• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Gosh, finally started playing Darksiders 2 (the remastered version, I refuse to write that stupid name u.u) and... It has been bumming me out.

Performance is ass, erratic frametimes and FPS drops no matter what settings, the lighting flickers depending of camera angle, the FOV is ass, the textures aren't something to write home about, there is some input lag (probably on my end though) and worstand pettiest complaint of all... Look, I like Jesper Kyd works but fucking hell, this one I'm not feeling, feels so subdued and repetitive.

I'm trying to power through it, see if my mind changes later on but... ooof though love. :/

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Well 1060 6 GB laptops are better to go for if possible since you can run most recent games better on it. 1050 Ti is fine for what you're asking for, but if you can get a 1060 6 GB it'd be better.

EDIT: oh and there's a laptop thread on Era
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gaming-laptop-discussion-thread.13860/page-36

Thank you man, I got the laptop I purchased from that link already but I appreciate you looking out for me.
Exclusively on PC and among the best games released last year (consoles included).

Oh these look sweet as hell thank you

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
With certain people having left Xseed and their relationship with Falcom having changed, I'm guessing we won't be seeing anymore modern ports to PC of their old title. A shame, I still really want a port of Brandish and Dinosaur Resurrection on Steam.

sprinkles

Oct 25, 2017
With certain people having left Xseed and their relationship with Falcom having changed, I'm guessing we won't be seeing anymore modern ports to PC of their old title. A shame, I still really want a port of Brandish and Dinosaur Resurrection on Steam.
Aside from the obvious ones (the two Crossbell Trails games) I would love go get a PC port for Brandish.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Don't be so pessimistic. Maybe NISA could take over that part of their business! *

* (albeit with horrendous translation and totally unstable ports that keep crashing, or show really strange issues that are never really fully addressed)

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England
Don't be so pessimistic. Maybe NISA could take over that part of their business! *

* (albeit with horrendous translation and totally unstable ports that keep crashing, or show really strange issues that are never really fully addressed)
NISA seem to have cut down on PC releases as well - I'd have expected a port for The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince otherwise, since we got both Yomawaris, htoL#NiQ and Rose in the Twilight.

(all of which were prefectly competent ports)

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Hades Documentary Part 2

They are not mentioning anything related to Epic Store unfortunately. I always hope that they will comment on how game is doing there. But from those two parts you can see that they watch Twitch streams a lot bot from what i can see on Twitch they are more-less only ones who watch those streams.

Also Sergey will talk about Epic Store next week

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
NISA seem to have cut down on PC releases as well - I'd have expected a port for The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince otherwise, since we got both Yomawaris, htoL#NiQ and Rose in the Twilight.

(all of which were prefectly competent ports)
Yeah, I actually enjoyed those games and their PC ports for them were perfectly fine. I could still see them doing very late port of them but it's clear they won't attempt same day releases anymore.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
Hades Documentary Part 2

They are not mentioning anything related to Epic Store unfortunately. I always hope that they will comment on how game is doing there. But from those two parts you can see that they watch Twitch streams a lot bot from what i can see on Twitch they are more-less only ones who watch those streams.

Also Sergey will talk about Epic Store next week

...they literally mentioned the challenges of being in a new store, showed how the store takes some time to propagate the patches...

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if CDkeys prices stay the same after the release day of a game?

Kinda having second thought on DMCV with it being so close to Sekiro. I don't want to get deep into that and then have to stop in a months time when Sekiro drops. If the port turns out to be good then I might be persuaded but not sure if CDkeys prices will hold.

Oct 25, 2017
Time to start shaming every single Undertale fan on this site, liking undertale is a kink. Those are the rules I just made up.

FTFY

InsidiousShamefulAlbatross-size_restricted.gif

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
ERA convinced me to get them, and I just beat both Kane and Lynch Dead Men and Kane and Lynch 2 Dog Days.
The first one had a slightly more interesting story, but felt janky as hell from a game play perspective. Enemies just standing in the open or running out of cover to get shot. Like if Michael Mann's Heat had been directed by Ed Wood. It also felt like it was stitched together and missing narrative bits that tie everything together. You're in LA, then Cuba, then Venezuela all to get 'The 7'. Okay... good thing the two leads are antiheroes that made it worth playing. Also, terrible squad controls.

Dog Days fixed all my gameplay issues with the first game AND made Kane and Lynch much more sympathetic and interesting, though the story is thinner. Like Michael Mann directing Heat as a found footage film. Some here complained about that shaky cam, but once I got used to it, I rather liked it. Except the helicopter sequence, fuck that. Camera stuck in the ceiling of the chopper... I'd like to know how the plane hijacking goes. gives me more, IO!

Overall, if the story in Dog Days wasn't so intrinsically tied to how these guys got on from Dead Men, I'd say skip it and just play Dog Days.
My year of backlog clearing continues

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Even weirder: Guilty Gear, and the Sonic Racing titles have all crashed on startup for some reason. Think I might reinstall my drivers or something.

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
For anyone who missed the thread on it: if you want to beg Atlus for more PC ports, here's your chance. Atlus player survey

I had to write in to request Etrian Odyssey on PC, so it's probably never happening. I can dream though.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
...they literally mentioned the challenges of being in a new store, showed how the store takes some time to propagate the patches...

That is nothing new or that different from Steam. All distribution platforms need some time to release patches. I meant more like are they satisfied with how game is selling or if their user base is growing after patches and things like that.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
That is nothing new or that different from Steam. All distribution platforms need some time to release patches. I meant more like are they satisfied with how game is selling or if their user base is growing after patches and things like that.
but then you're moving the goal posts, or need to be more specific. you said they didn't talk about anything related to the store, when they did. the fact it isn't incredibly specific about it, is irrelevant.
Given the fact that as soon as the early access ends, they'll publish on other stores, i think they're just focusing on the development of the game itself, so all we are going to see on sales, store, etc, will be stuff like "oh, were doing ok; oh that happened" etc

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I love how these surveys always ask you about how many games you buy a year and the highest option is "16 or more"

That's how much i buy in two months lol

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
but then you're moving the goal posts, or need to be more specific. you said they didn't talk about anything related to the store, when they did. the fact it isn't incredibly specific about it, is irrelevant.
Given the fact that as soon as the early access ends, they'll publish on other stores, i think they're just focusing on the development of the game itself, so all we are going to see on sales, store, etc, will be stuff like "oh, were doing ok; oh that happened" etc

I don't consider saying "We are waiting for Epic side to propagate" as talking about Epic Store. I guess that i just want to know if doing EA for they new title on brand new store is working for them. Because we don't have any data beside Twitch numbers, and those numbers are basically 0. They had rough time since Bastion so i am wondering if new approach was right thing to do.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Is the current Humble Monthly worth it? I can't tell. I paused last month with no regrets.
I've got so many other games to play.
Worth it for EDF alone. The game is awesome and it comes with all DLCs which are like 60€ on Steam alone.

I love how these surveys always ask you about how money games you buy a year and the hgihest option is "16 or more"

That's how much i buy in two months lol
Clearly those survey makers aren't understanding the PC space.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Steam link is only on local networks. This is new and seems to finally allow us to stream over the internet.
I don't consider saying "We are waiting for Epic side to propagate" as talking about Epic Store. I guess that i just want to know if doing EA for they new title on brand new store is working for them. Because we don't have any data beside Twitch numbers, and those numbers are basically 0. They had rough time since Bastion so i am wondering if new approach was right thing to do.
They probably got enough up-front money to satisfy development upkeep by Epic. Hopefully it is enough.

Oct 27, 2017
So there's an anime bundle on Fanatical

Fairy Fencer F, MegaTagmension Blanc vs Zombies and Dark Rose Valkyrie (isnt this one supposedly very bad?).

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Get on that deal, people. It's a good ass game. And don't forget to use the orchestrated music mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.