• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you consider Die Hard a Christmas film?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The people also considered Trump to be a presidential candidate, so I pretty much don't give a fuck what the people think

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the no camp. The difference maker for me is that Christmas movies share a tone that die hard just does not.

Either way it's a silly argument. It's way better than the vast majority of Christmas movies

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
It always has been, and always will be to me. I even own a copy of this to read around the fireplace at Christmas time.

61Io8Q8CuHL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
You can tell me that water isn't wet, but it doesn't make it any more true.

I'll be celebrating this Christmas- as all Christmases before it- with my buddy John McClane and his partner Al.

daevv

Oct 27, 2017
I always think of the sequel as the Christmas one but what do I know...Cheech and Chong's Up in Smoke was the Christmas movie in my parents house before the grand kids got older. My brothers and I still quote it at Christmas dinner. lol

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
I'm in the no camp. The difference maker for me is that Christmas movies share a tone that die hard just does not.

Either way it's a silly argument. It's way better than the vast majority of Christmas movies

The film is literally about a man trying to get home, against all odds, to see his family at Christmas. Next you'll be telling me that Batman Returns isn't a Christmas movie.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to watch Die hard all year round.

I don't want to watch Christmas movies all year round.

Therefore die hard is not a Christmas movie.

Jun 18, 2018

It doesn't explore the 'magic' or Christmas in any way, but it is a story of redemption, with Christmas itself being the catalyst that re-unites John and Holly before the Gruber boys show up. That's some solid sentiment to me.

And the opening of the vault is a brilliant scene which invites you to join in the fun of the bad guys winning, starting with a Christmas joke and growing into Ode To Joy. It's way more evocative than any "let's open our Christmas present" scene I can think of, with maybe Danny getting Gizmo in Gremlins being close.

So, I think it's on the fringes, but it counts because ultimately, the best thing about Christmas is family (except that time I got Tomb Raider 2 on my PSOne).[/QUOTE]

ann3nova.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. Cause the Nakatomi Plaza was throwing a holiday party when McClane was coming home for Easter.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Batman Returns is the true "not a conventional Christmas movie but still absolutely a Christmas movie" movie.

Oct 25, 2017
Happens during Christmastime, not actual Christmas movie. What's tough to understand about that, 25% of morons?

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
The people also considered Trump to be a presidential candidate, so I pretty much don't give a fuck what the people think
*looks at POTUS*

what do the people know?

Yeah, but not the MAJORITY of people, though. Only reason Trump won was because there are certain people whose vote matters MORE simply because certain States have more power than they EVER should have in regards to Presidential elections. Fuck Electoral College!

Last edited: