• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
EA_FilmStillsBoiledEggRESIZED.jpg

Egg and Soldiers, the perfect breakfast.

Someone once told me that this isn't a thing over in America, is that really the case?

As an American I've never seen this. Get that runny yoke atrocity out of here.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Eggs are great in pretty much any preparation.

I've been making a lot of scrambled, recently. As long as you don't overcook them, that's probably my favorite.

Akela

Oct 28, 2017

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Scrambled, hard boiled, or deviled.

Runny yolks are absolutely revolting. What is wrong with you people?! It's like eating mucous.

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
OP's taste in eggs is suspect as fuck.

All about scrambled with a dash of milk fam, lightly cooked with butter

Thank me later

EDIT: Almost forgot the pinch of black pepper. Essential.

ann3nova.

Oct 27, 2017
Over medium is pretty perfect. Not too runny, and it makes damned certain the whites are firmed. ^_^

I am also pretty fond of hard boiled eggs.

Carfo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I only make it with runny yolk if it's going in a sandwich. Otherwise, I'll do scrambled. Now, I had hardboiled deviled eggs today for the first time and that was delicious

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I like some variation in my eggs.

Like them boiled hard, boiled with soft yolk, scrambled, omelettes, quiches, poached, the only ones I'm picky with are sunny side up, those always need to be fried on both sides (with the yolk still runny, though), since I can't stand the whites being gooey.

St. Alphonzo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What is this aversion (some) Americans have to runny yolk?

EA_FilmStillsBoiledEggRESIZED.jpg

Egg and Soldiers, the perfect breakfast.

Someone once told me that this isn't a thing over in America, is that really the case?

Lovely stuff.

Also during my travels across the States I've noticed a common inability to cook fried eggs properly.

That's before cooking right? If not, put it back in the pan

If anything it's overdone.

Last edited:

Whiteside

Oct 28, 2017
Norfolk, UK
Oh fried eggs, don't have them often when I do I fry them on a low heat in butter and baste the top of the egg making sure that the yolk ends up runny but all the white is set. Can't stand crispy fried eggs.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Egg in ramen. It's kinda runny but it's so good with the ramen. Cooking it this way is pretty difficult.

348s.jpg

Also the Gordan Ramsay scramble egg way.