• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That would be surprising to me. The aesthetic seems closer to Fortnites than PUBG's, or at least I would think it would be more appealing to that player base.

Outside of the hero powers I'm not sure I agree. Am I'm not sure aesthetic really matters all that much for this genre anyway, at least maybe outside of maybe the younger audience.

It's a game that gets more down to brass tacks, no building or anything, and has a higher skill floor (especially when it comes to the fact you have to play in a squad). It's getting attention from a lot of the folks that stuck to PUBG because Fortnite was too "casual" or hated the building aspects.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite has intentionally bad gunplay to lower the skill ceiling.

Apex has gunplay more similar to that of Blackout and PUBG.

Oh I meant on a more shallow aesthetic level. Apex seems a little closer to the cartoony Fortnite than to the realist look of PUBG. I rather like the balance it has struck visually without looking like an ARMA mod.

Though sredgrin is probably right

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I just built my first gaming PC and my first time using a keyboard and mouse for a shooter. Got an i5 9600k and a RTX 2060. So far I keep trying to play Apex legends but I can't get in a match for more than a few minutes without the game crashing. Any help?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
How come there were no
spiders in the sewers
in RE2. That is one of my enduring memories of the original.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I just built my first gaming PC and my first time using a keyboard and mouse for a shooter. Got an i5 9600k and a RTX 2060. So far I keep trying to play Apex legends but I can't get in a match for more than a few minutes without the game crashing. Any help?

Do a ddu driver uninstall and reinstall clean Nvidia drivers. Take off any oc you have if any on CPU and GPU. Restart OC process if desired CPU first and then GPU to see if one oc was cause of instability. Run your ram at stock speed as well as it's probably not worth ocing with an Intel CPU. You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling Apex if the above doesn't help. I run a 4.9ghz 8700k and a 1600/1050 Vega 64 and the game runs great if that helps at all.

If you're still having issues it's possibly a PSU issue. What kind of PSU are you running? I was having a lot of crashing issues (but more of the hard restart type of crash) and I swapped out old 850w bronze PSU for a new 1000w gold, and my problems went away. With a 2060 and 9600k if you are ocing you probably want like a 750w gold. If not ocing probably fine with like a 500w gold. Reason is an OCd 2060 and 9600k will probably pull 300w or so by themselves, and you should really only run a PSU at 50% or so ultilization.

Last edited:

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have any feedback regarding a speaker and amp? I haven't gotten a response from the Audiophile thread.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Do a ddu driver uninstall and reinstall clean Nvidia drivers. Take off any oc you have if any on CPU and GPU. Restart OC process if desired CPU first and then GPU to see if one oc was cause of instability. Run your ram at stock speed as well as it's probably not worth ocing with an Intel CPU.

Everything is a stock speed, Will try to uninstall and reinstall you drivers

PSU is an EVGA 750 gold brand new, haven't over locked anything yet. Wanted to try it out more before I delved into that

Last edited:

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
What do you need an amp for and what do you mean by "speaker" ?

Sorry for the lack of details. I have ordered the Micca MB42x speakers, and need an amp since they are a passive speakers. I also want to get a subwoofer in the future, but not sure what amp to get that can both connect a subwoofer with speakers, and have enough power for both. I am looking at the Dayton Sub 1000 subwoofer, and can't find an amp. I can give more information if needed.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the lack of details. I have ordered the Micca MB42x speakers, and need an amp since they are a passive speakers. I also want to get a subwoofer in the future, but not sure what amp to get that can both connect a subwoofer with speakers, and have enough power for both. I am looking at the Dayton Sub 1000 subwoofer, and can't find an amp. I can give more information if needed.

This may help:

https://www.amazon.com/slp/amplifier-with-subwoofer-output-for-home/bahfb52qauu55da

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just did a driver reinstall and tried paladins, crashed again

Hmm. Try running GPU z with logging enabled. See what the error reporting is on the GPU. It's possible you have a defective GPU that's crashing at stock settings at load. Trying to boost but it can't so it crashes. What are your CPU and GPU temps? If the GPU is getting too hot you may be able to remedy by adjusting fan curve, but you really shouldn't have to do that at stock so you might be in for a return/rma.

Also what kind of PSU are you running? Wattage and rating.

Can you run firestrike or timespy? Download 3dmark demo off steam. If it can get through those with no crash then it gets trickier lol.

Seems like a GPU issue but it's worth trying to isolate if it's maybe cpu. Download Intel extreme tuning utility and run the stress test for 5 minutes. If your system crashes or hangs could be a cpu issue.

Basically we just want to isolate if GPU, CPU, or PSU issue. Could also be ram but that's harder to figure out and the last thing I'd check with memtest for errors/crashes. Seems like a GPU issue given games are crashing. Any other instabilty/system hangs you've noticed or complete hard restart crashes when not gaming?

Last edited:

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I don't remember if it was this bad in the original, but it is bugging me that things that happen in Claire B make no sense after Leon A. I know it's stupid but I guess in this day and age I expect them to try a little harder.

Example:

Leon's desk is locked for both characters. One of the people should have gotten there first. There's tons of examples like this. I mean, technically William Birkin could have healed and climbed back up after getting shot by either Leon or Claire, and someone somehow could have pulled the ladder up and retracted the bridge...but you get the idea.

I know it's dumb, but they actually handled a few cases like this in the original.
There should be a DLC where you play some random guy who happen to constantly undo progress of one protagonist by sheer luck.

Last edited:

Hereafter

Dec 13, 2017

Since it's your first build. can you take a picture so we can be sure all the cables are correctly inserted? I read stories of people using only 1 8pin power cable instead of 6+8 and getting random crashes under stress. This is also true for stuff like RAM, where it might not be inserted properly.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Playing Prey and Deus Ex MD, and it's associated DLCs, as well as Dishonored series, I feel like Dishonored and Prey / Deus EX DLCs have the right idea with how they dole out powers. In most of these games you start off having the specialize but provided you're a gamer that explores, chances are you're gonna end up with a crazy amount of skill points to unlock way too many of the abilities. So you end up being able to access nearly every route and opportunity by about midway of the game, and specializing loses it's meaning.

The DLCs wisely limit what you can do due to their segmented nature and lack of skill points to earn. In the main games, the same character that can lift everything heavy can also get into all the nooks and crannies and be a ninja badass. Choices tend to matter more when the campaign is only 5ish hours long rather than 20- 30. Dishonored simply is kind of miserly with the runes, and it means you actually have to build a character, more or less.

So, immersive sims, let's try to damper the power creep down. I remember losing interest in both the games I mentioned about midway through when these moments hit. I picked them back up, as they are still good games, but they would be more interesting by making skill points rarer, both from the reward aspect of finding / earning one, and with multiple playthroughs being a lot different.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
I notice the installer also has Umineko patches, are those "needed" aswell for future reference?
Hell yeah, Umineko voice acting is amazing and adds so much to the game.
Some people don't like the new sprites, saying they miss something compared to original designs, but yeah, some people are just straight wrong...
25e444da520e6fa38d370497d21decab366f1071_hq.jpg

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I bet you're right.

Those
big slimy things that had little babies were creepy as hell, although I think those were based off of something in the original game.
The G-embryo. It's the first boss you fight in route A in the original, before accessing the sewers
Overall I felt the A/B split was pulled off much better in the original game, where the progress was more differentiated by the route instead of by the character like in the remake. Also the fact that in the original Leon gives Claire a police radio and they communicate with each other during the game, with Leon helping with curing Sherry/bringing her to the train (depending on the route IIRC) made the two halves seem more coherent to me. Like I am now playing Claire B and finding random memos from Leon, but why would he even leave those around, the last time he saw Claire was outside of the police station and he has no reason whatsover to expect that she would follow his trail to the umbrella labs. It also misses some of the nice touches like moving the police van etc.

TL;DR the way the remake treats the routes was one on the few disappointments of the game. This and the annoying licker buff.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
So I start at last playing Resident Evil HD Remake on PC....
Does it was always so irritating to manage your small Inventory?
I played Resident Evl 2 [the old one], but I don't remember to had this problem.
For the record my favourite game of the series is Resident Evil 4. Plus I played the new Resident Evil Demo and I really liked.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
So I start at last playing Resident Evil HD Remake on PC....
Does it was always so irritating to manage your small Inventory?
I played Resident Evl 2 [the old one], but I don't remember to had this problem.
For the record my favourite game of the series is Resident Evil 4. Plus I played the new Resident Evil Demo and I really liked.
If you play as Chris, you get a bigger inventory. Might wanna give that a try before you play as Jill.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
If you play as Chris, you get a bigger inventory. Might wanna give that a try before you play as Jill.

Oh! I see. Maybe I will start again with him. Going back and forth using different kind of Key items was SO frustrating with Jill.

Its kinda sad the PC port of REmake is kinda shit, all the slowdown that capcom still hasn't fixed.

For the 2 hours I played, no slowdowns for me.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh! I see. Maybe I will start again with him. Going back and forth using different kind of Key items was SO frustrating with Jill.
Isn't it the other way around? Jill with the bigger inventory (and MASTER OF UNLOCKING), Chris has more health.
Oh, you're right! I totally forgot.
It's 6 inventory slots for Chris (but higher health, as you said), but 8 for Jill.

I guess all you can really do then, SweetSark, is to make sure you use the stash (the chests you can access in each save room) more diligently. I also put most puzzle items there, and only took them when I knew I had all I needed for a given puzzle.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Oh, you're right! I totally forgot.
It's 6 inventory slots for Chris (but higher health, as you said), but 8 for Jill.

I guess all you can really do then, SweetSark, is to make sure you use the stash (the chests you can access in each save room) more diligently. I also put most puzzle items there, and only took them when I knew I had all I needed for a given puzzle.

.....well, shiiiiit.....
At least I know I made the right choice from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.