• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
That's good to know, though looking online it appears the 1060 is 45 watts higher than the 1050 ti and I would assume my current setup is pretty close to the 310w limit?

I apologize for the questions as my pc knowledge is somewhat limited in areas like this.

Many grossly overestimate how much power a PC needs and buy PSUs that are 2-3x as powerful as they need. Your PC probably stays below 200W under load with that 1050Ti. Personally I wouldn't max out PSUs in pre-builds like that but there should be ~100W headroom right now (you'd need to measure it to be sure but forget about the numbers from manufacturers since they add a huge buffer on top of the real power draw, playing it safe).

Also consider upgrading that RAM to 16GB, prices are dropping.

Last edited:

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
Many grossly overestimate how much power a PC needs and buy PSUs that are 2-3x as powerful as they need. Your PC probably stays below 200W under load with that 1050Ti. Personally I wouldn't max out PSUs in pre-builds like that but there should be ~100W headroom right now (you'd need to measure it to be sure but forget about the numbers from manufacturers since they add a huge buffer on top of the real power draw, playing it safe).

Also consider upgrading that RAM to 16GB, prices are dropping.
Is there a program or site that measures the actual power load vs the recommended ones? Every power consumption calculator site seems to give me anywhere between 340-345W load wattage numbers with a 1060 and are recommending a 390W PSU...

I was actually in the process of buying a 8gb ram stick before I wondered what my PSU upgrade possibilities could be before running into this problem lmao

Toadofsky

User requested ban
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
Is 32gb necessary for 1440p gaming or 4K? Or is that still up to the capabilities of the CPU and graphics card? I've got a gt1060 6GB and honestly the games I play don't push the graphics that hard.

I'd assume the older games I tend to lean towards that can go up to 4K resolution could still be played on my 1060.

It's also gonna be a awhile before I upgrade so I may just get a new GPU when the time comes

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Is 32gb necessary for 1440p gaming or 4K? Or is that still up to the capabilities of the CPU and graphics card? I've got a gt1060 6GB and honestly the games I play don't push the graphics that hard.

I'd assume the older games I tend to lean towards that can go up to 4K resolution could still be played on my 1060.

It's also gonna be a awhile before I upgrade so I may just get a new GPU when the time comes
No 32gb isn't necessary

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Better safe than sorry, sometimes low quality power supplies can't even handle what they're advertised for.
I wouldn't advise someone to push their luck with something like a pre-built PC power supply.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
SoulCalibur VI finished downloading and I tried it out. Wow so far so good! I'm really happy!

And apparently the graphics are set to maximum already without me changing anything!

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna spend stupid amounts of money on dumb rgb pc parts I don't need once Ice Lake desktop cpus drop, can't wait.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Am having a few days off and noticed Darksiders 3 was on CDkeys daily deal, I thought that was a sign.
Few hours later and I am kinda disappointed, nothing bad, but backlog is too big for me waste time on average games with meh performance.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Someone should ask him if he's willing to commit to public record an assurance that the cut will not be increased in the future to compensate for changes such as absorbing payment processing fees.

He has already said that the only way to operate in those poorer countries was to push payment processor fees onto the users.

I am pretty sure they are the only major store to do so, Steam, Uplay and etc only charge people for those payment proceessors that directly stiuplate that consumers have to be charged the fee.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Wait how does the dualshock work without ds4windows? When i plug it in without it the light never turns on.

Ds4w is actually very buggy for me, I have to remove the dualshock controller everytime I turn on my pc and unplug/plug it back so it installs again, its quite annoying.

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
Did anyone use the latest ReShade with the beta patch of Yakuza 0 and can confirm whether it's working or not? It seems broken, at least on my rig. None of my shaders are working and Shift + F2 didn't trigger the control panel either.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
He has already said that the only way to operate in those poorer countries was to push payment processor fees onto the users.

Yeah, I know. The amusing thing about that reasoning is that it's not just users in developing countries who are being hit with the fees, so it's rather obvious that if Epic were to absorb them in the interest of securing price parity, which is no doubt inevitable, it'll have to increase its cut. But Sweeney isn't going to admit that.

I am pretty sure they are the only major store to do so, Steam, Uplay and etc only charge people for those payment proceessors that directly stiuplate that consumers have to be charged the fee.

Someone pointed this out to Galyonkin and he responded by saying Valve charges payment proceeding fees, too, but he left out the part about how that applies only to a single, region-specific payment method and isn't general policy.

Last edited:

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know. The amusing thing about that reasoning is that it's not just users in "poor" countries who are being hit with the fees, so it's rather obvious that if Epic were to absorb them in the interest of securing price parity, which is no doubt inevitable, it'll have to increase its cut. But Sweeney isn't going to admit that.

The real brain twister is that he then said that they were just a small portion of payments made on the epic store so the additional payments don't matter that much.

But then that begs the question, if the payments are so few, why do poorer countries need to pay them? He is trying ot talk out of both sides to make excuses for this.

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
They're selling the same model with the same PSU (which has a Gold rating so I can't be total crap) with a 1060.
Personally I still wouldn't risk it, if there's anything a PC user shouldn't skimp on, it's the power supply. But to each their own, I guess.

Many grossly overestimate how much power a PC needs and buy PSUs that are 2-3x as powerful as they need.
May as well reply to this with my own experience. My current power supply is rated 650W, alot more than what my PC needs (i7 9700K, GTX 1060 6GB, soon upgrading to the 1660 Ti), but I didn't get this PSU because of the rated wattage, I got it because it has a good reputation (Seasonic Focus+ Gold, I didn't go for the 550W version only because it wasn't available though).

Last edited:

Hereafter

Dec 13, 2017
Wait how does the dualshock work without ds4windows? When i plug it in without it the light never turns on.

Ds4w is actually very buggy for me, I have to remove the dualshock controller everytime I turn on my pc and unplug/plug it back so it installs again, its quite annoying.

It's pretty much plug and play. I just paired it to the PC via Bluetooth. If you want to configure it, you can go to Steam BPM and configured it.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I've heard that there are ways to make SoulCalibur VI look a bit nicer with the backgrounds? What do I do?

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I will say this about Soulcalibur VI, going through Libra of Souls is highly amusing when everyone is saying that there's something slightly off about you and your player character is a blue skeleton.

Don't fucking avatar quote me

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017

Just enable Playstation support in Steam Settings > Controllers. I haven't used DS4Windows since Steam released DS4 support.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I use DS4 windows mainly for the gyro support in CEMU these days.

crimsonheadGCN

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clifton, NJ
For anyone that wanted to play Crackdown 3, there seems to be a deal for gamepass that is $2.00 for 2 months and the deal lasts for 10 days. I was offered it when I went to resubscribe.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember if it was this bad in the original, but it is bugging me that things that happen in Claire B make no sense after Leon A. I know it's stupid but I guess in this day and age I expect them to try a little harder.

Example:

Leon's desk is locked for both characters. One of the people should have gotten there first. There's tons of examples like this. I mean, technically William Birkin could have healed and climbed back up after getting shot by either Leon or Claire, and someone somehow could have pulled the ladder up and retracted the bridge...but you get the idea.

I know it's dumb, but they actually handled a few cases like this in the original.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
i hear that. i finally caved when the 8700K came out, it had been something like 8 years since a build.
Yeah I'm on a 3570k oc-ed to 4.6ghz.

Want my next build to be really nice. Gonna get a full watercooling loop from EKWB, some nasty rgb ram either dominator or vengeance and whatever version of asus maximus formula supports Ice Lake. 1tb nvme ssd.

Already have a 750d so I'll just buy a new i/o panel that has usb-c. Gonna remove the acrylic window on the side, cut off the mounting hanger thingies that hold it in place, sand it down and get an actual clear glass window.

Not sure what I'm gonna do about the PSU.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember if it was this bad in the original, but it is bugging me that things that happen in Claire B make no sense after Leon A. I know it's stupid but I guess in this day and age I expect them to try a little harder.

Example:

Leon's desk is locked for both characters. One of the people should have gotten there first. There's tons of examples like this. I mean, technically William Birkin could have healed and climbed back up after getting shot by either Leon or Claire, and someone somehow could have pulled the ladder up and retracted the bridge...but you get the idea.

I know it's dumb, but they actually handled a few cases like this in the original.

Route B is like that for 80 percent of the game.

For all the hubbub about that IGN guy missing "half" the game, the differences are really pretty meager.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, when did Apex Legends overtake Fortnite? Is it gonna last? Is the Origins Store exclusives the next thing to worry about?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Route B is like that for 80 percent of the game.

For all the hubbub about that IGN guy missing "half" the game, the differences are really pretty meager.

I'm kind of curious how Claire A works now. I assume it is not Leon A with Claire swapped in.

Wow, when did Apex Legends overtake Fortnite? Is it gonna last? Is the Origins Store exclusives the next thing to worry about?

You mean like Anthem?

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'd bet it ends up hurting PUBG more than Fortnite. A lot of the big PUBG streamers that didn't make the switch to Fornite seem to be going to Apex, at least for now.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'd bet it ends up hurting PUBG more than Fortnite. A lot of the big PUBG streamers that didn't make the switch to Fornite seem to be going to Apex, at least for now.

That would be surprising to me. The aesthetic seems closer to Fortnites than PUBG's, or at least I would think it would be more appealing to that player base.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see EA doing what Epic's been doing. EA has enough output to make Origin appealing on their own. Epic has cancelled basically everything else to work on Fortnite BR. EA is a publisher with a lot of devs. Epic is a dev.

That would be surprising to me. The aesthetic seems closer to Fortnites than PUBG's, or at least I would think it would be more appealing to that player base.
Yeah.... No.

Status
Not open for further replies.