• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
No competition. Should be the thread title.

ohrly? :p

Personally, I'd rather this thread cooled off of its Steam vs. Epic stuff. It's beyond tiring to see the same things relitigated in literally every thread related to either Steam or Epic's store.

If this is to be a PC gaming thread, it shouldn't just be about your preferred PC gaming client. It completely stifles other PC gaming and gaming news discussion and, I imagine, only serves to drive people away from the thread.

I'd wager Epic Store is the Trump of PC gaming - no matter what your feelings, it'll be hard to avoid discussion (reading or actually partaking) until they stop with the full-exclusives.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
It isn't a case of being about your "preferred client". GOG, itch and others are welcome to be discussed here. Steam is the most discussed only because Steam is the biggest platform on PC and this community evolved from the old SteamERA community.

Epic doing their hardest to remove a lot of the things people like about PC gaming would of course be criticized here, and it's kind of the big news story at the moment.
Totally agree with this. I know it gets kind of tiring, but this Epic stuff is big news. Putting your head in the sand, or pretending it's ok by not talking about it, isn't gonna happen.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Early impressions of Super Daryl Deluxe are good!
LevelUp.gif

Mar 23, 2018
Final Fantasy XV is 163 gbs and Hitman 2 114. Fucking hell I need to start actually finishing games and deleting then instead of playing ssd juggling for 30 minutes lol

I think that's FFXV's size with the 4K textures which, from what I've seen, it's not really worth it if you need disk space. As for Hitman 2, I don't have the game but I'm able to download the original Hitman levels and play them on Hitman 2. I believe you can download each episode/stage/map/mission standalone. Let's say you wanna play the first level of Hitman or Hitman 2, then you can choose to download that level from Steam checking the DLC options on Steam's library. Then, once you are done with that level, you could download the next one and uninstall the level you just completed. Honestly, I know you can do this with the first Hitman's season levels and I seem to remember you are also able to do so with the Hitman 2 original levels.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Nice.

Would playing catherine on the PS3 count? (runs away and hides, then looks)

Currently on a Half 2 Mod called entropy zero and 2064 Read Only Memories.

Can we let the Epic stuff go for a bit. Most of us feel the same here, so... I mean if there is new news then sure.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I think that's FFXV's size with the 4K textures which, from what I've seen, it's not really worth it if you need disk space. As for Hitman 2, I don't have the game but I'm able to download the original Hitman levels and play them on Hitman 2. I believe you can download each episode/stage/map/mission standalone. Let's say you wanna play the first level of Hitman or Hitman 2, then you can choose to download that level from Steam checking the DLC options on Steam's library. Then, once you are done with that level, you could download the next one and uninstall the level you just completed. Honestly, I know you can do this with the first Hitman's season levels and I seem to remember you are also able to do so with the Hitman 2 original levels.
Thanks for the hitman check off information! I have a tb but I just have way too many things installed.

Upgraded to an rtx card so I wanted to try out dlss/max the game out so the pack seems worthwhile. XV looks so great at 60 fps, tho you still have to turn off nvidia effects lol

Era keeps saving discarded comments from way back ugh.

Last edited:

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Got Kiwami pre-ordered but still haven't even touched 0. The PC gamer way of course. ;)

Otherwise, with Metro having left Steam, not many big things in Feb. for me. Guess I'll be on the prowl for smaller games and any surprises this month might have in store for us.

I know Durante is working on something he teased a couple months ago, a console exclusive no less... I wonder when he can announce it?

Last edited:

Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I want to clean out my Steam backlog, my cursor just automatically moves to Forza Horizon 4's icon.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up.

LOL logged into uplay for the first time in ages to ten shitloads of friend requests out of nowhere.

Edit: Oh wow they got Farcry 5 for $15.00.

Farcry 5 is a great game if you look at it from the evolution of Farcry. Ubi really does well building and polishing games in a series from the previous entries.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Lmao, adding all EDF DLC was something else. Looking forward to playing it though, best Humble Monthly game I didn't already own in a little while.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
The graphics in Ace Combat 7 are incredible and the textures hold up great at 4K outside of stickers when zooming in all the way during the replay mode. Legitimately impressive and the best clouds in a game yet tho I suppose you'd hope so given the nature of it.

Been so long since the last game tho that I crashed into planes or the water 3 times in the first mission tsk.

Last edited:

MarkRJR

Oct 25, 2017
I've been having insane issues running games lately. Not entirely sure what my problem is. I have an i5-8400, GTX1060, 8gb RAM, and a 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

I get insane stutters every few seconds no matter what game. Playing something like Doom 2016 I get really 50-60fps at 1080p, but then it'll hitch regularly. The reason I'm posting is because I get this problem with even low spec indie games. I was trying to play a simple 2D overhead Zelda clone and it kept dropping to 10-15fps. Audio would freak out too. I've had this problem for a while now but haven't found any solution, so I'm kind of at a loss what to do.

The only thing I could notice was that my disk usage was at 100% in task manager when I left the game (mostly by "system" and "registry"), and the highest % in CPU was for "interrupts", which went away after a few seconds. I'm honestly so bummed out, since this computer is basically less than a year old (around 6 months).

Last edited:

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
I've been having insane issues running games lately. Not entirely sure what my problem is. I have an i5-8400, GTX1060, 8gb RAM, and a 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

I get insane stutters every few seconds no matter what game. Playing something like Doom 2016 I get really 50-60fps at 1080p, but then it'll hitch regularly. The reason I'm posting is because I get this problem with even low spec indie games. I was trying to play a simple 2D overhead Zelda clone and it kept dropping to 10-15fps. Audio would freak out too. I've had this problem for a while now but haven't found any solution, so I'm kind of at a loss what to do.

The only thing I could notice was that my disk usage was at 100% in task manager when I left the game (mostly by "system" and "registry"), and the highest % in CPU was for "interrupts", which went away after a few seconds. I'm honestly so bummed out, since this computer is basically less than a year old (around 6 months).
Have you checked your temps while playing?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So Youtube showed me a trailer for Project Black Sun, and I went to look it up online
http://www.starflowergames.com/blacksun.html

Game can be bought for $2 over at Gamersgate.com, on Macgamestore if you want a Mac copy (but no Windows copy?!) and on the Japanese Playism games store (but not English!)
It was on Steam Greenlight but nothing happened since then. I'm gonna go buy it soon myself, but it's a bummer it didn't get released on at least itch.io and I'd much rather a platform like that than whatever kind of installer that GG uses >_>

At any rate, 2 of Starflowergames' titles are on itch.io curiously enough
https://starflowergames.itch.io/

I wonder if it is beause that game was by a different development team?

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

I get insane stutters every few seconds no matter what game. Playing something like Doom 2016 I get really 50-60fps at 1080p, but then it'll hitch regularly. The reason I'm posting is because I get this problem with even low spec indie games. I was trying to play a simple 2D overhead Zelda clone and it kept dropping to 10-15fps. Audio would freak out too.

The only thing I could notice was that my disk usage was at 100% in task manager when I left the game (mostly by "system"), and I the highest % in CPU was for "interrupts", and went away after a few seconds. I'm honestly so bummed out, since this computer is basically less than a year old (around 6 months).

Sounds like HDD (or cable) could be bad. Might be useful to check using CrystalDiskInfo+Bechmark tool, HDD Sentinel or some other smart tool and benchmark.

Deleted member 10601

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somehow i missed this piece of information. Stellar Overload is dead since November. https://steamcommunity.com/app/397150/discussions/0/3374780959379838491/

They expected to sell 100.000 units? What? They more or less misused Early Access. How did they expect to sell this much units? The game was light on content.

From the Early Access guidelines:
Early Access is not a way to crowdfund development of your product.
You should not use Early Access solely to fund development. If you are counting on selling a specific number of units to complete your game, then you need to think carefully about what it would mean for you or your team if you don't sell that many units. Are you willing to continue developing the game without any sales? Are you willing to seek other forms of investment?

Why do developers ignore these guidelines? Do they do it deliberate? Valve should enforce these guidelines. :(

Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody who played the Anthem Beta actually enjoyed it? I feel like the best impression I've read so far was "It's kinda alright maybe?"

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
What's the fastest way to transfer from an HDD to an SSD without loosing anything or reinstalling any drivers? Cloning the whole thing over is what I want.
I really like the Samsung "Magician" tool for this. You need to boot your PC with both the SSD and HDD connected, then let the tool do its thing. Afterwards you can swap the HDD with your shiny new SSD, and everything else will continue to run as before, just faster.

Only works with Samsung SSDs, though. I'm sure there is open source stuff that does the same thing as well.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
I really like the Samsung "Magician" tool for this. You need to boot your PC with both the SSD and HDD connected, then let the tool do its thing. Afterwards you can swap the HDD with your shiny new SSD, and everything else will continue to run as before, just faster.

Only works with Samsung SSDs, though. I'm sure there is open source stuff that does the same thing as well.

Can I do it with just one partition? Because my HDD is 2tb split in half, I only want to transfer the first, C, partition over. Thanks.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
PSA: The Steam Awards cards from this past Winter sale will expire in less than 8 hours. Either convert them to gems or sale them ASAP.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Can I do it with just one partition? Because my HDD is 2tb split in half, I only want to transfer the first, C, partition over. Thanks.
Reading the manual of Samsung's Migration software, it doesnt' seem capable of giving that level of granularity, unfortunately.
On a quick search I found this: https://www.easeus.com/backup-software/tb-free.html
They also advertise the ability to clone individual partitions. I don't have any experience with this one, but it does look like it comes from a legitimate software company, though

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Uninstalled Anno 1800 beta. Not sure I like the influence system. But it's hard to get a good idea of it because the beta is limited, so I guess we'll see how it shapes in the final game.

On the plus side it seems pretty solid on a technical level. Noticed one UI bug and that's all.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018

As mentioned your HDD could be broken, make sure to make backups. Or it could be as simple as a defective SATA cable, had that problem myself. But it needs to be said, running W10 from SDD is kinda a must, doesn't work all that great with HDDs and if you then put games on the same drive it'll get worse. Only 8GB aren't helping either but indies should still be okay.

Of course you could do more trouble-shooting like checking/updating the BIOS or looking for updated SATA AHCI drivers. What motherboard? If Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005

And try https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon to see if maybe some random driver is running rampant.

Last edited:

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Magician is awesome.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Nice new thread, thanks MRORANGE.

Picked up Wargroove last night and played the first few missions. Seems good so far. Definite AW vibes but its not 100% the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.