• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Also no preload of Metro Exodus on Steam, because Epic Store.

unknown.png

How low can they fall...

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
As expected this took me a fair bit longer than most people

Actual playtime was over 10 hours based on GTT. Enjoyed it a lot except with some frustration with the last boss

Felt like tyrant could touch you five feet past where his arm actually was, so it left a sour taste as it took me way too long to beat him. I was even killed twice trying to pick up the rocket launcher

The only restriction I put on myself was to not use first aid sprays, and apparently there is zero penalty for first aid sprays so that was really dumb of me and artificially lengthened the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Also the second game is directed by John Johanas (who did the DLC for the first game) instead of Shinji Mikami. So the Western vs. Eastern thing is quite literal.

Interesting because I HATED the DLC for the first one lol. Imo, I thought "The Marrow" and the villains were the weakest points of the game. I feel the open world approach was half-assed as there was barely anything to do/loot. It can kinda mess with your flow of the game too case I got the sniper and a few other guns early in the game because i went exploring.

Anyone got an Nvidia Shield?

They worth it?

Really depends on your setup and what you plan to do with it. I bought one during Black Friday and returned it a week later. It is a good device but a PC or a fire stick tv will work just fine.

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As expected this took me a fair bit longer than most people

Actual playtime was over 10 hours based on GTT. Enjoyed it a lot except with some frustration with the last boss

Felt like tyrant could touch you five feet past where his arm actually was, so it left a sour taste as it took me way too long to beat him. I was even killed twice trying to pick up the rocket launcher

The only restriction I put on myself was to not use first aid sprays, and apparently there is zero penalty for first aid sprays so that was really dumb of me and artificially lengthened the game.

Is the rating based on time alone? Because...

rPBea74.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I am REALLY tempted to pick up an Razer Blade Stealth from Best Buy today ($500 off currently). Would be nice to have something for dev work and travel. Currently I just use a fire tablet and my phone during travel lol.

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
First time playing Dark Souls. Any essential tips? I have no clue what is going on.
Also, should I use magic or just weapon and shield?

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
Has anybody had an issue where you are locked out of an account after attempting to purchase a game from Steam? I seem to be locked out of my account. I tried changing password, but it keeps failing.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody had an issue where you are locked out of an account after attempting to purchase a game from Steam? I seem to be locked out of my account. I tried changing password, but it keeps failing.
What do you mean trying a purchase? I had an issue where it wouldnt let me buy and then i got a message saying i was attempting too many purchases. People are complaining that they are also having trouble logging into steam.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

There are some server issues at the moment. Valve actually stopped banning/suspending accounts roughly seven years ago, when it implemented the restriction system (well, save for one extraordinary case).

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
I tried buying a game after logging into paypal, but the purchase didn't complete. So I logged off and tried to log back in, but it fails and I receive "incorrect login". Then I tried to change my password, but that process doesn't complete either.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
It turns out the Epic store actually just downloads the content via Steam's servers without Valve knowing in order to save money and Deep Silver wants to make sure the Epic keys get the first crack at it before opening the gates to the other Steam purchasers.

Epic Game Store, good for all devs except for Valve.

d00d3n

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Is it a good time to buy a new PC display at this time? My Acer z35 has served me well, but the relatively low resolution is starting to irritate me, especially after upgrading my TV to a Samsung Q9FN in October.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Uhhh.....thats it? No new features or anything? Whats the point....? lol
People like me that have only Evoland 2 get the first one for free, I guess.
Though I don't recommend the first one at all. I played through it yesterday and it's... really not good. At least it's short, but do yourself a favor and just play the much much much much more superior Evoland 2 instead, which is legitimately great.

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
Now it says I have too many login failures. I also received a delayed email that my password changed successfully. How much time usually needs to pass before it'll let me login again after receiving that too many login failures message?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
People like me that have only Evoland 2 get the first one for free, I guess.
Though I don't recommend the first one at all. I played through it yesterday and it's... really not good. At least it's short, but do yourself a favor and just play the much much much much more superior Evoland 2 instead, which is legitimately great.

Ooooh

I thought you had to have both the games to get this edition.

Nvm then....well...now i have 3 Evoland games in my library...lol.

I already finished Evoland 1 before the 2nd came out.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Random question I've had about RTX / Raytracing:

Is the RTX technology open source? Is AMD allowed to use it? What I mean is, when AMD releases a ray-tracing capable card, will users of that card be able to enable ray-tracing in existing RTX-enabled games? Just curious.

If not, how will games support ray tracing on both AMD and Nvidia hardware when the time comes?

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
First Evoland is basically a nostalgia gimmick wrapped in a gamelike package. You'll probably get a few 'hah, that's amusing' from it, but as a game it sucks, especially at the very end.

I still need to play the second one, I'm glad they made it an actual game beyond just the gimmick.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
First Evoland is basically a nostalgia gimmick wrapped in a gamelike package. You'll probably get a few 'hah, that's amusing' from it, but as a game it sucks, especially at the very end.

I still need to play the second one, I'm glad they made it an actual game beyond just the gimmick.

The second one is really good, a vast improvement

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

Is the RTX technology open source? Is AMD allowed to use it? What I mean is, when AMD releases a ray-tracing capable card, will users of that card be able to enable ray-tracing in existing RTX-enabled games? Just curious.

If not, how will games support ray tracing on both AMD and Nvidia hardware when the time comes?

RTX is simply Nvidias branding. AMD will call it something else.

DirectX Raytracing (DXR) is open standard API that even AMD is free to support, and games using that would then work on both.

If games were to use something else, it could be more complicated for AMD to support.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
How are the achievements in the second one? Like the sucker that I am, I'm thinking I should 100% the original release and then in the future do the same for the legendary edition versions of both games.

Easy following a guide (cause it requires collecting some hidden cards), there's one in particular that requires some grinding (think like fighting one hour straight unless you find a better method than me).

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
My list for now

z68ZMkG.png

I will go through my wishlist once again tomorrow to see if this is final list :D

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
It looks like I can login again, but my password wasn't changed despite the email confirmation.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017

IIRC, there's some Nvidia open source stuff for Vulkan, but I haven't seen that in a while.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
In Evil Within 1, you don't know what's going on. You keep getting teleported from place to place. You're often thrust into unique situations, like running from the butcher at the beginning, or turning off the gas valves while Cage Head chases you, or being sent back into the church yard to get Oda's glasses. The game expects you to meet it on its own terms, making few concessions for your comfort.

In Evil Within 2, the story is presented in a more straightforward manner. You can (sometimes) see locations you'll visit later in the distance. Areas (sometimes) connect logically. Enemies can be tackled in a more consistent manner; stealth killing is more viable. Sebastian feels more capable overall. Boss fights are more traditional. There is a small amount of open world content, more things to collect. A few NPCs have dialogue trees to go through. The framework of the game is more familiar, more comfortable.

Also the second game is directed by John Johanas (who did the DLC for the first game) instead of Shinji Mikami. So the Western vs. Eastern thing is quite literal.

Overall people seem to strongly prefer one game over the other. I think both have a lot to offer; Evil Within 1 is more unique and nightmarish, but I personally find that Evil Within 2 plays a bit better, has better environmental variety, fewer "horde encounters" and fewer instant death traps.
hmm alright, i get what you're saying

i do think a big draw of 1 for me was the weirdness of it, so having a more grounded game sounds less appealing even if they smoothed out all of the frustrating edges from 1 (of which there were more than a few)

EW2 is a solid game, but felt more bland for sure. The whole family aspect just doesn't work. The concept really only worked in 1 because there was a mystery to explore, you were finding out about the villain and whatnot. 2's villains don't work nearly as well, and the focus is mainly on Sebastian, who is just a boring lead.

Should have been a standalone story instead of dealing with Umbrella Stand In is doing with the tech. Maybe have had it adapted for use by police forces to dive into a new weirdo's mind. These games never do well with their overarching stories.
i have really bad memory for plot so for me as long as the game entertains me i'm ok. like i don't even remember what happened in the first one other than some weird brain inception thing and i'm cool with that being as deep it gets

It's better than the first IMHO but maybe that's not concensus. Not as unsettling (first one creeped me out good), better stealth opportunities. The open areas are really good, and it's not as interesting when it turns into corridors.
hmm interesting. they're really good in which way?

That's exactly what it is, it's why it launched for 30€ instead of the usual 60€.
I think it's a pretty neat way to remake an older game in a cost-effective manner.

Same thing for Yakuza 6 <--> Kiwami 2
yeah i just think it feels awkward, like it's not a full game

like idk some small details like not having those "style" multipliers on the money you earn from fights (and also not having the awesome money flying vfx) feels like they stripped features off, but also they recycled a bit too much

like i'm seeing there's gonna be a rc car minigame and this again is uhhhh

Hence why I am skipping it and waiting for Kiwami 2. I played the original anyway so I don't feel like picking it up even though I can't recall a single thing about it but I am skipping it more so to do with the fact of not wanting burnout. As much as I like the games there is only so much I can stomach.
yeah that's probably right if you played 1. i read they changed/improved some things but idk how much they matter. i've watched some cutscenes from the first one on youtube to check out the differences with the remake and it's pretty impressive how faithful it is

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
hmm interesting. they're really good in which way

Well it gives you a wide creepy area to explore and do quests in. You can see monsters from far away and have to figure out how to deal with them instead of just walking into a room and getting jump scared. If you get spotted by one monster they will alert others so it remains tense and feels dangerous. You can go in houses and stuff and explore for optional rewards/story.

If they had managed to make the whole game open world it would have been really impressive.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
i do think a big draw of 1 for me was the weirdness of it, so having a more grounded game sounds less appealing even if they smoothed out all of the frustrating edges from 1 (of which there were more than a few)

While mechanically a bit more "normal," EW2 is still very weird conceptually. (Great visuals all over the place, too)

pwrSefk.jpg

low-G

Oct 25, 2017

As others have stated, there are Vulcan extensions and a API interface for DirectX (DXR).

However, there is also 'RTX' via Nvidia's own APIs. The raytracing denoising acceleration is a RTX feature, meaning a developer specifically has to use Nvidia's APIs to enable that. Raytracing can be (and currently is exclusively) denoised without using the Tensor cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.