• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you consider Die Hard a Christmas film?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
It's a dumb joke, it's absolutely not a Christmas movie.

Once again, the mass on Era proves it has terrible taste though.

The people also considered Trump to be a presidential candidate, so I pretty much don't give a fuck what the people think

But Hillary won the popular vote by 3,000,000 votes.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It's a Christmas Movie. No amount of wrong people is going to change that.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
1) Die Hard is definitely a xmas movie
2) I'm tired after 30 years of people trying to come off as hip/clever by saying "well you know what the best Christmas movie ever is, right?"

it's a great movie, and I'm pretty sure everyone is unanimous in this.. but I'm also sure that the vast majority of people have other movies they prefer more for the holidays.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
4c0cc1fc-9bb6-4f7a-a3d6-f3832f641989_1.3d2bedf16cf5dbce0af3484dadafb428.jpeg

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is my favorite argument to get angry over and get others angry over. It's so inconsequential yet so very very important.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Cinemark seems to think it is. It is one of the movies they play at Christmas time

ABC Family thinks the Harry Potter series are Christmas movies because they play them every year at Christmas time, but outside of a couple scenes that might take place at Christmas or in the snow, they're absolutely not Christmas movies.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's not. The movie works without it being Christmas. Just because it takes place on or around Christmas does not make it a Christmas movie

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
LOL, I can't believe we have this many people on Era actually thinking that we are joking about it being a Christmas movie. Not everything has to have Santa Claus+elves and be targeted to children to be considered to be a Christmas movie.

Like if that's the definition people want to use then you have to take away tons of films that center around Christmas. Home Alone should be considered a comedy film strictly and not be considered a Christmas film by the same logic.

Maurice Hamblin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Die Hard as a Christmas movie has always been the dumbest "bro" thing I've ever heard. Then people try and hype it up as the best Christmas movie when it in no way could best the Santa Clause. The whole thing fails on some levels.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
Die Hard as a Christmas movie has always been the dumbest "bro" thing I've ever heard. Then people try and hype it up as the best Christmas movie when it in no way could best the Santa Clause. The whole thing fails on some levels.
it is both. a Christmas movie and the dumbest bro thing.

to be fair.. I think people claiming Gremlins as the best Christmas movie are silly also. Even though it's an incredible movie also, and in fact a better Christmas movie than Die Hard (and shockingly... possibly more violent...)

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
hot take: the discussion about whether or not it's a Christmas movie is FUCKING boring

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Watching Die Hard on Christmas was one of the few traditions my family had. The people are fools.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
What about it disqualifies it as a X-mas movie? It takes place during X-mas, has the family dynamic, and has a feel good ending. Just because it has violence shouldnt mean it isnt a X-mas movie.

Big Al

Oct 25, 2017
New York
The people are right. Edgelords just move on and give some generic answer instead of trying to seem cool and say Die Hard when people ask what your favorite Christmas movie is

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Of course it is. It's a family tradition of ours to watch it during the holidays, including National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Trapped in Paradise etc. It just so happens I can watch Die Hard year round.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
This is like a worse, older version of "a hot dog is a sandwich?" Sure, but people are only calling it that for the l u l z. It hasn't been funny or unique for over a decade.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It actually has more "Christmas" themes in it than both it's a wonderful life and white Christmas. Which only become Christmas movies in thier last last 25%.

Now, who wants to argue those are not Christmas movies?

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the world went from "Oh you think Die Hard is a Christmas movie? That's quirky, never thought of it" to "Shut the fuck up about your stupid fucking christmas movie Brian, jeez every fucking year you are so proud about saying Die fucking Hard is your favorite fucking Christmas movie. Nobody fucking cares anymore. Fuck off This is why your wife left you" in the span of like 5 years