• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
If you pre-order(ed) The Division 2 through Uplay, you're eligible to get Watch Dogs 2, GR Wildlands, or FC Primal for free.

https://thedivision2-freegameoffer.ubi.com/#/en-US

Pretty good deal if you combine it with 20% off using Uplay coins.

If you already own all three, you'll apparently get some kind of "special gift" come launch.

Solus

Oct 26, 2017
So I finally 'beat' Monster Hunter World. At least I beat 'Unknown'. It took me about a month, slightly over 50 hours. I did some co-op to grind for materials, but I solo'd most of it, at least all of the assignments.

Hardest boss for me was probably the wind elder dragon. Maybe it was because I brought a water-based weapon which wasn't very effective. Ended up beating him with only 25 secs left on the clock. I felt such a relief. I didn't think I was going to make it anymore. He basically engulfed the whole area with cyclones.
Anyway, I jumped right to rank 29 and now I have to beat two Bazelgeuse, which seems like hell. So I'm kind of losing interest at this point. Fatigue is setting in and I feel like trying something new.

Still enjoyed the game though, even if it's a little repetitive, lighter on content than I expected and has some archaic design stuck in there. And the image quality is awful.

Anyway, are there still things to look forward to? Like any cool unique content without having to invest a shitload of hours first to access it? I mean I suppose I can still try some different weapons, I just stuck with the long sword through the whole thing. I still feel like I haven't particularly mastered it yet and I don't know if I have the motivation left to learn any new ones.

I really liked the game, or I wouldn't have put 50+ hours into it, I guess I'm just wondering if I should keep at at it or if it's time to move on.

Last edited:

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally 'beat' Monster Hunter World. At least I beat 'Unknown'. It took me about a month, slightly over 50 hours. I did some co-op to grind for materials, but I solo'd most of it, at least all of the assignments.

Hardest boss for me was probably the wind elder dragon. Maybe it was because I brought a water-based weapon which wasn't very effective. Ended up beating him with only 25 secs left on the clock. I felt such a relief. I didn't think I was going to make it anymore. He basically engulfed the whole area with cyclones.
Anyway, I jumped right to rank 29 and now I have to beat two Bazelgeuse, which seems like hell. So I'm kind of losing interest at this point. Fatigue is setting in and I feel like trying something new.

Still enjoyed the game though, even if it's a little repetitive, lighter on content than I expected and has some archaic design stuck in there. And the image quality is awful.

Anyway, are there still things to look forward to? Like any cool unique content without having to invest a shitload of hours first to access it? I mean I suppose I can still try some different weapons, I just stuck with the long sword through the whole thing. I still feel like I haven't particularly mastered it yet and I don't know if I have the motivation left to learn any new ones.

I really liked the game, or I wouldn't have put 50+ hours into it, I guess I'm just wondering if I should keep at at it or if it's time to move on.

The double basel mission is very doable. I finished that one while somewhat inebriated with relative ease. Just dung bomb one of them. Multi-monster hunt targets have less health than usually, so really it's more like 1.5 rather than two.

Next up are event quests, Lunastra, Deviljho, Behemoth, and tempered elder dragons. Fun challenges overall (excluding Lunastra who just sucks). Having a maxed out and augmented armor set for the arch-tempered events is recommended.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Lunastara, Behemot, Kulve Siege, Deviljho and then you have tempered and arch tempered monsters.

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

There's a few things you can do without doing the Bazels assignment.

First, there's the Deviljho, Lunastra and FFXIV special assignments (the FFXIV ones, the later ones are too hard without a party, so I recommend using a SOS flare, though... the last one has a high failure rate even with a party).

Then there's the Kulve Taroth siege, you can access it in the gathering hub, but it's meant to be done in hubs with alot of people, since the different parties in the hub count towards the progress.
To run it, you should first search for online sessions that have kulve taroth as the target, join a session that has players in it, and either start the quest (which has a special entry in the gathering hub, instead of the usual list of quests) with an open party or join someone else's party.
There's different "pursuit levels", the higher the pursuit level (up to lvl 6), the easier the quest is to complete, but, during a session, it's worth running it once in a low pursuit level to complete objectives such as breaking parts and then run again in a higher pursuit level (at least lvl 3 or 4), to increase the number of rewards.

Also, Kulve Taroth is only available temporarily, currently she's available until next thursday. But she'll return in the future (usually available for 1 week or more during seasonal events).

Last edited:

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hm... So either I can get Division 2 from CDKeys for 45$ or I can get it directly from UPlay with 20% off including Wildlands of my choice for 54$.

Btw, if all expansion and content updated for Division 2 is free, what is actually in the year 1 pass?

Solus

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, thanks for the replies guys.

Guess there's a few more monsters to look forward to. I did Devilijho already, right before the elder dragons I think, but Kulve, Lunastra, Behemoth and the tempered are still new to me. So I guess I'll look for those later today.

Also thanks for the tip on the dung bombs for the two Bazelgeuses. I forgot about those, that should make it a lot easier. I joined a group for the Bazelgeuses once before, but everyone died rather quickly. I figured my equipment needed more upgrading first, but maybe the group just wasn't too great. Plenty of earlier fights that went smoother on my own than with a group too.

And if that doesn't excite me anymore I can still move on.

Thinking about it, there's still plenty in the game I have very little knowledge of. Even something as basic as food. So far I just bought the chef's plate before going on a mission, thinking I'll look more properly into it at a later point, but I never did.

Is there anything in the current event I should do or get before it's too late? I wanted to get that silly gala suit at first, I have enough tickets, but then I saw it also cost 5k research points, which is all I have. I guess I don't really want it after all. :)

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Hm... So either I can get Division 2 from CDKeys for 45$ or I can get it directly from UPlay with 20% off including Wildlands of my choice for 54$.

Btw, if all expansion and content updated for Division 2 is free, what is actually in the year 1 pass?

https://twitter.com/thedivisiongame/status/1032002766015750145

"The Year One Pass includes seven-day early access to all free Year One Episodes, exclusive customization items, additional activities, and more."

I opted for a discounted price. Paying almost half as much for early access and cosmetics wasn't worth it to me. Wonder what the additional activities are though. Supply drops? All major DLC is gonna be free in the standard version. But by the time it comes out, I wouldn't be surprised if the Y1 pass gets discounted anyway.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
How long for Bioware to reach EA's graveyard after Anthem reviews start to fly around?
JLGYWm9.png

Last edited:

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Frostpunk runs with 15fps in the late game on 2700x/ GTX1080/ 16GB 3200mhz DDR4. Settings: 1080p, recommended Nvidia Experience settings.
Why?

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
How long for Bioware to reach EA's graveyard after Anthem reviews start to fly around?
JLGYWm9.png
I don't get this fixation that BioWare must fail. Anthems seem to actually bring some nice gameplay ideas into this, and as with Apex Legends, it could garner a lot of interest and perhaps carve a space for itself.

Especially as a fan of old BioWare games, my current attitude towards the studio is profound indifference. I wish them well, as I do any dev out there, but I don't really care either way, and I'm certainly not looking forward for them to fail and be disolved, or to gloat if such a thing were to happen.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I don't get this fixation that BioWare must fail. Anthems seem to actually bring some nice gameplay ideas into this, and as with Apex Legends, it could garner a lot of interest and perhaps carve a space for itself.

Especially as a fan of old BioWare games, my current attitude towards the studio is profound indifference. I wish them well, as I do any dev out there, but I don't care either way, and I'm certainly not looking forward for them to fail and be disolved, or to gloat if such a thing were to happen.
"Bioware must fail" wtf?
I'm not wishing them to fail, but the state Anthem is will probably bury them, considering this was how, 5 or 6 years in the making? And the best they could to was provided an "ok" gameplay while literally everything else is sub-par. I don't even want to talk about how buggy the game is, but when you release a piece of software with loading times every two minutes of gameplay, bland story (once you were famous once to provide awesome story-driven rpgs) and in general something inferior to F2P games like Warframe, what do you expect?

Apex is a F2P game, how does it even fit with what you are discussing, what is your point? Apex is doing well because it's a good game with a good balance with free stuff you can unlock, but I can argue releasing Anthem at the same time of Apex Legends could be another dumb move from EA: if I'm enjoying my time with Apex, why should I spend money on Anthem? They are not similar since one is a battle royale while the other is a loot focused game, but both are multiplayer experience and if one is clearly well polished, fun and free why should I burn money on a product where there is a small amount of fun buried under a pile of non-working or boring stuff?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn Anthem OT is getting full of disappointed people and game is not even out officially. Best thing of all people are thanking EA for Origin Access XD

Sue me, I'm really enjoying Anthem (despite some really bad lag issues yesterday that weren't an issue Friday)

However I am also not trying to play the game 24 hours non stop and a lot of the complaints seem to stem from people finishing the story and then getting upset at endgame content.

There are also complaints about about load times, and granted the time it takes to load into a mission is longer than I'd like, but unless you are rushing hard through the game they aren't that big of a deal.

Also, mechanics wise it's a good template for an Iron Man game.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I never get this meme. Is a failure of a game leading to the closure of the studio something to be laughed at?
No? It's a meme about EA killing all their studios after purchasing them if they don't meet expectations, and since what EA does created a pattern that meme is sadly real. Are you trying to trying to transform two posts I did with good arguments and a dumb meme into yet another problematic post? Because in this thread stupid memes are posted all the times.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
No? It's a meme about EA killing all their studios after purchasing them if they don't meet expectations, and since what EA does created a pattern that meme is sadly real. Are you trying to trying to transform two posts I did with good arguments and a dumb meme into yet another problematic post? Because in this thread stupid memes are posted all the times.
Let's be real here, people are looking forward to the train-wrecks next week. Yes, looking forward, just like that meme suggests.

Unseen

Oct 28, 2017
Gah tired of having connection problems with my ISP but thankfully it doesn't block me out of my Steam library. Let's see if FEAR's shotgun holds up.

Last edited:

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Let's be real here, people are looking forward to the train-wrecks next week. Yes, looking forward, just like that meme suggests.
No, simply people expect a train wreck considering how the game was released? Would you be happy if this game is reviewed with 90+ scores? I don't think so because it wouldn't be fair to other good titles/company who put much effort into what they do. You also opened a thread about why it wasn't fair giving people the two weeks early access or something like that, at least that early access probably saved someone's money (and the 10 hours trial).

Nov 1, 2017

I see it as people just see the inevitable. They aren't wishing harm or things fail but if the game is just "meh" after so much hype/money/time it's kinda fair to joke about EA doing what they've done with other companies.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
No, simply people expect a train wreck considering how the game was released? Would you be happy if this game is reviewed with 90+ scores? I don't think so because it wouldn't be fair to other good titles/company who put much effort into what they do. You also opened a thread about why it wasn't fair giving people the two weeks early access or something like that, at least that early access probably saved someone's money (and the 10 hours trial).
That meme constitutes the death of Bioware, there's no other way around it. And people are using it as a tool for fun.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend anyone buying the game at launch. If you read my posts in the OT, I'm quite critical of the game as well. That said, I don't find this meme funny at all.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Gah tired of having connection problems with my ISP but thankfully it doesn't block me out of my Steam library. Let's see if FEAR's shotgun holds up.

I don't know what issues you're having, so if this is irrelevant sorry. But if you are having issues with connectivity, but your Steam library is still online and working, you may be having DNS outages. If this is what you are experiencing, try one of the free alternate DNS servers.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
"Bioware must fail" wtf?
I'm not wishing them to fail, but the state Anthem is will probably bury them, considering this was how, 5 or 6 years in the making? And the best they could to was provided an "ok" gameplay while literally everything else is sub-par. I don't even want to talk about how buggy the game is, but when you release a piece of software with loading times every two minutes of gameplay, bland story (once you were famous once to provide awesome story-driven rpgs) and in general something inferior to F2P games like Warframe, what do you expect?

Apex is a F2P game, how does it even fit with what you are discussing, what is your point? Apex is doing well because it's a good game with a good balance with free stuff you can unlock, but I can argue releasing Anthem at the same time of Apex Legends could be another dumb move from EA: if I'm enjoying my time with Apex, why should I spend money on Anthem? They are not similar since one is a battle royale while the other is a loot focused game, but both are multiplayer experience and if one is clearly well polished, fun and free why should I burn money on a product where there is a small amount of fun buried under a pile of non-working or boring stuff?
Maybe I came off as a bit too harsh. And you're making some good points. All these successful online games seem to be either entirely free, or rather cheap, so a full priced game, as Anthem seems to be is going to have a hard time.

I must admit, I don't really follow these different multiplayer experiences, they seem much the same to me, so that's why I brought up Apex. Still, it seems the real money is always made in getting a large player base, and monetizing it later.

ovrwx.gif

Congrats, Bernardo

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
JLGYWm9.png
I always thought this meme was meant to direct displeasure at EA alone and not Bioware or w/e studio was on the chopping block for the actions that led to a shutdown. At least that was how I always saw it. Unless stated by the person posting it, I never see it as someone wishing for the studio to close.

Honestly I have no idea what EA was thinking letting Bioware do a Gaas title in todays market. They are a single player RPG studio, they made some of the most iconic games in that genre, games that their fans still fondly remember and hope to see again in the future and up until 2 years ago they were still doing that. So with all that said idk how you then figure they would be perfect for a Gaas title in a post Destiny world.

Bioware say they intended to make this game for a while now and fair enough, I dont have any reason to doubt them but idk if Gaas was ever in their intentions though. Gass would have always be in EA's intentions. Maybe this was just a timing thing and this game started too early in development but got beat by Destiny to the punch and it was too late to change course to align more with what people come to expect from an action shooter MMO hybrid with Gaas.

We will never know and the specter of EA with always hang over Anthem and the design decisions they made with this game. I guess it is easy to just go for low hanging fruit of claiming EA forced Anthem to be a Gaas game but when their business model revolves so heavily around this stuff and to go so far as to come under political scrutiny for how they went about it then you'd be blind to not factor that in.

EA can't afford to get rid of Bioware, they just can't. If they did all they'd be left with is Dice and heck knows how long before they'll be gone to when they are the only studio you have not making your Fifas, Maddens, et al. Then you'll be back to the problem of asking a studio whose forte is not in a genre to then take a crack at it and failing or only fining middling success at best.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I love all of the side characters in Anthem (I also need to figure out how to improve the quality of these things)

anthem2019.02.16-17.36bk22.gif

anthem2019.02.16-16.5fqjhv.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.