• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The review bombing of Devotion really sucks. I think I was never bothered in most cases of review bombing since it rarely effected the overall score of a game, unless there was a good reason like say Arkham Knight and Ys 8 being busted on launch. In this case though the game has actually gone from Overwhelmingly Positive to actually Negative now.

The only bright side is gaming news site are actually starting to give the game attention but I really wish it wouldn't be cause of something so shitty.

Yeah, the extra coverage is nice, but this isn't the best way. I hope we hear something from Valve about the review system during GDC.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking for advice to get my PC games running on my living room TV. I prefer to NOT relocate the computer or run a HDMI cable down my hallway. I recognize this will likely result in some input lag or latency.

I looked into Steam Link and...it looks to be discontinued? Are there other options worth exploring? I'm exclusively interested in the game aspect. We're good on the streaming front.

Thanks in advance for any advice the group may have.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking for advice to get my PC games running on my living room TV. I prefer to NOT relocate the computer or run a HDMI cable down my hallway. I recognize this will likely result in some input lag or latency.

I looked into Steam Link and...it looks to be discontinued? Are there other options worth exploring? I'm exclusively interested in the game aspect. We're good on the streaming front.

What TV are you using?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

You dont need a Steam Link. Valve has launched an app for Android (and certain smrt TV models) to do that stuff. You can easily buy an Android stick and run with it.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

How about an HDMI cable through the attic? ;-)

I just ran one through the wall. It's pretty magical.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What TV are you using?
You dont need a Steam Link. Valve has launched an app for Android (and certain smrt TV models) to do that stuff. You can easily buy an Android stick and run with it.

I didn't even know this was a thing. I'm downloading the app on my TV right now and em tinker around with it. Thanks so much for the advice.

How about an HDMI cable through the attic? ;-)

I just ran one through the wall. It's pretty magical.

Yeah, I think that will be my fall back option if I can't get a streaming solution working. My concern then becomes about controller connectivity to a system that is in the room down the hall.

Things were easier back when I had everything in my living room, but both my wife and I prefer to avoid that in our current home.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Shlooter is good actually. You could also use the more standard loot shooter, but that's harder to say. Looter Shooter is the worst of all worlds and anyone using it seriously should immediately transition to Shlooter, IMO.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think that will be my fall back option if I can't get a streaming solution working. My concern then becomes about controller connectivity to a system that is in the room down the hall.

Things were easier back when I had everything in my living room, but both my wife and I prefer to avoid that in our current home.
Long ass USB extension cable. Possibly even one that's actively powered.

It's doable. Only hassle will be having to go back and forth between living room and PC room if you get a pop up or something kicks you out of game, but the latency trade off is worth it IMO.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
So Battletech is on sale with Steam. Has it been lower? Is it worth it?
Battletech is alright, aside from 3 flaws:
-The pilot skill trees are way too passive heavy, which makes builds very boring
-Battles (especially later in the game) become slog fests where you just pump tons of firepower into enemies on repetitive maps (outside of the story only maps), while all the cool glam cam shots wind up looking the same pretty quickly.
-The devs failed to make melee only builds actually interesting/viable when they introduced the Hatchetman without the ability to designate specific parts of the enemy mech as targets for attacks (which is a mechanic available to all the other weapons). Melee attacks are totally random in where they hit, and the result is that a melee playstyle is kind of frustrating and unsatisfying.

If you do get it, get the mod that allows you change a lot of the difficulty variables, and change the resale value of salvage in shops from 18% to 33%, then change the value controlling how many contracts you can get per planet higher, so you won't have to grind and travel as much.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
unknown.png

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Getting disappointing performance in Borderlands 2.

Playing on max with a 2700x and a 2080, I would have thought this would be more than enough to maintain over 100 fps at least.

Getting drops into the 50s very often...

Any ideas? Having to turn own settings in games this old bugs me a lot...

Last edited:

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Getting disappoint performance in Borderlands 2.

Playing on max with a 2700x and a 2080, I would have thought this would be more than enough to maintain over 100 fps at least.

Getting drops into the 50s very often...

Any ideas? Having to turn own settings in games this old bugs me a lot...
Maybe Physx effects?

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Shlooter is an amazing name. It's exactly as disgusting and revolting as it needs to be. You feel dirty and nauseated, even when typing it, let alone utter this monstrosity.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I just tried again with physix to low and it's now in the 100+ range...

But it's still not perfectly smooth, after playing Destiny it feels quite stuttery (frame rates are similar).

Is physix just a badly implemented effect? I would have thought a high end card in 2019 should be able to handle a video effect from 2012...

Status
Not open for further replies.