• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
(Or at least from it getting any worse amirite!) However direct, indirect, subtle, or last-minute, mortality, take a lap..!!

ONCE a friend of a friend of mine saved me from drowning when I accidentally fell into a lake as a kid... I definitely didn't know what to give in exchange..!! But I stayed away from baths for a good few weeks afterward. *nods* We still chat, in fact I'm not sure if she much remembers it..!!

Also as a kid, a family friend took me and a couple kids out of the backyard of a house party when an unruly fellow was pulling out a gun at someone, a bullet of which strayed right where we were playing. The man is outta state now but there'll always be cookies for him in the neighborhood!

There have been other close calls in these later years, though my ability to clumsily deal with clumsiness has certainly improved. *nods* Who have been your guardian angels over the years? ^^'

Last edited:

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uh, I guess the surgeon who removed the malignant tumor in my testicle two years ago.

Ushiromiya

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
One time in college I got really drunk and went to go lay down on some train tracks. Someone must have seen me and ended up calling the police.

Last edited:

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
I had a heart attack in front of a church about 7 years ago and someone who was taking out the trash called an ambulance. Had they not been there, I wouldn't be alive today. I went to the church to thank them later, and it turned out that they moved away.

So damn weird. But I'm so thankful to that person now and wish I could repay them in some way.

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
My best friend called the ambulance that saved my life from an overdose when I tried to commit suicide at 15.

He passed away almost 2 years ago. Every day I wish I could have saved his life the way he did mine.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I was about to cross a 4 lane road (the light was red and the sign said to cross) and just as I was about to, a random guy grabbed the back of my shirt and pulled me backwards. Just then a car comes zooming through the red light way over the speed limit. He then crossed the street with me afterwards to make sure I made it to the other side okay.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, not quite a life-savior, but an asshole in high-school kicked a football ball pretty hard while aiming it at me, it was going to hit my face while I wasn't even paying attention to it but my friend quickly reacted to it and grabbed it with his hands, so I only felt the impact of his palm (and the hit still managed to push me back a bit). That probably could've ended pretty badly for me had my friend not been there since I had braces at the time.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I was hiking while I was in Scouts. We were near a mountain summit and it was really windy. I almost got blown off the side of the trail and would have tumbled down a very dangerous part of the mountain. Luckily one of the leaders was behind me and grabbed me by my backpack and pulled me back.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
I've struggled with severe anxiety and depression for years and the people who stood by me during the darkest times probably did in fact save my life without realising it. My parents, my best friend, my ex girlfriend, ... All of them played a part and I'll always be grateful for that.