• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Yakuza 0 last night. The game ended the way it started, with a crazy gauntlet complete with big bad boss guy at the end except for Majima who had to fight 2 big bad boss guys!

Definitely enjoyed my time with the game but it did not always go that way throughout my 110hrs in the game. Because I did not do the realty and cabaret mission in the game early on, I struggled to unlock my skill tree which had a adverse impact on my enjoyment of the game. I made the mistake of thinking the game would just naturally give me the funds to upgrade my character but that really was not the case when you got deeper into the skill trees.

I pretty much dropped the game from Nov to Dec and only picking it up near the end of Jan before bursting through it this month really. It was not until I got to chapter 10 or 11 that I decided to knuckle down and do the side job questline and complete it in one shot that I was finally making progress unlocking more moves which made the combat more and more enjoyable.

I know people say the combat is repetitive but I really, really enjoyed it; The simplicity of the combat mixed with the sheer brutality on display at times just sold me from the beginning and I never found it a chore. It is not the deepest combat system but it is solid. The kind that will reward you well enough for trying to go beyond the surface level and dig a bit deeper if you want and to me that is good enough. No looking for Ninja Gaiden here.

Having said that I have to admit, I never took to Majima at all. His combat style really did not click with me and because of this I never did much of his combat related side activities. In fact the reason I even completed the game last night was I spent about 10hrs with Kiryu finishing up his shit and then I got to Majima but I was not feeling up to it anymore. The plan was to keep farming Mr.Shakedown and then maybe do the arena and equipment searches but after a couple of bouts I was like "Nah...Im good." There was a brief period where I thought I was getting the hang of him but it really did not last. I found Kiryu so much better and his combat flow was much more natural compared to Majima's.

I ended up doing about 80% of the game but left some side stories and much of the quests related to random businesses undone. I only really 100% the realty and cabaret stuff now that I think about it. The writing in the side quests was weird. Here you have a dark, criminal underworld conspiracy with crazy characters and the side missions are like Nickelodeon level or worse.....so bizarre. I don't think I cared for any of the side stories except for a handful...that I can't recall. Yeah, not the biggest fan of that aspect of the game.

Speaking of writing, I thought the main quest was really well done if unsurprisingly predictable in spots. I really did not expect to be as engaged with it as I ended up being. I think predictable story is fine if you have great characters and performances to go with it and this game has that is spades. The part that struck out to me the most was:
The scene where Makoto finally met her brother.
They could have killed this part if they went too melodramatic but they played it just right and sold it. I legit had a tear run down my face at the part and I was sure as hell not expecting that to happen.

I thought at the end it ended up being a Majima prequel more so that a Kiryu one. Feels like Kiryu has Yakuza 1 where he really starts his story but this is the game where we see the Majima that becomes the one we will see in the future. I think the whole Majima story is supposed to be a sad one? Makoto does say she sensed a sadness in his eyes at the end. Idk, this is a guy who repressed his trueself to get back in with the clan but in the end he did not seem like he found any happiness while Kiryu's story wrapped up neatly for him to not only get back in with the Yakuza but not have any baggage that he will have to carry until later on.

Oh boy, that was a wall of text. Sorry, did not expect to have so much to say about this game but I really did not expect to be this connected to the game as I ended up being. When people say this game has charm I get what they mean now. It is not the most amazing game ever but it does leave a mark on you.

If Yakuza Kiwami 2 got relased today I think I would buy it no question. Maybe it won't be my main game I play (not with 2 massive games coming out next month) but it would be something I'd try to make the time for just to go back into this crazy and wonderful world again.

What timing lol!

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I have 8700K so it should work :D But i will try with dedicated GPU first :D But tnx for the info.
I am curious if dgvoodoo could resolve this endgame crashing issue.
The game is neat, and hearing the late Alan Young repraise Scrooge was heartwarming for me.
The game is solid and a nice variation on the original game
esp. with the bosses as they were pretty simplistic in the first game.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
07b9b78a-0e95-49f3-86s9jsk.png

BptVE1JIEAAA3dT.jpg

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
But wasn't it PQube that did the localization? Sure, Spije shouldve fixed it in the Steam release but PQube mustve seen it too. Yet they decided to release it.

PQube published, yeah, but Mages does the actual translation. I know for a fact that PQube wanted things fixed but were waiting on Mages to actually, well, fix things.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I am curious if dgvoodoo could resolve this endgame crashing issue.
The game is neat, and hearing the late Alan Young repraise Scrooge was heartwarming for me.
The game is solid and a nice variation on the original game
esp. with the bosses as they were pretty simplistic in the first game.

I wanted to get it since day 1 but for some reason I delayed my purchase.

Interesting

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Can't stand playing RDR2 on PS4 Pro, I just can't fathom how bad it is.

Just release it on PC you doofuses. NO ONE will purchase RDR2 twice, geez.

I'm returning it so I'm not part of the problem!

Ryan_09

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Fort Wayne, IN, USA
Only my OS is on my OS drive, no games. Steam client is though. I don't remember which drive I put the pagefile on, but just it wasn't the OS one lol
Thanks again for the advice! Unfortunately, it didn't work. :(

Have you tried switching USB-port, or using the same mouse on another PC? What DPI settings have you tried?

Instinctively, it sounds like an issue with the polling rate to me. You can test this on a basic level through something like Mouse Movement Recorder from the MarkC fix, which is available here. You can download the zip, extract the MouseMovementRecorder.exe and run it. Make sure to disable enhanced pointer precision in Windows, and then just move around the mouse without touching any edges or corners of the screen. Move it at different speeds. Are you seeing any red/green values and what kind of frequencies are you seeing?

Edit: You can also check your average polling rate through a webtool, which might work just as well as the MMR honestly: https://zowie.benq.com/en/support/mouse-rate-checker.html

If you're using the webtool and move the mouse at a constant speed, what kind of frequencies are you seeing?
Thanks for the response! I've tried my front and back USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports, both wireless and wired. No luck. Did them all again just now to be sure. I currently don't have access to another gaming PC at the time, but I do plan on checking my mouse on my brother's gaming PC with the same games when I get a chance.

I've tried a variety of DPI settings from 50 to 12000. My current set-up through the Logitech G Hub is 50, 1000, 2000 (my default), 6000, and 12000; those were all also the DPIs I tested more often, but I've also tried DPIs between 3000 and 5000. I also tried different combinations of DPI with different report rates. I tried 125, 250, 500, and 1000. None of them made a difference. The lowest in-game mouse sensitivities somewhat helped independent of the DPI setting, but then the games were impossible to play due to how slow they are. Jitter was still there, just less of it.
Just tried the webtool with my four report rate options in the Logitech G Hub.
-125 showed frequencies mostly at 124 with the occasional 125 and 128.
-250 showed frequencies mostly at 250, with dips to 248 and sometimes hitting 252.
-500 showed frequencies mostly between 496 and 512, but has some dips into ~380.
-1000 showed frequencies mostly between 960 and 980, but often reach 1024. Did not see any significant drops.
-slower movements across all of my report rates seemed to scale relatively well.

Also just looked up the best quality let's plays of the major-problem games on YouTube, they seem pretty jittery too, although not quite as bad as it looks on my rig. Maybe I'm overreacting? Maybe I'm hyper-sensitive to stutter? Maybe those games are just junk ports? I've been out PC gaming for awhile, so now I'm starting to wonder if it's just me and that's just how PC gaming is. I'd at least be happy with that answer. lol

Thanks again though!

Oct 25, 2017
Soulcalibur VI is quite fun and well-made, don't get me wrong, but it also kinda makes me want to play Tekken 7 instead, and I don't know how to feel about that.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Are there any Baby Mode mods to make the combat in 0 less difficult and frequent?

I'd rather play tourist mode through the game as I understand that the combat encounters can become quite tedious.

I'm not talking about eliminating it completely, but I'd rather experience the very interesting landscape rather than button-mash my way through.

There are in-game items that reduce the frequency of combat encounters.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any Baby Mode mods to make the combat in 0 less difficult and frequent?

I'd rather play tourist mode through the game as I understand that the combat encounters can become quite tedious.

I'm not talking about eliminating it completely, but I'd rather experience the very interesting landscape rather than button-mash my way through.
Cheat Engine

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
GMG VIP is selling Bioshock the Collection for 12 dollars for the next 24 hours. I know that many dislike the Collection because of all the problems it added to the games but I can't resist at that price! Will definitely be buying it later today!

Though I still don't get why Bioshock Infinite didn't get the same treatment on PC.

Oct 25, 2017
GMG VIP is selling Bioshock the Collection for 12 dollars for the next 24 hours. I know that many dislike the Collection because of all the problems it added to the games but I can't resist at that price! Will definitely be buying it later today!

Though I still don't get why Bioshock Infinite didn't get the same treatment on PC.

At any rate, it also includes the original PC versions.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
ha I know. Looking at a 2080 right now....about $1000CAD after tax, 2070 is like $700 or so. But I am upgrading from a 970. The new 1660 looks to be a lot cheaper but also much lower performance.

Yeah I'm on 970 too. 2080 is here about 800€ or $1200 CAD. Bit too expensive for my taste. :(

Fairly sure it comes with original versions too. So you'll have both.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Noooo, if all my 970 sis/bros start upgrading, then I'm going to be forced to upgrade.

I just bit the bullet and got another SSD. Got tired of having to uninstall a large game to play another large game, and it doesn't look like games want to get any smaller.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

Is the Infinite in the collection on console any different compared to the initial PC version?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Okay yeah the PC version of the Collection does NOT have Bioshock Infinite Remastered because according to the devs it didn't need it.
"BioShock Infinite is not being remastered on PC because it already meets current-gen console standards and runs smoothly on high visual settings,"

Status
Not open for further replies.