, the PSUs on top are better, but most people wont encounter a situation where they will notice that difference unless they count the cents they spend on electricity or measure how often the PSU fan has to turn on.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the list (assume it is the LTT tier list I just googled) the really bad ones are very hard to find and pretty obvious that their not good. What I can say is as long as it from a brand that you are familiar with and has that Bronze and above it should be good.
How low are we talking about? For most people's ~450W single GPU setups a 80+ bronze PSU that may be C or D tier in one of those list will be more that adequate and last many years. A and up are exclusively platinum and Titanium PSUs, and they have 3 tiers for just them, so that creates some perception bias that makes C be 5 steps from the top instead of 3.

The Tier list matters in the sense that if the data is taken from various reliable reviews then yes, the PSUs on top are better, but most people wont encounter a situation where they will notice that difference unless they count the cents they spend on electricity or measure how often the PSU fan has to turn on.

Thanks for the input gents. It was built a few months ago, but I seem to recall that it was in the D tier, maybe C tier. I'll have to check his build the next time I see him.

I remember looking up all the parts for positive reviews before buying and even though this one was used from another friend (who dumped it because 750W was not enough for his new workstation), and it reviewed well. But it appears lower on the tier list.

The computers not on all the time, just a couple hours a day for some heavy gaming. I'm just trying to figure out what these tier lists are based on, seems like a stress test?

edit: yeah I'm going to stick with what you suggested Metalsnakezero as the actual reviews are positive.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for the input gents. It was built a few months ago, but I seem to recall that it was in the D tier, maybe C tier. I'll have to check his build the next time I see him.

I remember looking up all the parts for positive reviews before buying and even though this one was used from another friend (who dumped it because 750W was not enough for his new workstation), and it reviewed well. But it appears lower on the tier list.

The computers not on all the time, just a couple hours a day for some heavy gaming. I'm just trying to figure out what these tier lists are based on, seems like a stress test?
Oh no, it is not a stress test, the LTT ones are often based on the PSU meeting a series of criteria the OP believes are important. They are mostly on point, but sometimes more arbitrary like one from a few years ago had the quality of fans as criteria to qualify to Tier A.

For the most recent list for instance the PSU cant get to Tier A without having every type of protection that shuts down the PSU when it goes under voltage, over temperature, over voltage, etc. Something that can deal with every case of extreme situations. These top distinctions on the list are made for extreme overclockers that are using Liquid Nitrogen and whatnot.

Last edited:

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Oh no, it is not a stress test, the LTT ones are often based on the PSU meeting a series of criteria the OP believes are important. One from a few years ago had the quality of fans as criteria to qualify to Tier A.

For the most recent list for instance the PSU cant get to Tier A without having every type of protection that shuts down the PSU when it goes under voltage, over temperature, over voltage, etc. Something that can deal with every case of extreme situations. These are made for extreme overclockers that are using Liquid Nitrogen and whatnot.

Thank you! I understand now.

Looks like individual reviews of the power supplies in question seem good. Now I have some info to take back to him to not be concerned. Much appreciated!

Oct 25, 2017
RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra
+110 GPU clock
+225 Memory clock

It crashed Control during high clocks but was stable at the numbers I have now. Solid 60 frames and dipped when ray tracing.
Doom was just so fast!

I've got exactly the same GPU and managed to get mine to +130 GPU and +600 Memory. (Timespy, Valley and Heaven)
But many games have problems with even the slightest overclocks, for example Sekiro, MHW and even Magic Arena.
Other games run flawlessly, for example Overwatch, Doom, CS:GO, The Witcher 3 and many others.
For now I've completely removed the OC.

Deleted member 25042

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
For people with RTX cards wanting to test their overclocks I'd suggest doing so with games with raytracing along with the conventional ones.
I can do +150/+1350 on non RT games but only +120 on RT games

Just play SOTR with RT on or download the atomic heart demo and loop it

Birbo

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for some input on the best, most cost effective way to upgrade my HTPC for better gaming. My build is about 7 years old at this point, but I did update my video card fairly recently. My current setup is:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K (not overclocked)

Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB

RAM: Samsung 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600

Case: nMEDIAPC HTPC 5000S HTPC Case

PSU: SeaSonic G 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX

This is currently hooked up to my 1080P TV. Not looking on spending too much (maybe $200-$300 tops) as I'm sure I'll need funds for the upcoming console launches. Any help would be appreciated.

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
Looking for some input on the best, most cost effective way to upgrade my HTPC for better gaming. My build is about 7 years old at this point, but I did update my video card fairly recently. My current setup is:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K (not overclocked)

Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB

RAM: Samsung 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600

Case: nMEDIAPC HTPC 5000S HTPC Case

PSU: SeaSonic G 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX

This is currently hooked up to my 1080P TV. Not looking on spending too much (maybe $200-$300 tops) as I'm sure I'll need funds for the upcoming console launches. Any help would be appreciated.
time to replace your CPU + mobo.

decide on a Ryzen 3600 or Intel 9600K. Then get a cost-effective mobo like the MSI Tomahawk for the Ryzen or ASUS Prime for the Intel chip.

That will run you about ~$300 after taxes. You're not upgrading anything for $200. Oh and you'll need RAM too, so allocate another ~$70 for a cheap 16gb kit.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra
+110 GPU clock
+225 Memory clock

Doom was just so fast!

You can try Heaven (https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven) and run it continuously and change clocks on the fly to see the effects but of course whether that is stable in games is another question.

Also I'd really recommend comparing max and min FPS on OC vs no OC because most of the time you'll see there's very little point in running a max OC in games. You introduce higher temps and spotty stability to gain negligible FPS. I mean if you want to know you're getting the absolute highest FPS and you find stable clocks for a particular game, that's fine but if you just set your temp, power and core voltage limits to max in your OC software and let the card run clocks as it sees fit it can be a lot less hassle for essentially the same performance. It can also give you some wiggle room setting fan curves to higher thresholds because of lower temps which means a quieter card if you're using air.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Currently planning a new build for myself and I'm currently torn on what GPU to go for.

I had previously thought about getting an RTX 2060, but now I'm also looking at AMD cards and hearing that the RX5700 and RX5700 XT are both very good cards.

Is there a general consensus on which card is better? I won't be getting the new GPU straight away, probably in April or so? I realise that there's then the chance that the RTX 30XX series will be our around then, which will hopefully lower the prices of things.

For reference, I'm currently on a GTX 970 that I've had for about 4 years now.

Birbo

Oct 25, 2017
time to replace your CPU + mobo.

decide on a Ryzen 3600 or Intel 9600K. Then get a cost-effective mobo like the MSI Tomahawk for the Ryzen or ASUS Prime for the Intel chip.

That will run you about ~$300 after taxes. You're not upgrading anything for $200. Oh and you'll need RAM too, so allocate another ~$70 for a cheap 16gb kit.

Thanks for the input. Figured it would be a CPU & motherboard combo. Any big difference between the 3600 and 3600x?

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Currently planning a new build for myself and I'm currently torn on what GPU to go for.

I had previously thought about getting an RTX 2060, but now I'm also looking at AMD cards and hearing that the RX5700 and RX5700 XT are both very good cards.

Is there a general consensus on which card is better? I won't be getting the new GPU straight away, probably in April or so? I realise that there's then the chance that the RTX 30XX series will be our around then, which will hopefully lower the prices of things.

For reference, I'm currently on a GTX 970 that I've had for about 4 years now.
I've got a reference 5700 XT, and even with an old-ass 4690K, at 1440p, it plows through anything I throw at it.

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for the input. Figured it would be a CPU & motherboard combo. Any big difference between the 3600 and 3600x?
not really. just slight overclocks.

If I were you though, I'd wait until I was ready to commit to a larger build budget and get an 8-core processor. Like you said, we've got the consoles coming in the late fall.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I feel your memory overclock was too high. Most GDDR6 modules won't do over 1 MHz overclock and you are clearly went above that. It explains the artifacts you were getting.

Duck Sauce

Oct 30, 2017
United States
Just keeps getting better with ASUS support. They sent me a picture of my monitor at the warehouse. Saying there was no damage. Interesting how the picture was taken with the monitor upside down and the area of the crack cropped out. Hmmmmmm.

t
76NzmbI.png

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Just keeps getting better with ASUS support. They sent me a picture of my monitor at the warehouse. Saying there was no damage. Interesting how the picture was taken with the monitor upside down and the area of the crack cropped out. Hmmmmmm.

t
76NzmbI.png

It's always good to have a periodic reminder to avoid Asus when possible.

Regardless, that could be anyone's monitor.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sucks, but its too glaring for them not to fix it so I would hound them. That said, I would have sent it right back to where I bought it before doing an RMA as they will most likely send you used shit though you bought a brand new monitor.

Duck Sauce

Oct 30, 2017
United States
That sucks. I would have sent it right back to where I bought it before doing an RMA as they will most likely send you used shit though you bought a brand new monitor.

I bought it from microcenter 2 and a half months ago. I have always bought extended warranties but for some reason the cashier tried to charge me $400 for 2 years. Usually its $200 for 2 years but none of my monitors have previously bought ever needed it. So I said what the hell and didn't get it. Lo and behold I update the firmware and it bricks. Talk about terrible luck. Sent it to Asus and this is now the shit i'm dealing with.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I have OC'd the snot out of my Vega 56. We're talking top 1% of UserBenchmark scores (only worth using for comparing like-to-like hardware), and it has been great. I need to get back around to tweaking my RAM OC.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
I bought it from microcenter 2 and a half months ago. I have always bought extended warranties but for some reason the cashier tried to charge me $400 for 2 years. Usually its $200 for 2 years but none of my monitors have previously bought ever needed it. So I said what the hell and didn't get it. Lo and behold I update the firmware and it bricks. Talk about terrible luck. Sent it to Asus and this is now the shit i'm dealing with.
I've had a shit experience with Asus monitor RMA years ago, probably 2012ish. Sent it in for a green tinted picture. Monitor only ever sat on my desk, pristine condition. Received it back with scuffed and scratched bezel, green tint fixed, but now it had a solid red line down the middle of the screen. They denied scratching my bezels but took it back again for the red line. Sad to hear others are having similar issues so many years later.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I've had a shit experience with Asus monitor RMA years ago, probably 2012ish. Sent it in for a green tinted picture. Monitor only ever sat on my desk, pristine condition. Received it back with scuffed and scratched bezel, green tint fixed, but now it had a solid red line down the middle of the screen. They denied scratching my bezels but took it back again for the red line. Sad to hear others are having similar issues so many years later.

I had to get the owner of a well known tech hardware website to shame them into helping me when I had issues. They suck.

ABeezy1388

Apr 5, 2018
Back again... thoughts? Want to make an itx build that is future proof and capable of 4k gaming.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB Video Card
Power Supply: EVGA 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Case: silverstone RVZ03BW mini itx (white)

I didn't include ram because I have some... 16gb DDR4, and Windows 10.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
Back again... thoughts? Want to make an itx build that is future proof and capable of 4k gaming.

If you're going to build a system that small, I'd just pay the extra ten bucks or whatever for a fully modular PSU. Also I saw some comments that an ATX PSU in that case is a tough fit, so might want to do some research before you pick one if you haven't already.

Remember to check the length on your GPU, some 2080 supers will fit in that case, some will not.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

Solid build right here. Small suggestion: go fully modular on the PSU. You may also be able to find an equivalent M2 drive for cheaper, Sabrent rocket, silicon power, adata pro, xpg gammix.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
PC has been purchased! Also bought a new X-Arcade stick with trackball that I'm going to use with my existing PC for my MAME/Plex server.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($389.99 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($141.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z390-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($175.98 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($162.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($168.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial MX500 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($201.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X Video Card ($529.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($127.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Deepcool RF 120 (3 in 1) 56.5 CFM 120 mm Fans ($38.59 @ Amazon)
Total: $2038.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-27 21:47 EST-0500

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
PC has been purchased! Also bought a new X-Arcade stick with trackball that I'm going to use with my existing PC for my MAME/Plex server.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($389.99 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($141.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z390-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($175.98 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($162.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($168.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial MX500 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($201.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X Video Card ($529.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($127.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Deepcool RF 120 (3 in 1) 56.5 CFM 120 mm Fans ($38.59 @ Amazon)
Total: $2038.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-27 21:47 EST-0500
Looks like a beast, enjoy!

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
There is a strong case to be made for the LG 27GL83a instead. It's basically the 850 without the wide gamut color and $120 cheaper.
Thank you, I was honestly wondering WTH was the difference between the two. The 83 is currently on my upgrade list for 2020 (after Ampere gets sorted out) assuming there isn't a better option this side of $400.

Emmz

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you, I was honestly wondering WTH was the difference between the two. The 83 is currently on my upgrade list for 2020 (after Ampere gets sorted out) assuming there isn't a better option this side of $400.

Yep. Hilariously, they actually show up as GL850s in device manager and display settings/NVIDIA drivers. They are likely based on exactly the same core hardware, I think only the backlight is different for providing the wide gamut colors.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Can anyone point me to results to compare my new ($280 2060 KO) Blender results against other cards using *standard* benchmarks. I'm rendering the BMW with Optix in 36s in Blender 2.1a but can't find anything to compare to. I'm rendering classroom in 2m9s. GPU-Z did confirm it's a TU104 die.

When it posts to Blender it says I'm in the top 2% and I think something must be off.

CYXbAPZ.png

Edit: OK, maybe not overperforming.

Last edited:

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017
So it's finally time for me to upgrade my PC

Current setup I'm not sure if any of this would be reusable:
Case: BitFenix Neos
Motherboard: AsusTek H81M-D
Processor: Intel Pentium
Graphics: AMD Radeon R7 200
Fans: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KB8CB9O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Cooling:Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Ram: XPG 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
PSU: EVGA 600 B1 100-B1-0600-KR 80+ BRONZE 600W

I was looking into the md-tier builds for myself. I kind of wanted to get some of the NVMe because of the benefits. I usually do coding work on my PC, play games, and develop my photos on it. Can anyone Recommend a build? My budget would be around $750.

ABeezy1388

Apr 5, 2018
If you're going to build a system that small, I'd just pay the extra ten bucks or whatever for a fully modular PSU. Also I saw some comments that an ATX PSU in that case is a tough fit, so might want to do some research before you pick one if you haven't already.

Remember to check the length on your GPU, some 2080 supers will fit in that case, some will not.
Solid build right here. Small suggestion: go fully modular on the PSU. You may also be able to find an equivalent M2 drive for cheaper, Sabrent rocket, silicon power, adata pro, xpg gammix.

Thanks guys! How's this? I changed the PSU to fully modular, and dropped the wattage 100.. good idea bad idea? PC Part picker estimates 375W swapped the regular SSD for M2 drive so two of those (I think the mobo fits two? I'm a pc building rookie)

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xRNyq3

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Best Buy)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler ($39.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Sabrent Rocket Q 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Sabrent Rocket Q 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB Video Card ($669.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GM 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply ($76.98 @ Newegg)
Case: SilverStone Technology Slim Computer Case for Mini-Itx Motherboards ($154.72 @ Amazon)
Total: $1461.55

Not included again, the 16GB DDR4 ram ( I think speeds have increased since I got mine, worth getting new ram?)

lastly I got about $200 in amazon money I could use dropping this to $1261.55 out of pocket. Would this be solid for goood 4K gaming on above average settings? I would be gaming on my 65" OLED :)

Status
Not open for further replies.