• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
They probably won't do the same on PC, cuz yeah, somebody would break that near instantly.

I'm not an expert and won't claim to be one, but I think if people can break denuvo by spoofing the phone home, they could break any such similar phone home or online activation/requirement just as easy.

As others have pointed out, it's really something Valve should be looking into rather than individual publishers. Some ideas posted already would probably work out quite a bit better than what we have currently. Such as leaving out the .exe, randomly encrypting only 10% of the files, leaving out other small files, etc...

So the unencrypted download is just to prevent crackers from having access to the unencrypted binaries prior to the release date? Wouldn't encrypting or withholding a single required file accomplish the same thing?

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
So the unencrypted download is just to prevent crackers from having access to the unencrypted binaries prior to the release date? Wouldn't encrypting or withholding a single required file accomplish the same thing?
Possibly, though it could make it easier to decrypt, but sometimes I think they do the whole package to avoid data mining as well

They could do a better job, But as others have stated I am glad it exists. I am just personally lucky to have 300mbs uncapped internet

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus @ Crackdown 3 having a 62 on metacritic.

Come on Microsoft. These are the type of scores you get for console launch titles.

Saty

Oct 27, 2017
Have nowhere else to ask, and it's certainly not about PC:

Does anyone have a save file for Uncharted 1 from the Collection on PS4? My game crashed and the save file got corrupted 8 chapters in..Is it even possible to exchange saves like that?

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
That largely depends on your internet speed. If you've a decent PC with an SSD and a connection of at least 250Mbps or so, then, yeah, wait for unlock o'clock. In my case, I have a 100Mbps connection and can generally decrypt at a rate of about 2GB per minute, so pre-loading is still helpful.
this is one of those things i have zero input in cos preordering is bad and expensive and i rarely do it these days #poverty #abolishRent #sendAllLandlordsToanIslandFilledWithHungryBears

sounds useful for peeps that do preorder then

i find i use very little features of steam but the one they're 100% the best at is regional pricing for my region and that's one i hope other stores would adopt before anything else

i used to like the friends activity and the screenshot and review features a lot but i've found myself really out of time or interest to keep on using them, and all the other crap like community guides or forums or streaming i very rarely interact with. and the mod stuff i just don't like as i instinctively feel it should be free outside of the universe of steam, specially since steam tried to sell them before. just feels icky to use

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
BasilZero thanks for the impressions, I feel that OG CoD would be too long for me and I don't really like WW2 settings or weapons :X

So I took a glance at the Top Selling games in my region and
eSEsMT3.jpg

Nice to see GE3 still among the top sellers at least.

Also I finished Ace Combat 7, good stuff. Although the later half of the game had some annoying missions, I did overall enjoy it and its soundtrack is ACE.
Some quickie screenshots I took
1AD49E6DDAC096A2744D1E7C34B4BBEFF70F9546
C9181F94A55ECE15CD64B5B4DBAD739B589785A3

8E32B923DC751F6200371F288B8DCCB9F5648F13
FDBDA8A01F28570AF09954EC16010CF7F67EBDB9

93F1812F09B38F30CFC444FD963603B8009DF96C

Stallion Free

Oct 29, 2017
Call of Duty 1 is actually pretty consistent with the series average. The campaigns usually take me sub-8 hours and COD1 definitely falls into that range on normal difficulty.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So, Flower was also put on EGS!

unknown.png
unknown.png

I guess developers should look at the price conventions in Steam/EGS more.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Far Cry New Dawn got pretty meh reviews. I really like how Opencritic digs in to reviews and associates whether a particular numerical review is a recommendation to play the game or not. 74 score, but only 55% recommended, vs. 81% recommended but only 8 point higher score for Far Cry 5.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Far Cry New Dawn got pretty meh reviews. I really like how Opencritic digs in to reviews and associates whether a particular numerical review is a recommendation to play the game or not. 74 score, but only 55% recommended, vs. 81% recommended but only 8 point higher score for Far Cry 5.
It's basically a reskinned Far Cry 5, not sure what anyone was expecting.

crimsonheadGCN

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clifton, NJ
I've dropped both State of Decay 2 and Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void in the last 3 days. I'm not really feeling either of them right now.

I guess I'll just wait till Crackdown 3 is released or play Enderal or GTAV.

Digoman

Oct 27, 2017
Getting the Game Pass deal to check the mess of Crackdown and take a look of how goes the Windows store...

Didn't start with a good impression as it refused to do search without me using a microsoft account on the windows logon (the store itself was logged in).

But at least this time it did download the game in the first try. Now to wait to see if actually runs it later.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Was this even announced for PC before?

Given the announcements they'd made, I'd thought all of Annapurna's games were going to be timed exclusives to the Epic Store for the time being, but apparently not?
was wondering this myself.

anyway, I recall someone saying that this was very unlikely to come to PC when I asked about it after the Journey announcement. can't remember who but glad they were wrong

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Aww man, I somehow seem to have a hit a bug with the new DLC for West of Loathing and am unable to get the best ending despite meeting the conditions for it ;_;

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Why the hell is the Windows Store download so slow? It says 6MB/s but it's actually like not even 1MB/s. It barely moves.

Had the same with Crack3 today, there was a third left, didn't download anything anymore, then suddenly installation was finished. So maybe it is unpacking in the background.

I feel like I am taking crazy pills! The windows store layout is so bad I cant find crackdown. Had to search for it but I found it.

Big banner on front page and Games tab here.

Last edited:

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus @ Crackdown 3 having a 62 on metacritic.

Come on Microsoft. These are the type of scores you get for console launch titles.

I find it hard to tell how much of this is Crackdown 3 being bad, and how much of it is the game having to bear the cross of a being a big exclusive game/being around so long.

From videos it basically looks like Saint Row 4 with better draw distance. (which makes sense really since SR4 was cribbing from Crackdown pretty hard)

Status
Not open for further replies.