• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

denisqc

Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Grimm tales pinball noir, wrath of elder gods, curse of the mummy , Godzilla pinball,Kong pinball, Godzilla vs Kong pinball, Addams family
Those are the ones.
Did not tinker with options, but on my iPad 9th gen, seems 30 fps 😞

denisqc

Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Eurgh. No options for 60 fps.
Went for super happy to get a pinball game to this...
For the fun of it, will see if there is an android version for my.pixel 8

denisqc

Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
So more than 30fps on my phone, but not quite 60.
May just be unlocked fps and not optimized.
May depend on your device then

CBZ

Jul 2, 2022
Anyone here played Labyrinth yet? Table seriously wowed me for being the first table by a brand new startup company, and I'm not even the biggest fan of the film it's based on. Great, deep modes, the sound design is incredible (and includes all of the Bowie songs from the film implemented quite tastefully), and overall it feels a lot like a 90s table brought into the modern day. Included a link to gameplay of it here.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmMP15de7y4

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here played Labyrinth yet? Table seriously wowed me for being the first table by a brand new startup company, and I'm not even the biggest fan of the film it's based on. Great, deep modes, the sound design is incredible (and includes all of the Bowie songs from the film implemented quite tastefully), and overall it feels a lot like a 90s table brought into the modern day. Included a link to gameplay of it here.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmMP15de7y4

I want to try P3. It seems INCREDIBLY divisive, so I want to develop my own opinion.

Anyone get some time on a Jaws yet? I haven't been out to play on location for a while, so not myself. I have to go to the main HQ in Louisville for work soon, and there's a location down there that may have a Jaws. But I'm curious what the general consensus on the game is. Stern's best modern game still seems to be Godzilla. I ended up selling my Bond...Game is good, but I just wanted to change things up.

Alien has been great. But I'm hoping to trade it for a LOTR. That is, honestly, my favorite game in all pinball history. It's just SO good. But until that happens, my Alien is very dialed in and plays awesome.

Has digital pinball made any advancements lately??

scurker

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone get some time on a Jaws yet? I haven't been out to play on location for a while, so not myself. I have to go to the main HQ in Louisville for work soon, and there's a location down there that may have a Jaws. But I'm curious what the general consensus on the game is.

I've put about a dozen or so games into a pro. I like it.

Well integrated theme, fun shots, skill shot is kind of hard to reliably hit. My oldest - who isn't usually into pinball - has asked to play it with me a couple of times, so I think it's really accessible compared to other recent releases.

It reminds me a lot of Jurassic Park with some of the modes, which is good. I haven't quite gotten a grasp on all the modes, but the moving fin target is fun and pretty unique.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm bored of jaws already…my location just got an LE so I'll try that, but I can't really put my finger on why it hasn't hooked me. I'd rather play Godzilla or JP still.

I've played a handful of games on Labyrinth. I've never seen the movie so a lot of the assets are lost on me, I like the little whacky guys that pop out and laugh at you. Seems like a much better home game than location. I'm impressed but can definitely tell it's their first game. It's a very brown game.

I've been loving Pulp Fiction. I'm totally hooked on it. It's straight forward and intuitive with lots of satisfying audio feedback. The sound package is one of the best ever. I think this style of licensed game is a much better use of assets than the more cinematic approach. I just want to hear cool shit from the licenses I love while doing pinball stuff over cool artwork.

I've also been playing a bunch of Williams Fire! What a unique and fun game. It often had some of the local killers camped out on it, and now I finally get it. It's turned up super loud so it's really satisfying when the sirens are blaring and the bell is ringing and normies are turning their heads. Sets the pinball mood for sure.

CBZ

Jul 2, 2022
Got to play Pulp Fiction today, fun game but I honestly think the audio package on it is the best part and really helps elevate what's otherwise a pretty good table. I can definitely see people new to the hobby getting into this game something fierce, very minimal rules knowledge is needed compared to stuff like Venom or Jaws. I found it to be a little on the easy side but just challenging enough to keep my interest, and find cashing out scenes to be really addicting and stressful.

As for this game vs. Jaws... I dunno, I'd prefer owning a cinematic style game where you advance through a story over a classic throwback, so I'm more of a Jaws fan than a PF fan, but I think PF knocked it out of the park overall and I think both games are very good.

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
Got to go visit Next Level Pinball in Hillsboro, OR today - hundreds and hundreds of machines on free play for a $22 entry fee. Totally reignited my love for it and I'm gonna be going much more often now! With all the new stuff, I'm surprised what kept me and my friends playing and competing was Black Knight 2000. Not a lot has hit the hype levels quite like the music kicking in when you're doing well in that game and the table there played perfectly.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Got to go visit Next Level Pinball in Hillsboro, OR today - hundreds and hundreds of machines on free play for a $22 entry fee. Totally reignited my love for it and I'm gonna be going much more often now! With all the new stuff, I'm surprised what kept me and my friends playing and competing was Black Knight 2000. Not a lot has hit the hype levels quite like the music kicking in when you're doing well in that game and the table there played perfectly.

Im not big into older games, but Black Knight 2000 is always hype and I would love to have one. It's a game known for it's many reliability issues and so many of them are beat up, if you see a nice one, it's almost certainly been restored as so much on them just doesn't last. Have you tried the new Black Knight? Has lot of riffs from 2000 in it's music while also being much heavier.

Next Level is amazing, from everything I've seen it's the top of the pinball museums out there, everyone praises the collection and it's amazing quality of tech support they got going.

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
Im not big into older games, but Black Knight 2000 is always hype and I would love to have one. It's a game known for it's many reliability issues and so many of them are beat up, if you see a nice one, it's almost certainly been restored as so much on them just doesn't last. Have you tried the new Black Knight? Has lot of riffs from 2000 in it's music while also being much heavier.

Next Level is amazing, from everything I've seen it's the top of the pinball museums out there, everyone praises the collection and it's amazing quality of tech support they got going.

Yeah - I loved seeing so many techs on the floor working on machines while we were there. I'm not a huge old machine person either, but getting to just walk up and check them out free play made me much more apt to dig through them. With a group who was down to do four player competitive games, we actually got stuck on the more luck-based older tables quite a bit.

I got to check out the new one too! Really hard and quick, but that feeling of getting the loops just right on the upper field is really great. It's on my shortlist of ones to get to know better along with Foo Fighters and Jurassic Park.

OP
OP
Shaneus

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
April Fool's warning, but goddamn it Stern :(

e6vTsVz.png

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
Podcast:

The Steve Ritchie interview. Probably the world's best pinball table designer.

Steve Ritchie is one of the most important pinball machine designers in the world. In this show you'll hear about his background, his career and the remarkable stories behind some of the best pinball tables in history.

hatchetjob.libsyn.com

HatchetJob.com: The Steve Ritchie interview. Probably the world's best pinball table designer.

Steve Ritchie is one of the most important pinball machine designers in the world. In this show you’ll hear about his background, his career and the remarkable stories behind some of the best pinball tables in history.

OP
OP
Shaneus

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Podcast:

The Steve Ritchie interview. Probably the world's best pinball table designer.

Steve Ritchie is one of the most important pinball machine designers in the world. In this show you'll hear about his background, his career and the remarkable stories behind some of the best pinball tables in history.

hatchetjob.libsyn.com

HatchetJob.com: The Steve Ritchie interview. Probably the world's best pinball table designer.

Steve Ritchie is one of the most important pinball machine designers in the world. In this show you’ll hear about his background, his career and the remarkable stories behind some of the best pinball tables in history.
Ooh, thanks for the heads-up! I'm yet to listen to it, but I'd also like to offer a VERY different Steve Ritchie interview that was conducted in peak "pinball is dead" panic:
podcasts.apple.com

‎A Life Well Wasted: Help on Apple Podcasts

‎Show A Life Well Wasted, Ep Help - Nov 25, 2009

It's from 2009, and I believe it's the last interview in the episode. Amazing to hear his thoughts while the industry was in such trouble. For reference, this is while he was still subcontracting to Stern under Steve Ritchie Productions, had completed Spider-Man two years earlier and just released 24 (which I had no idea he designed!).

Oh, and about 2-3 years off designing a little-known masterpiece known as AC/DC.

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
Ooh, thanks for the heads-up! I'm yet to listen to it, but I'd also like to offer a VERY different Steve Ritchie interview that was conducted in peak "pinball is dead" panic:
podcasts.apple.com

‎A Life Well Wasted: Help on Apple Podcasts

‎Show A Life Well Wasted, Ep Help - Nov 25, 2009

It's from 2009, and I believe it's the last interview in the episode. Amazing to hear his thoughts while the industry was in such trouble. For reference, this is while he was still subcontracting to Stern under Steve Ritchie Productions, had completed Spider-Man two years earlier and just released 24 (which I had no idea he designed!).

Oh, and about 2-3 years off designing a little-known masterpiece known as AC/DC.

He seems quite positive about the industry now, especially new tables he's working on.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Looks like tomorrow I'm getting in an Iron Maiden. Couldn't pass up the great local deals going on, prices are nuts right now. This will be pin #7 and well, this should be the last one lol. I mean it this time.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Finally got to try out some more games thanks to a new place we tried, free play unlimited play arcade bar, has all the latest sterns and well maintained with stern leaderboards too, very nice. Jaws Premium, it's fun, but it also just didn't really grab me, so I haven't been drawn into the hype.

Ironically I had more fun and ended up putting a bunch more time on Venom Premium, which is tons of fun and great presentation. The pro model for Venom really hurt that game I feel, folks were so so already on the theme idea and then the Pro came out looking so barren. Unfortunate as the game is fast and fun.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to try out some more games thanks to a new place we tried, free play unlimited play arcade bar, has all the latest sterns and well maintained with stern leaderboards too, very nice. Jaws Premium, it's fun, but it also just didn't really grab me, so I haven't been drawn into the hype.

Ironically I had more fun and ended up putting a bunch more time on Venom Premium, which is tons of fun and great presentation. The pro model for Venom really hurt that game I feel, folks were so so already on the theme idea and then the Pro came out looking so barren. Unfortunate as the game is fast and fun.

Venom Pro is an example of why I hate the Pro/Prem model that Stern has sunk it's hooks into.