• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I really like Subsurface Circular but the story in Quarantine was just.......incredibly unpredictable.
Like, was I supposed to doubt that Gabriel was here to help? I feel like that's the entire crux of the story but it was soooooo obvious that the game wasn't going to end with a "Welp, I hope you learned that you should always kill the things you don't understand!" message. The characters were pretty clicheéd as well. You have the good humans, the one evil human and some in-betweens and it all felt so flat and lifeless.

I just fail to see the point of it. Was "should we let this alien help us or continue to do it on our own and let millions die until we figure it out?" supposed to be a tough question?
Like, there are interesting implications with some things but the game doesn't really touch on them at all.

It just felt like they wanted to tell a much bigger story than they eventually did.

Fair enough.

I like both equally. In Quarantine I like
that you see that your decisions matter more than in Subsurface since the only one I recall there is at the end.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Now that Fortnite money is slowing down I wonder if Epic is rethinking their store distribution/esports prize pool?
We don't know if it is actually slowing down. They just had 2 million users watch a concert life like a week ago. Fortnite could be super healthy for all we know (twitch viewers only tell us about the more hardcore audience AND we should consider taht a lot of streamers might have changed to Apex this week as a palate cleanser, still not showing if this is a permanent or long term effect.)

(And yeah, I think their growth is slowing down but mostly because they just got too big and it is nearly impossible to grow more).

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Got to love auto save only games with one save. Near the end of Observer and every time I load I fall through the floor and this is an issue since launch apparently according to the forums and never fixed. Oh well.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
My theory is that MP games have 2 years after launch before their numbers start to go down (there are exceptions) and game starts to be less popular. This is second year for Fortnite so if my theory is correct their numbers should start to go down. But of course this theory is based on nothing so i am probably wrong XD

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
My theory is that MP games have 2 years after launch before their numbers start to go down (there are exceptions) and game starts to be less popular. This is second year for Fortnite so if my theory is correct their numbers should start to go down. But of course this theory is based on nothing so i am probably wrong XD
Wait it is two years since the BR shit started?

Man I am getting old.

Nov 1, 2017

Dota only saw a rise for the first 3? 4? years? Then valve made changes to CS:GO loot system and the dota loot system and the player base dropped. CS:GO saw a rise after being out for years. It could be worth something to look into honestly. We seem to have ways to measure player count/viewership semi-accurately.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Got to love auto save only games with one save. Near the end of Observer and every time I load I fall through the floor and this is an issue since launch apparently according to the forums and never fixed. Oh well.

:|

Thank you for your sacrifice.

4F676D57A1B212E04404C700D69FF182C9B1193F

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Protip: Use Windows File History, set it backup changed files every 10min, add game save folders and you'll never lose significant amount of progress.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Wait it is two years since the BR shit started?

Man I am getting old.

Time flies :D

Dota only saw a rise for the first 3? 4? years? Then valve made changes to CS:GO loot system and the dota loot system and the player base dropped. CS:GO saw a rise after being out for years. It could be worth something to look into honestly. We seem to have ways to measure player count/viewership semi-accurately.

That is why i said there are exceptions. There are reason why some developers take 2 years between MP games like EA and DICE for example. Also younger audience usually doesn't stick long with something, they usually go after something that is popular at that moment. Most Dota 2 and CSGO players are older in my opinion. For example Apex is now gaining traction and if Twitch popularity stays strong they will get more and more Fortnite players.

Another good example are Blizzard MP games. First Hearthstone was huge in first 2-3 years, now you barely hear about it, Overwatch was huge first 2 years too but these days there is not much buzz.

So it is obvious that people these days are not even attached to their investments (skins, heroes...) and they are fine leaving all of that behind for something new.

That is why i said that Epic created their store, not because they want to be saviors of indie developers (or developers in general) but because they realized that Fortnite won't last forever and that it is easier to make Store that will bring them constant cash flow than to make new Fortnite like hit.

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
So in TD2 beta, my frame rate would be in the 50-60s then drop in the 30s with a pause. Is that a vram issue? My graphics card is the 1060 3GB.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Upgraded my PC with an RTX 2070 for Anthem mainly (although I'm also sick of multiplatfrom games at 30fps on console). Also upgraded my RAM from 8GB's of 800MHz memory to 16GB's of 1866MHz memory. Like in some games up to 20% performance improvement. I essentially went from running most games at a steady 60 FPS to all games above 60 FPS at that time. This was like 3 years ago.

Thinking about going for an SSD too. Does the speed of RAM and HDD effect framerate much?

My CPU is an i5 4690k @4GHz. I hope it's not a bottleneck for modern games.

Will my Game Pass subscription work on PC?
RAM speed absolutely makes a difference, especially since you're still on DDR3. I have that same CPU, and upgrade my mobo since my original only supported up to 1666 MHz RAM. After upgrading to 2133 MHz I saw such a huge improvement in games.

Your i5 can be a bottleneck. It's good you've got it overclocked, but since it's a bit older it will be the bottleneck on your system. I plan on upgrading to whatever the high end Ryzen 2 is this year.

Definitely get an SSD. Look to see if your mobo supports M.2 as well.

The only games that work on PC through Game Pass are Play Anywhere titles.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RAM speed absolutely makes a difference, especially since you're still on DDR3. I have that same CPU, and upgrade my mobo since my original only supported up to 1666 MHz RAM. After upgrading to 2133 MHz I saw such a huge improvement in games.

Your i5 can be a bottleneck. It's good you've got it overclocked, but since it's a bit older it will be the bottleneck on your system. I plan on upgrading to whatever the high end Ryzen 2 is this year.

Definitely get an SSD. Look to see if your mobo supports M.2 as well.

The only games that work on PC through Game Pass are Play Anywhere titles.

Thanks very much for the reply. Will definitely get an SSD.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
Death of the Outsider and Prey are so good why did they do so terribly
i feel they did about as expected for the genre?

Depends why you liked the first one. While TEW2 isn't a bad game, I didn't nearly like it as much as the first one. Stil a good game though, just for different reasons. I liked the "house of horrors" linear approach that the first one had.
hmm yeah, i'm kind of worried of the open world-ness of 2

i want a straight linear thing i can blow through in a few sessions like the first one

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
What 1440p ips 144hz screen should I get to pair with my rtx 2080? Was looking at the Asus for awhile but the back light bleed issues keep putting me off, is the Acer any better?

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Evil Within 2 is still mostly a linear fun house, there's just a couple small open world sections that you can optionally poke around in if you want. I understand the game has a more "western" design philosophy than the first but I still like it a lot.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
Evil Within 2 is still mostly a linear fun house, there's just a couple small open world sections that you can optionally poke around in if you want. I understand the game has a more "western" design philosophy than the first but I still like it a lot.
oh really? that's good to know

would like to hear more about the "western" design philosophy tho

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
oh really? that's good to know

would like to hear more about the "western" design philosophy tho

In Evil Within 1, you don't know what's going on. You keep getting teleported from place to place. You're often thrust into unique situations, like running from the butcher at the beginning, or turning off the gas valves while Cage Head chases you, or being sent back into the church yard to get Oda's glasses. The game expects you to meet it on its own terms, making few concessions for your comfort.

In Evil Within 2, the story is presented in a more straightforward manner. You can (sometimes) see locations you'll visit later in the distance. Areas (sometimes) connect logically. Enemies can be tackled in a more consistent manner; stealth killing is more viable. Sebastian feels more capable overall. Boss fights are more traditional. There is a small amount of open world content, more things to collect. A few NPCs have dialogue trees to go through. The framework of the game is more familiar, more comfortable.

Also the second game is directed by John Johanas (who did the DLC for the first game) instead of Shinji Mikami. So the Western vs. Eastern thing is quite literal.

Overall people seem to strongly prefer one game over the other. I think both have a lot to offer; Evil Within 1 is more unique and nightmarish, but I personally find that Evil Within 2 plays a bit better, has better environmental variety, fewer "horde encounters" and fewer instant death traps.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EW2 is a solid game, but felt more bland for sure. The whole family aspect just doesn't work. The concept really only worked in 1 because there was a mystery to explore, you were finding out about the villain and whatnot. 2's villains don't work nearly as well, and the focus is mainly on Sebastian, who is just a boring lead.

Should have been a standalone story instead of dealing with Umbrella Stand In is doing with the tech. Maybe have had it adapted for use by police forces to dive into a new weirdo's mind. These games never do well with their overarching stories.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
what's the consensus on evil within 2

i quite liked the first one

It's better than the first IMHO but maybe that's not concensus. Not as unsettling (first one creeped me out good), better stealth opportunities. The open areas are really good, and it's not as interesting when it turns into corridors.

Got deep into Leon A in RE2 and then got my butt kicked by some lickers that came out of nowhere. Every time I died before I restarted at a continue point but suddenly I'm back at my last save and have lost a bunch of progress. I mean, that's how RE works, but since they've had continue points I got annoyed.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Played probably five hours of Apex today. Really enjoying it. Haven't gotten a win yet. Finished second and third plenty of times. Just had a match where we had the drop on the last remaining team and we all fucked up. But damn it's a lot of fun. Easily my favorite BR game.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
so I won't get god eater 3 for a while, but anyone that got it, can you confirm it's not complete and utter garbage online like 1 and 2?

both 1 and 2 use the same net code where if you play just two players it is typically fine but if you play with 3 or 4 you get locked into a never ending syncing screen after every few missions (happens way more often after you get to like the third or forth tier of missions) where the host has to kill their game and get no progress (while the other players you played with get progress if you do that at least)

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Hey guys, I'm rather new to playing shooters on PC.

I've gotten pretty comfortable playing at a certain sensitivity on Battlefield V but I'm not sure how to get it to be the same when playing Apex since they use different sliders.
Do I just have to tweak it until they feel the same or is there a better way?

I know https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/ is a thing but it seems to be paywalled.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys, I'm rather new to playing shooters on PC.

I've gotten pretty comfortable playing at a certain sensitivity on Battlefield V but I'm not sure how to get it to be the same when playing Apex since they use different sliders.
Do I just have to tweak it until they feel the same or is there a better way?

I know https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/ is a thing but it seems to be paywalled.

you can just load up BF V and look at something, then move your mouse from the left side of your pad to the right side and see how many degrees you've turned. Then do the same thing in Apex and adjust up or down to match.

Otherwise, people that sub to that mouse sens site often will hook you up, I'm sure finding someone to do that wouldn't be too hard on the Apex subreddit.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
you can just load up BF V and look at something, then move your mouse from the left side of your pad to the right side and see how many degrees you've turned. Then do the same thing in Apex and adjust up or down to match.

Otherwise, people that sub to that mouse sens site often will hook you up, I'm sure finding someone to do that wouldn't be too hard on the Apex subreddit.
Oh that's pretty smart, never thought about using the compass for that. Thanks!

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Oh that's pretty smart, never thought about using the compass for that. Thanks!

Sure thing. If you know how big your pad is from left to right you can figure out your mouse sens as cm/360 which is generally how mouse sens is measured. For example if you know your ideal sens is 58cm/360 (move mouse 58cm to spin in a 360 in game), that is basically how that website works, it just knows what setting is closest to your ideal sens in many games without you manually figuring it out.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Is there a way to identify those delisted games whose cards can no longer be sold o the market? Sick and tired of getting booster packs for these delisted games....

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like Valve missed an opportunity not calling the emoticons Steamojis.

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Is there a way to identify those delisted games whose cards can no longer be sold o the market? Sick and tired of getting booster packs for these delisted games....

Although I can't help you Tizoc, can I ask if you're talking about the mythical booster packs that Steam grants randomly whenever anyone makes a badge? How often do you get them? I've never gotten one...

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
i played A Videogame!!! (on ps4)

yakuza kiwami is so similar to yakuza 0 i'm kind of bummed. kind of reminds me of like a standalone dlc thing like gat out of hell or some shit like that. like i was expecting to have a different moveset or for kabukicho to look more different. it also features the worst pacing ever but having played yakuza 0 i reckon that kind of comes with the territory. but maybe making you run three times to a konbini to get crap for the puppy was a bit much... i was getting some scary shenmue vibes here and ummm pls don't....

outside of that game's still as cool as ever, i still like these magically unaging characters with their intense mobster drama and the super wacky everything else

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
i played A Videogame!!! (on ps4)

yakuza kiwami is so similar to yakuza 0 i'm kind of bummed. kind of reminds me of like a standalone dlc thing like gat out of hell or some shit like that. l

That's exactly what it is, it's why it launched for 30€ instead of the usual 60€.
I think it's a pretty neat way to remake an older game in a cost-effective manner.

Same thing for Yakuza 6 <--> Kiwami 2

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Although I can't help you Tizoc, can I ask if you're talking about the mythical booster packs that Steam grants randomly whenever anyone makes a badge? How often do you get them? I've never gotten one...
I am currently Lvl. 47, so at least once a month, I'd get a random booster pack (or however the steam system does it).
2 of my recent boosters were for delisted games and I can't sell the cards! I can at least turn them to gems, but I'd rather get boosters for games STILL on the servers. I don't remember how I got those games, though I may have an inkling, but these'd be games I'd never touch since their of the 'reused assets' variety.

doctorcdcs

Oct 25, 2017
Campo Santo is now owned by Valve, right? Which means Firewatch is now Valve's IP, right?

I'm just wondering if I should pick up Firewatch during the sale or not, since things i've been planning to buy have started to pop up as freebies on EGS or as part of Twitch prime.

Or I did.. until I just bought it. Watch it pop up as part of some bundle now.

Status
Not open for further replies.